Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 03-27-2014, 02:54 PM   #1
eodtech72
EOD

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Dealer in VA Beach

So I took my car to Rick Hendrick Chevrolet of Norfolk here in Virginia Beach this morning to schedule having my new tires installed. The service guy that meet me at the door had me pull around to the tire shop which is a separate building behind the main garage. I go in and ask the guy behind the counter about setting up a time/day. He first acts like I'm bothering him then tells me it will be $50/tire and they'll need some extra time with it because they have to be careful. So I'm good with that until his next statement is that if they do by chance damage the wheels while taking the old tires off or putting the new ones on they are not responsible for the damage??? I remind him that these are stock ZL1 Chevrolet wheels not some aftermarket wheels and still he says sorry if we damage them I'd be responsible for fixing them??? Needless to say I left and went back to ask for the Service Manager but of course he was unavailable. I even asked if they could recommend a shop that would do it and they just gave me the "i have no clue" shroug... They even have at least one brand new ZL1 with the same black 10-spokes on their lot....

So I made a call to RK Chevrolet also here in VA Beach and spoke to one of their technicians and they said, no problem. They will change out the tires for $25/tire and if they are damaged they will cover any costs to repair/replace. I also explained to them what the other dealer had told me and they said that was crazy....

If you're in my area and have a 1LE or ZL1 with the stock black 10-spoke wheels I'd recommend staying very far away from Rick Hendrick Chevrolet's service dept....
eodtech72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:34 PM   #2
Brownster

Drives: 1966 GTO Convertible/ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by eodtech72 View Post
So I took my car to Rick Hendrick Chevrolet of Norfolk here in Virginia Beach this morning to schedule having my new tires installed. The service guy that meet me at the door had me pull around to the tire shop which is a separate building behind the main garage. I go in and ask the guy behind the counter about setting up a time/day. He first acts like I'm bothering him then tells me it will be $50/tire and they'll need some extra time with it because they have to be careful. So I'm good with that until his next statement is that if they do by chance damage the wheels while taking the old tires off or putting the new ones on they are not responsible for the damage??? I remind him that these are stock ZL1 Chevrolet wheels not some aftermarket wheels and still he says sorry if we damage them I'd be responsible for fixing them??? Needless to say I left and went back to ask for the Service Manager but of course he was unavailable. I even asked if they could recommend a shop that would do it and they just gave me the "i have no clue" shroug... They even have at least one brand new ZL1 with the same black 10-spokes on their lot....

So I made a call to RK Chevrolet also here in VA Beach and spoke to one of their technicians and they said, no problem. They will change out the tires for $25/tire and if they are damaged they will cover any costs to repair/replace. I also explained to them what the other dealer had told me and they said that was crazy....

If you're in my area and have a 1LE or ZL1 with the stock black 10-spoke wheels I'd recommend staying very far away from Rick Hendrick Chevrolet's service dept....
I went to them early on when the verts first came out and they wanted 5000 over msrp.
I said no way and found another dealer who would not charge but msrp.
They were good to work with so when it came time to replace tires I ordered them and sent the tires directly to them.
They charged more than they quoted me but made an an ajustment to like $40/tire.
However,they scratched my rims (polished).
Luckily,they were able to be buffed out as if not the worst rim would have to be sent out and redone completley.
Since I live 70 miles away this would have been a PITA.
Next time I replace tires I will research a tire center that has better equipment to handle these tires.
Brownster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:18 PM   #3
1953 C6

Drives: 2016 SS Vert, 1969 Z/28
Hall in Western Branch is good!

I have tried Hendrick, RK and Priority and they all have no clue. Hall in Western Branch get's it.

Rex at Performance Wheel and Tire is awesome for wheel/tire installation and alignments!

As far as sales go... You have to leave Hampton Roads to get a good deal on a in-demand cars like ZL1, Z/28 and any Corvette.
1953 C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:34 AM   #4
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
I refused to buy my 1LE from Rick Hendrick, but I did buy from the Hendrick group... i just went south 4 hours. As for maintenance, I have to agree that this Hendrick dealer sucks. When they were Colonial I took my 2LT in for drivers door window issues and ended up in a rental for 3 days... and no phone call to tell me the car was fixed. I wasnt happy. I heard good things about Hall.. Priority we have no issues with.. hub took my 2LT there when he found a curb and broke the rear axle.

There are some mom and pop shops around that have ceramic tools for your rims.. I can see if I can get you the name of the one my hub used when he powder coated my 2LT rims.
scruffyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:01 AM   #5
Jatterbu

Drives: GRAND-AM GS.R Camaro's
Apparently I'm not allowed to give knowledge or help people on the forums according to the mods here. If you would like information on the Virginia Beach area and help with the situation you have, please PM me

Joey
Jatterbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #6
Crazyhorse6901
Turbine Maker

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT-RS "LFX"V6
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatterbu View Post
Apparently I'm not allowed to give knowledge or help people on the forums according to the mods here. If you would like information on the Virginia Beach area and help with the situation you have, please PM me

Joey
That doesn't sound right...
Crazyhorse6901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:48 AM   #7
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
they yelled at you after only 36 posts???
scruffyluv is offline   Reply With Quote