Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-17-2021, 06:59 PM   #1
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Pcv system under boost

So directions on the ESS syste calls for the driver side valve cover hose to go to the intake just under the throttle body and the pass side valve cover to go to the intake side of thr blower. I also have a metco breather on the oil fill with a check valve. Is this the proper way to vent under boost? Current boost level will be roughly 10 psi
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:25 PM   #2
AlanRubin
Banned

Drives: 2010 LS
No, not the proper way, only because, LEGALLY, you're not allowed to vent to
atmosphere. I have an Elite catch-breather on my oil fill with a vent filter, and
I am not boosted, and it has reduced the oil in the catch by almost 50%.

However, the way you have it hooked up will work...
AlanRubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:41 PM   #3
SHERMAN

Drives: 2010 2ssrs
Yes as long as there is a pcv valve at the connection at the intake. I dont have a stock intake so im not sure about the connection there. I would really consider a catch can at some point.
SHERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:48 AM   #4
gunchamp

I have a jlt catch can but wasnt sure if i could use it now. Would it just go on the line that is going from my pass side valve cover over to the inlet side of the blower?
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
Old 04-18-2021, 09:30 AM   #5
SHERMAN

Drives: 2010 2ssrs
Ideally in my mind you would want a 3 port catch can with one port going to inlet of super charger, one port to intake pcv, and the other going to a tee with a line running to each valve cover.
SHERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 10:01 AM   #6
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN View Post
Ideally in my mind you would want a 3 port catch can with one port going to inlet of super charger, one port to intake pcv, and the other going to a tee with a line running to each valve cover.
Ok maked sense. Have to see whats out there now. Any suggestions?
Old 04-19-2021, 01:23 PM   #7
gunchamp

So this is how I'm going to plum this. I got this info from the extremely helpful gents at Jannetty. The port on the driver side valve cover will get blocked off. The port on the pass side valve cover will go to the suction side of the supercharger. The valley cover port will go to one side of my existing catch can. The other side of the catch can will go to the port on the front of the intake, this one will also have a one way check valve. Seem right?