Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #71
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevey_frac View Post
Looking over at true delta, I looks like the single most common complaints on the 2010 Camaro were oil pan leaks and front seal oil leaks.

Check your oil guys! ABC! (Always be checking!)
This is not at all the case. The timing chain issue was the cause of most LLT engine issues.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 10-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #72
stevey_frac

Drives: 2010 LT2/RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
This is not at all the case. The timing chain issue was the cause of most LLT engine issues.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Took another peek on True Delta... Looks like most of the oil issues were for the SS, not the LLT. My bad.

While there are some timing chain concerns, I think it's a little unfair to say that *most* engine issues are to do with timing chains. There have been some reported here, but I think you will find in the field that there is a wide range of issues causing repairs, and timing chains aren't as common as you think in the LLT's in the Camaro.
stevey_frac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #73
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Honestly this is the shit that pisses me off. Theres soo many known cases on Camaro5 alone about this issue. Pathetic
Hope you get this resolved man, if not try to contact some automotive blogs and people to bring the issue up.
Theres a reason why GM suddenly switched to the LFX
If I didnt love the camaro soo much, I wouldve sold it. Most unreliable car I have ever owned. More brittle than the 30 year old cars that drive next to it.
This will be my last GM car. I have said it time and time before, and continued to buy thinking it would be different this time, totally wrong. And the worst part is majority of the people I speak to who have owned many cars agree. You get the odd few strong GM cars, the rest have problems, and some re down right lemons.
I agree so much with this statement
**** GM. They are sons of ******!
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #74
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
The OP bought used, so its buyer beware!
Someone dumped the car after it was using oil.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #75
NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks

Drives: 2010 2LT RS M6 IOM FlwMstr
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Typically the cases we've seen here HAVE been covered... I think I would spend a couple hundred bucks and talk to a lawyer at this point...
Tomorrow I am going to see the service manger at the dealer and see if we can move this forward. Hopefully we can keep lawyers out of this. Since there is still dialog that is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
The OP bought used, so its buyer beware!
Someone dumped the car after it was using oil.
Yeah could be. But the warranty transferred to me and whenever I checked oil I saw a full dipstick.

I started a poll to see how much Camaro 5 users see in their oil measurements.

Please take the time to vote. The poll can be found here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322364
NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #76
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
If GM doesn't fix this, this will be my last GM product. I'm going with Ford next. GM...I know you are monitoring this site so take note. To many of the same issue to not address it correctly.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #77
NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
If GM doesn't fix this, this will be my last GM product. I'm going with Ford next. GM...I know you are monitoring this site so take note. To many of the same issue to not address it correctly.
Good news coming. I am typing it up now. Hang tight!!!
Old 10-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #78
NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks

GM has come through!!!!

I was going to hold off on the announcement until I actually had my car again but I figured I better let all know now so that they can be relived as much as I am and put their faith back in GM.

I swung by the dealer late Friday morning and as luck would have it the DMA was there to. The Service Manager, the DMA and I went into the Service Managers office and sat down. I went through the whole story of the day I bought my car. I suppose I really should have started out with the day I saw the concept car but that may have been a little too far back.

I explained how I had measured the oil the morning before going to Jiffy Lube and it was full. I then explained how I made a point of assuring my engine was good and warm and pulling right in to get fast service and get a good drain on the oil. Then how going forward just over 3000 miles those 6 quarts of oil that were put in at Jiffy Lube had gone done to 2 quarts left in the pan when they dismantled the motor at the dealership.

The DMA listened to all of this and said that did not change what he is seeing in the damage in the engine. That the damage was caused by lack of oil. But with that said he did have an option for me. He asked that if I was willing to pay for 1.5 to 2 hours labor, the shop techs could pull the head off and inspect the valves and pistons to see if there was evidence of oil consumption. At first I was a bit hesitant thinking that I better save up my money to get the engine repaired or replaced instead of paying anything to get it torn apart further but then I figured it was a safe gamble since I know that I had measured a full dip stick on this engine quite a few times over that 3000 mile period.

Once I agreed, they said that they would start looking at it that afternoon and should have an answer in a few hours. I told them that I was heading up to Canada immediately after our meeting so I gave the service manager my cell phone number.

at around 4:45 pm my cell phone rang while I was up in Canada and immediately cut out. It rang again and cut out. I tried to call the Service Manager back but kept getting his voice mail. The wait was agony since I was sure I was going to miss him as he left for the weekend. Finally at 5:25 pm I got a hold of him.

He said that they pulled apart the valves over cylinder 1,3 and 6. The valve guide tolerance should have been .001 to .0015 and it was .006. On Piston 3 the Cylinder ring gap was lined up. I believe there were other oil consumption issues that he had located but I could not hear due to the connection on the cell phone. The Service manager had taken pictures and forwarded them to the DMA. He agreed that this should be covered under warranty. I instantly had my permagrin.

I then asked how long it would take to get the motor ordered. It turns out that they already had it since PCQ (Parts Control Quality @ GM) had already worked through the rebuild / replacement steps a few weeks back so the engine was already ordered and delivered to the dealer.

The engine should be installed and ready to roll by Thursday or Friday.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #79
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Great news!!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #80
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Wow, now that is good news.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #81
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Great ! Good luck with the new engine.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #82
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Great news indeed! I am so glad to hear that it worked out as it should & you will soon have your baby back good as new.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #83
redleader
redleader

Drives: 2010
:-) !!
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #84
Decepticon21

Drives: 2010 Camaro v6
So glad you didn't back down an not fight this! This is great news! Congrats!
Decepticon21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blowup, engine, llt