Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-08-2021, 09:03 AM   #1
Smudo

Drives: ZL 1 2018, BMW M4 Comp. 19, Z4 M 06
How to reset Service Airbag in Dashboard?

Hi Forum,

i cleaned my car and suddenly I disconnected under the passenger seat one cable.
Close to the gearbox, a cable with 2 pins.
After I connected I realized the airbag service light is no on in dashboard.
Red light not the yellow on.

So question is there a possibility to reset the service airbag red light by myself without tool?
Disconnect the battery minus pool 24 hours does not help?

Best regards
Smudo
Smudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:43 AM   #2
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
srs reset needs a tool. Almost 100% sure this will not reset on it's own nor does it have a special konami code type of trick to do within the car to reset it.

I dont believe you can reset it with a basic "check engine light" reset kind of tool either. You need something a bit more annoyingly complicated to talk to the BCM directly about the SRS code.

Those can run you some significant money in most cases. I'd suggest finding a new friend who already has one Or biting the bullet and getting your own as if you're a diy kind of guy, you'll have to deal with various bcm's.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 02:08 PM   #3
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
^ I believe that is the case unless something has changed. I worked for a tier 1 supplier designing and producing SRS for Ford in the mid 90s. One of the Ford techs I worked with was the guy who answered the phone when you dialed 1-800-USAIRBAG. He used to get calls from a good ole boy in Alabama who ran a collision shop and would try to get codes reset on a wrecked car he replaced the airbag in. Tech tried to explain to him you can't just replace the airbag without replacing the airbag ECU because the firing loop outputs on the ECU board are compromised after a fire squib condition. It was a pretty long argument but the tech won. Guess the guy had to have his customer pony up for a new ECU. This is why they should only be reset by a trained pro.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 03:15 PM   #4
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
I know this are newer cars but maybe it will reset itself. I have a 2010 corvette that i have aftermarket seats and one of the connectors was acting up with the red light coming on and off and then staying on for a bit. I figured out that the connector with the resistors was getting pinched when a person was on the seat. Relocated and then the light went away on its own after a couple of cycles. But then, i had a WV that the light came up because I turned on the car with the door panels off and the light never went away. I had to get the dealership to turn it off.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2021, 03:22 PM   #5
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
a short circuit (pinch) will trigger a different status/error than an open circuit. Short circuits dont happen during deployment.

Open circuits happen during deployment, so it can't tell if it was deployed at some point now.

That's why it's always super important to make sure the battery is disconnected and the car is powered down before playing with SRS connectors. (besides the obvious, you're playing with a bomb aspect)
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:52 PM   #6
Smudo

Drives: ZL 1 2018, BMW M4 Comp. 19, Z4 M 06
Good Afternoon Folks,

Dealership confirmed today passenger seat detector mattress defect.
Mattress just available with control panel.
He also sayed there was some gelly liquid on it, maybe some liquid for this mattress.
Cost???? 3 ****ing Bugs for just some Sensors ��������������
Smudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:28 PM   #7
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
srs reset needs a tool. Almost 100% sure this will not reset on it's own nor does it have a special konami code type of trick to do within the car to reset it.

I dont believe you can reset it with a basic "check engine light" reset kind of tool either. You need something a bit more annoyingly complicated to talk to the BCM directly about the SRS code.

Those can run you some significant money in most cases. I'd suggest finding a new friend who already has one Or biting the bullet and getting your own as if you're a diy kind of guy, you'll have to deal with various bcm's.
I believe you are correct. Life safety stuff is a little harder to get by. I did change a airbag sensor on a Escalade that did make a airbag light go away though.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote