Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 03-29-2018, 01:59 PM   #1
LETHAL2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Transmission Mount

is anyone running a strengthened Trans Mount that they would recommend, my trans seems to be very loose and thinking the power I'm putting down has worn out the rubber mount.
2010 Camaro 2SS-Mods: Nightfury cam, CNC ported LS3 heads, CNC ported TB, Ported Intake, RX Catch Can, MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mantic 9000 Clutch, TSP 1 7/8 headers, catless NPP, BMR trailing arms, MMR Z/28 Reps 20" gloss black. SOLD

2011 Red Jewel Tintcoat 2SS-Mods: Edlebrock E Force S/C w/ 3" pulley swap,Texas Speed roller Boost Cam 227/235, 641"/649", 114 LSA, PRC Ported Heads, Ported TB,ARH 1 7/8 headers, McLeod RST twin disk 1000 hp clutch, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 620whp
LETHAL2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:15 PM   #2
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
The only option I've seen for the trans that isn't factory is the rev shift insert. It's probably not too good to do it without upgrading the engine mounts. There's several options the Prothane, BMR, Detroit Speed. This will get you a bunch of NVH. That will suck in a DD.

I've read that the Z/28 engine and trans mount are stiffer but liveable in a DD. That's my first step. If it's not enough I'll go Prothane and Rev Shift insert.

Hope that gives you something to work with...

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2018, 02:32 PM   #3
LETHAL2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
The only option I've seen for the trans that isn't factory is the rev shift insert. It's probably not too good to do it without upgrading the engine mounts. There's several options the Prothane, BMR, Detroit Speed. This will get you a bunch of NVH. That will suck in a DD.

I've read that the Z/28 engine and trans mount are stiffer but liveable in a DD. That's my first step. If it's not enough I'll go Prothane and Rev Shift insert.

Hope that gives you something to work with...

Yeah, I've DD'd a 2006 GTO with solid mounts for the trans and the engine before... so i know about the NVH(IT SUCKKKSSSSS) but I dont know many aftermarket mounts for the Camaro, I'll try and find info on the Z/28 mount.
2010 Camaro 2SS-Mods: Nightfury cam, CNC ported LS3 heads, CNC ported TB, Ported Intake, RX Catch Can, MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mantic 9000 Clutch, TSP 1 7/8 headers, catless NPP, BMR trailing arms, MMR Z/28 Reps 20" gloss black. SOLD

2011 Red Jewel Tintcoat 2SS-Mods: Edlebrock E Force S/C w/ 3" pulley swap,Texas Speed roller Boost Cam 227/235, 641"/649", 114 LSA, PRC Ported Heads, Ported TB,ARH 1 7/8 headers, McLeod RST twin disk 1000 hp clutch, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 620whp
Old 03-29-2018, 02:59 PM   #4
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETHAL2SS View Post
Yeah, I've DD'd a 2006 GTO with solid mounts for the trans and the engine before... so i know about the NVH(IT SUCKKKSSSSS) but I dont know many aftermarket mounts for the Camaro, I'll try and find info on the Z/28 mount.
AFAIK there is no trans mount and then there's the Prothane, BMR, and Detroit Speed for engine mounts. Also the mounts are the same between SS and ZR1. The Z/28 is the only factory stiffer option. The Rev Shift insert reportedly fits it too...

Old 03-29-2018, 03:54 PM   #5
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
AFAIK there is no trans mount and then there's the Prothane, BMR, and Detroit Speed for engine mounts. Also the mounts are the same between SS and ZR1. The Z/28 is the only factory stiffer option. The Rev Shift insert reportedly fits it too...

The Z/28 trans mount is the same one used in many 2012+ Camaro models. You already have it in your car. Look up part number 20952439.

blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:07 PM   #6
Firefighter

Here's the info I'm going off of. Quoted from a FB 1LE group. So it depends on the year of your car. Now my question is are all 2012 and up engine mounts the same as the Z/28?

"When I bought a new 5th gen manual trans mount for use with the Revshift insert, I found 2 different part numbers for 6.2L (w/o supercharger), but with no clear description of how they differed. I bought both so I could compare.

The mounts are identical except the green label mount (see pics for PNs) has harder bushing material and a different mounting bolt material - I know the green label mount comes with the 1LE, and I assume the Z/28. I’m guessing the other one with softer bushing comes with the regular SS. (I didn’t know the 1LE and Z/28 came with stiffer trans mounts than the SS, but it makes sense).

Also pictured is the Revshift insert, which is a harder material than the green label trans mount."

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2018, 04:11 PM   #7
Firefighter

So it would help lethalss who has a 2010. But my 13 has the stiffer mount.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:18 PM   #8
blake-b

Quote:
So it would help lethalss who has a 2010. But my 13 has the stiffer mount.

Yes. I would also be surprised if his issue was with the trans mount. I am not aware of them breaking but have read (on here) about the two piece drive shaft causing issues. It could be the issue though.

I have twice the hp he does and my stock trans mount is doing fine. I just checked it the other day. I am also running Pfadt engine mounts, 1 piece DS, and solid subframe mounts.

Lethal2SS, get under your car with a crowbar and see if you can move the trans around and watch your mount to see how it reacts.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:23 PM   #9
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
Yes. I would also be surprised if his issue was with the trans mount. I am not aware of them breaking but have read (on here) about the two piece drive shaft causing issues. It could be the issue though.

I have twice the hp he does and my stock trans mount is doing fine. I just checked it the other day. I am also running Pfadt engine mounts, 1 piece DS, and solid subframe mounts.

Lethal2SS, get under your car with a crowbar and see if you can move the trans around and watch your mount to see how it reacts.
Good point and idea.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:41 PM   #10
LETHAL2SS

Quote:

Firefighter and blake, I have a 2011 now, 620whp, I had the vehicle up on a lift a few days ago, i could take my pointer and middle finger, push on the trans by the yoke and move it a solid 1" up and then it would slump back down, I also have a lot of movement in the shifter when I go over bumpy roads, which is why I went straight to the transmission mount.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:46 PM   #11
blake-b

Ah! You should have posted that info in your original post! I wasted SOOOOO much precious internet time trying to help.
JK

In all seriousness, glad you know what the issue is. I have spent a lot of time chasing something only to find out the real cause wasn't what I thought it was.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:50 PM   #12
LETHAL2SS

Quote:
Ah! You should have posted that info in your original post! I wasted SOOOOO much precious internet time trying to help.
JK

In all seriousness, glad you know what the issue is. I have spent a lot of time chasing something only to find out the real cause wasn't what I thought it was.
Original question stemmed from seeing what peoples honest reviews were of different mounts their running and if they are still available, i guess ill be ordering that green label and the insert tonight to try and correct the issue.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:51 PM   #13
Firefighter

Well then I guess get the updated trans mount and consider the insert. I'd still address the engine mounts in your situation.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:57 PM   #14
LETHAL2SS

Quote:
Well then I guess get the updated trans mount and consider the insert. I'd still address the engine mounts in your situation.

The cam already shakes the car so much, can't imagine what its going to be like