Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #15
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
This is probably my mother's expectation of an Impala dash. She had a few of these cars in her day.

Nice.

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System; Bear Rotors, Hawk HPS
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #16
POS Dakota

Drives: GMs and Chryslers
It looks cool. Love the mini display in the gauge cluster.
problem is...it's in an impala, and impalas haven't been col since maybe 71.

It would be nice if they made a retro impala like the camaro instead of the tard bucket it is now.
POS Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #17
POS Dakota

Drives: GMs and Chryslers
Quote:
This is probably my mother's expectation of an Impala dash. She had a few of these cars in her day.

Well, that being the case, mom is spot-on.
POS Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #18
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Quote:
I'm sure young people that grew up on video games and iphones will love it. But ..... the average Impala or Caddy buyer is how old? I can just see my 75 yr old mother absoluting hating all that and wanting her old car back.

"everyone has a Droid or an iphone"...... really? Survey your parents and grandparents on that one. I doubt - everyone - will be your findings. And many of them are new car buyers. And voice recognition? I will not talk to my car, ever.
I'd have to look it up again but the stat was something like 90% of phones are android or IOS
Old 11-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #19
Brandon_Lutz

Drives: 2012 Inferno Orange 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
the steering wheel is huge and ugly!!
I hate literally everything about the new Impala. It has an identity crisis on the exterior and the interior looks to be straight out of the 90's styling wise.

Sure the fit and materials are fantastic, but IMO it looks cheesy and outdated. Regarding the steering wheel, I was told on another GM forum that it was inspired by a particular Mercedes Benz steering wheel, which is proof that not everything MB comes up with should be emulated.

The new version of MyLink in this particular model makes the interior look even worse IMO.

Brandon_Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #20
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixCyl View Post
I'm 21 and love tech, I built my own desktop and flashed my droid. But I'd rather not have a touch screen panel on my car. Most of us have smart phones, I'm happy with a usb interface to let me control my phone from there, or bluetooth or whatever, I don't really need two smart devices.
I am 23 and I completely agree. One device is enough.
Jonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #21
thepirate

Drives: 2013 2SS
anyone have an idea if this is new software, or a whole new system. in other words, for those who have the current mylink system, will we be able to upload the new mylink software, or will it not be compatible?
Old 11-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #22
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
i'm only 18, and personally I think that they should take a closer look at what cars they put this into. Cruze, Sonic, spark, ok. Impala, Malibu, Camaro, No. Camaro drivers (i'm assuming) are buying a Camaro, because it is a modern look on an old, prestiged design basis, and for the plain power in the camaro name. I stayed away from the 2013 because of MyLink. I would rather a foot-pedal-carbeurator v8, but you can't buy one of those anymore. Definately think that they should offer the MyLink as an option, and still keep the "oldschool" concepts as standard. (sounds funny coming from a kid)

Looks pretty nice tho...

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #23
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Bring back the Wonderbar!
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #24
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
that steering wheel looks old school
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #25
_Nick_

Drives: '87 T/A, '87 IROC, '70 Grand Prix
Quote:

Ahhh, the days when real cars were made.
_Nick_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #26
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
I like it, but certain things bother me about it. I personally think Chevy needs to do what Ford did... Leave the software design to software designers! Sync is one of the best systems that I have had the chance to use. It seems nit-picky and such, but the lag that happens between commands and them actually occuring is rediculous. That is not something needed while driving. Time is warped when you're traveling 70 MPH. People need to be able to click and icon and it instantly open (think apple product).
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #27
ps2ren

Drives: Camaro SS
Google nav...... car companies please stop trying to reinvent the wheel, even apple can't beat google at its own game
Old 11-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #28
RichieSSZ28
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS & 14' Sierra Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post
i'm only 18, and personally I think that they should take a closer look at what cars they put this into. Cruze, Sonic, spark, ok. Impala, Malibu, Camaro, No. Camaro drivers (i'm assuming) are buying a Camaro, because it is a modern look on an old, prestiged design basis, and for the plain power in the camaro name. I stayed away from the 2013 because of MyLink. I would rather a foot-pedal-carbeurator v8, but you can't buy one of those anymore. Definately think that they should offer the MyLink as an option, and still keep the "oldschool" concepts as standard. (sounds funny coming from a kid)

Looks pretty nice tho...

I agree man. Most of these cars are not a daily driver. I love Iphone, Ipad and everything Apple can come up with but in a muscle car I want power and not all the technology. If anything add more to the sound system with a BOSE system. Keep the My link and added option which a daily driver I can see would love most of this. But in this type of car it's difficult to manage all that. Especially in a standard. Keep it simple and enjoy the wknds. That's what I use mine for. I'm 32 and have had my car almost 3 yrs with 17K miles. I play Red Hot Chilli Peppers when I ride out!! LOL!
SLP 1-3/4" LT Headers, 3" High flow cats,MGW short throw shifter with Orange SS, Magnaflow 2.5" Street series aggressive full system exhaust with 4" Tips, MGW Short throw shifter, K&N CAI, SLP 160 thermostat, Diablo Sport Tune by SLP, Sinister Street scene Package, Custom Two Tone paint scheme(Pearl black and Inferno Orange) by Owens Customizing, Two tone Engine cover, 22" Gianelle Cuba 10 matte black with ball cut details, Vredestein SUV assanta tires 265/35 and 315/30.
RichieSSZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote