Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Middle East

Old 03-23-2010, 11:15 PM   #1
Sweet Seduction

Drives: Black SS
Kuwait... What gas/petrol do you use?

I asked the dealer and he said the reg gold one should be fine but i just wanted to double check and get a second opinion? Thanx
Sweet Seduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:24 PM   #2
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
don't you guys go by the octane level?like we use 93 octane in the V8.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:31 PM   #3
Sweet Seduction

I believe the gold one here is 95 octane and we have a new one that might be 98? but again not sure so just double checking... read the thread on fuel from the states but not sure how that translates to Kuwait
Old 03-24-2010, 12:40 AM   #4
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Seduction View Post
I believe the gold one here is 95 octane and we have a new one that might be 98? but again not sure so just double checking... read the thread on fuel from the states but not sure how that translates to Kuwait

Mine runs on Vimto
Old 03-24-2010, 01:14 AM   #5
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
our 95 is actually 93 and 98 is 95... a friend of mine told me its some different way of measuring it.. not sure on exact details but basically our 95 = US 93 and our 98 = US 95
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:25 AM   #6
Sweet Seduction

Vimto ajal? looool isnt that too pink and girly for u???P just teasing!

Al-Suwaidi thanx that makes sense cuz someone had mentioned something about the purity of our gas here in Kuwait not being quite up to par... so what do u use?

AND one more question....my car hasnt reached 70 kilometers but it appears ive already been thru 1/2 a tank is that normal or am i just hitting the gas too hard? Thanx again
Old 03-24-2010, 05:34 AM   #7
AlSuwaidi

Quote:
Vimto ajal? looool isnt that too pink and girly for u???P just teasing!

Al-Suwaidi thanx that makes sense cuz someone had mentioned something about the purity of our gas here in Kuwait not being quite up to par... so what do u use?

AND one more question....my car hasnt reached 70 kilometers but it appears ive already been thru 1/2 a tank is that normal or am i just hitting the gas too hard? Thanx again

Its not that our petrol isnt up to par.. just that it has misleading numbers...

I use our 98/95 US just to keep in habit so when i mod/tune the car i dont forget one day and put in the 95/93 ... higher octane = less chance of somethin going wrong.

About your car.. I suspect one of the following:

1) You have a leak

2) You are sitting in neutral revving it all day and not moving; thus using up all the petrol (dont blame you.. the car sounds sexy)

3) You forgot to fill the petrol tank after you got the car (dealer only gives you less than half a tank )

My guess is number 3...
Old 03-24-2010, 05:42 AM   #8
Sweet Seduction

Lool
1) hope not:/
2) so with u on that one!
3) Possible cuz the dealer told me it was half full but it looked like it was all full or maybe im just delusional?

btw thanx for ur patience and answers! so if u dont mind one more? if i want to switch to the 95/98 but im pretty sure it has 93/95 in it i need to let it get as empty as possible before switching sa7? I know im a pain but thats my baby and i need to take care of her the best way possible!
Old 03-24-2010, 05:45 AM   #9
AlSuwaidi

Quote:
Lool
1) hope not:/
2) so with u on that one!
3) Possible cuz the dealer told me it was half full but it looked like it was all full or maybe im just delusional?

btw thanx for ur patience and answers! so if u dont mind one more? if i want to switch to the 95/98 but im pretty sure it has 93/95 in it i need to let it get as empty as possible before switching sa7? I know im a pain but thats my baby and i need to take care of her the best way possible!

ahh I thought it would be number 3.. you are a girl after all so I guess you can be excused

I dont no specifics but ide wait for it to get down to almost 0 then fill her up with the good stuff and keep doing that.

just dont go imagining its full again when its empty and have the car stop in the middle of teh road
Old 03-24-2010, 06:05 AM   #10
Sweet Seduction

looooool ishda3waaa im a girl not blind! dont make me go take pics of the fuel gage right now hehehe and it could just as easily be option 2 loool my dad was soo embarrassed when i kept reving her at the dealership!
Old 03-24-2010, 06:14 AM   #11
AlSuwaidi

ah u now girls dunno anythin about the technicalities of cars... except maybe checking mirrors for makup .. andjusting chair and not putting on a seatbelt so you dont wrinkle your clothes... how to operate the boot to put all the shopping in.. etc :P (im only saying this cuz am in UAE and you cant run me over when im walkin down the street :P)

And you would have to rev her for hours to empty a tank.. basically the same amount of time you would need if you were drivinga round...
Old 03-24-2010, 06:26 AM   #12
Sweet Seduction

looooool i might be in q8 right now but ill be on ur turf in the AM! dont make me hunt u down and besides im not that kinda girl... i put my makeup on at home heheh JK Thanx again for being so patient im sure ill have a million more questions in the weeks to come
Old 03-24-2010, 06:31 AM   #13
AlSuwaidi

Im one of the first camaro '5aleeji-spec' owners.. een got one of the very low vins for our region.. in the mid 17000 level.. everyone else ive seen has 30000+ and yet to see one lower.. and now they are passed 100,000

me and my camaro have been through a lot... feel free to ask anything...
Old 03-24-2010, 06:32 AM   #14
AlSuwaidi

vin: vehicle identification number btw i.e chassis no... and as long as u drve safe put your makeup on wherever you want..

and if you plan on hunting me down.. dont forget petrol again