Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-11-2015, 01:55 PM   #85
Pushrod Pete

Drives: Camaro 1LE
I love the 5th gen. I just wanted a smaller, lighter and faster version. Sounds like I'll
Love the 6th gen.
Pushrod Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:09 PM   #86
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushrod Pete View Post
I love the 5th gen. I just wanted a smaller, lighter and faster version. Sounds like I'll
Love the 6th gen.
YUP!!!!

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:13 PM   #87
GM-ACE
Old school tech

Drives: Ruby 1LE - 2024 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I agree with the above. I don't think it would be as much an "issue" if they weren't call it a new Generation. But they are calling it that and rightfully so....

All new platform, new power-plants, new interior,....certainly warrants being called a new Generation. But exterior styling, the most noticeable factor, should be new as well...I hope it stands out as different, very different, from the 5th gen.
I couldn't agree more.
Ordered: 6/15/23 Accepted: 7/5/23
3000 - 7/5 ---> 3100 - 7/19
3300 - 7/20 --> 3400 - 7/20 -->TPW - 8/7
4300 - 8/14 --->4B00 - 9/5
DELIVERED 9/20!!
GM-ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:34 PM   #88
nikeair042
VENOM

Drives: Pontiac G8
The rear tail lights are going to be the #1 thing for me. I loved the first batch of 5th gen's, but the "update" to the rear just didn't do it for me, really didn't like it. And so far, we all basically know what the front looks like but the rear is going to be interesting. I have a feeling I'm not going to like the tail lamps.
Appearance Mods: Red painted calipers, 20% Rear Tint, 35% Side Tint, front side marker tint, G8 GT Visor decals, V8 Badge, L76 oil cap, Roto-Fab Radiator cover, G8 GT Badge, shorty antenna, CF intake tube, CF plenum cover, GXP rear diffuser, red/black shifter, SLP black spoiler, gloss black roof
Performance Mods: Roto-Fab intake, Borla Cat-Back exhaust, hood-vent mod, VMS Tune, 160*, SLP LT headers, Camaro brembo's and rotors, BMR suspension parts, Eibach springs
nikeair042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:46 PM   #89
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
Of all the 2010-2016 Camaro grills, I still like my 2011 factory ordered Heritage Grill the best!!
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:21 PM   #90
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Here's a question, does anyone know, or have an idea, what they mean about the small "spats" forward of the front tires? The wording seems odd, for one. Openings for air to cool the front brakes, maybe? Or a different shape to help with airflow in a different way?
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:23 PM   #91
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
Here's a question, does anyone know, or have an idea, what they mean about the small "spats" forward of the front tires? The wording seems odd, for one. Openings for air to cool the front brakes, maybe? Or a different shape to help with airflow in a different way?

You see that little plastic doohickey that looks like a mini mudflap in front of the rear tire? That's what they're talking about.

I assume Camaro's will be more similar to Impala's though.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:35 PM   #92
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I remember when first saw the pictures of the 2006 Camaro Concept. I was looking around online for coverage of the Detroit Autoshow. On the page was a pic of the concept, and I simply stared at it. I don't remember there being any caption or headline saying that it was a new Camaro. But I quickly realized what it was, based on that one image. To me, that is how it should be with a new generation of a car.

With the 6th gen, it is still clearly a Camaro. But every detail that we've seen thus far is different. The shape of the windows, the body lines, the grill, the trunk, the hood ... all of it. Similar? Yes, but thats what lets you recognize it as a Camaro.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:41 PM   #93
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

You see that little plastic doohickey that looks like a mini mudflap in front of the rear tire? That's what they're talking about.

I assume Camaro's will be more similar to Impala's though.

Ah, thank you!
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:14 PM   #94
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
My God...so much whining in this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcamaro1 View Post
I love the 5th generation, so a 5th generation with a upgraded interior wouldnt disappoint me. What IS disappointing is all the HYPE for the new car if its just a reskinned 5th generation.
"just a reskinnned 5th generation" Where is the fail button???

Sure...just a reskinned 5th gen.

Oh by the way, it has a new chassis, new engine, new drivetrain, new suspension, new interior, and an "evolved" skin. Yep...just reskinned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxWittles View Post
Lol wouldn't it be a safer bet to say "the 6th gen looks too much like a 5th gen" AFTER you actually SEE the car? Just sayin' lol. I may be in the minority here but I personally don't mind the "evolutionary" step forward. I absolutely fell in love with the 5th gen when it was first revealed and it only got worse once I saw my first 2SS in person. When I was in the position to purchase one I just couldn't get over the weight of the zeta platform. Yes the 1LE helped out tremendously but it was still on the heavy side. Now with the 6th gen being "at least 200 lbs lighter" I can safely say that I will be taking that plunge into a new Camaro (unless there is something that puts me completely off come reveal time). I dunno, maybe I'm just lol

BTW on the subject on the new Mustang, I actually like the 11-14 better (looks wise) but feel the new s550 isn't a bad design. Anyway rant over
I'm right there with you.

I just don't get all the complaining, about a car you haven't fully seen, or understand yet. Do you guys realize how many other brands/models out there change very little from generation to generation? I don't hear anyone complaining right now about BMW...or Porsche. Do you guys also feel that the evolution from the C5 to the C6 to the C7 Corvette wasn't enough of a change? Are you guys happy for Mustang that it was basically the evolution of the 14 Mustang with a Fusion front end? Is that what you want?

Give me a break.

I can feel for you guys that don't care for looks of the 5th gen at all, and wanted something completely different b/c you honestly can't stand the look of the 5th gen. The rest of you...just get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushrod Pete View Post
Love the 6th gen.
Exactly. I've been saying for years I'd love the 5th gen even more if it was just a hair smaller and lighter. BINGO!
Old 05-11-2015, 04:26 PM   #95
terri_Lovehands

Drives: 2016 1LT RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

Exactly. I've been saying for years I'd love the 5th gen even more if it was just a hair smaller and lighter. BINGO!
I never had the opportunity to own a 5th gen but its always been my favorite car and i would stop and stare whenever one passes by, and so i appreciate that with the 6th gen i finally have the opportunity to own essentially a better version with the styling i love.
terri_Lovehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:34 PM   #96
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
There sure are a lot of people hating on the Bowtie, it is one of America's most famous icons. That's just my opinion, I also like the gold as well.
It looks ok on the back of my Silverado, kinda utility like.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:38 PM   #97

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
My God...so much whining in this thread!

"just a reskinnned 5th generation" Where is the fail button???

Sure...just a reskinned 5th gen.

Oh by the way, it has a new chassis, new engine, new drivetrain, new suspension, new interior, and an "evolved" skin. Yep...just reskinned.

I'm right there with you.

I just don't get all the complaining, about a car you haven't fully seen, or understand yet. Do you guys realize how many other brands/models out there change very little from generation to generation? I don't hear anyone complaining right now about BMW...or Porsche. Do you guys also feel that the evolution from the C5 to the C6 to the C7 Corvette wasn't enough of a change? Are you guys happy for Mustang that it was basically the evolution of the 14 Mustang with a Fusion front end? Is that what you want?

Give me a break.

I can feel for you guys that don't care for looks of the 5th gen at all, and wanted something completely different b/c you honestly can't stand the look of the 5th gen. The rest of you...just get over it.

I don't get how you can suggest people get over that it will look like a 5thGen, when you and several others are hoping and glad it does look like a 5th gen, only you wanted it lighter.

Most everyone here loves the Camaro...old, new, 5thGen, whatever....but a lot of us are looking for something in the 6th gen different in the styling other than what we have owned or seen for the last six years or so....My guess is that there are more potential buyers out there who want a new look, as they have seen and had the opportunity to get this one for many years.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:39 PM   #98
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I could take the time, but I won't, to go concept by concept.

Needless to say most if not all "concept art from GM Design Staff are not manufacturable.

When you put real world requirements, packaging and physics theses all become much more conventional looking.
That's why I used terms like: "toned down", "has promise", "like these" when referring to these concepts.
I know perfectly well that they are not manufacturable as rendered/modeled.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote