Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 12-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #43
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Sport mode really worked well at the track. Terry mentioned it in the video how well the automatic pulled on the straights.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #44
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael's maro View Post
Had a blast, I'm so glad you Mark, Terry, Larry made it out this year...Saturday's session my car ran 180 on the front stretch. I got a pro driver to drive my car with me...HOLY SH#T my car is fast and it can brake, and handle...I'm still learning LOL
Very nice MPH. Keep me posted on your next track. Sorry I could not make it this year. Hope to go next year. Still would like to try that track in SC you told me about.
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #45
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
Keep us up to date Cruzn... Also... I started the thread for Camaros for Heroes III... Southeast stickies!.. Gotta come defend your podium finish!
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #46
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael's maro View Post
Had a blast, I'm so glad you Mark, Terry, Larry made it out this year...Saturday's session my car ran 180 on the front stretch. I got a pro driver to drive my car with me...HOLY SH#T my car is fast and it can brake, and handle...I'm still learning LOL

I bet that was freaking awesome!!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #47
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznSS View Post
With new pavement, we didn't see much tire wear at all. Forgot to drop air pressure for 2nd run. Caused me to break loose and I had to back it down a bit. Nothing like breaking loose across the start/finish line and having to make a hard left at end of pit road. Used stock seat belt but looking at 5 point harnesses now & a hans restraint for future use. Check out Hooked on Driving.com They will post track dates. They do a road course at Pocono. Might try that too.

Cool, one of the guys from Upstate C5 has invited me up to Watkins Glen to do some laps up there too.....that also sounds like alot of fun as well. Sooo many tracks....so little time.

I'm sure that the tire wear may also have been worse because those crown vics don't run on low profile tires either...that bigger sidewall can't deal with all that pressure on the banking.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #48
CruznSS

Watkins Glenn is a blast. Even behind the pace car you can build up a lot of speed. I think we would be ok at Dover for 5 lap runs. Wouldn't push too hard due to the concrete. Signed in for Camaro's for Hero's. Great event & great cause.....

Old 12-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #49
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWM View Post
Gents to say the Daytona International "Hooked on Driving" was a "BLAST" would be an under-statement. I think the first run was a bit of a blur because you are so..ooo pumped! The Lotus spinning out in front of me did nothing to sooth my nerves. The speed, running the severely banked curves and dealing with the exotic race cars was a real test of my constitution. I did much better on the following runs....but Wow what an experience! Yeah...I clipped some grass on the first run...but no damage. I was surprised how our Camaros performed in the midst of such high performance cars.
Thanks Mike for suggesting such a day at the track and Mark and Terry for making it a great trip as usual! I would go back in a blink and cannot wait! Tremendous bang for the buck at this track!
Your CRAZY Larry!!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #50
LWM

Drives: #54 ZL 550 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS,GIF
I know....but having a blast!
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #51
LWM

On our next visit to Daytona.....bring Miss Thing and have a blast on the track!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #52
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWM View Post
On our next visit to Daytona.....bring Miss Thing and have a blast on the track!

Well, my husband wants to take her to the track, but said he has to teach me how to drive first!! What?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #53
LWM

Tell him to bring that Vette...Bring them both.....there were a bundle of Vettes tearing the track up! ZR 1, Z06, etc...etc...they were all there. Exotics everywhere of every vintage. Great outing.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #54
Jatterbu

Drives: GRAND-AM GS.R Camaro's
Great to see you guys getting some track time out at Daytona! This is not from your event but I thought that I'd share

-Joey
Jatterbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:40 AM   #55
CruznSS

That was fast. Love the pass down the backstrech before the shicane. Just to get on that track and run the corners made it a trip to never forget. Time to plan for next year & get a few more to join the fun! Thanks for sharing the video.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #56
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I am going next year, guaranteed. It will be paid for before c5fest if it is posted.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote