Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-24-2014, 10:21 PM   #1
Matt Rogers

Drives: Silver 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Bought Camaro 6-18, still no idea how long until I can have it

Guys, I'm looking for some information - any information about when dealerships will be getting the new key/fob or whatever parts necessary for this fix... Here's my story:

I had a 6-month old SIM 2SS/RS with beautiful Titanium leather interior.. Just decked out how I loved it. It was smashed by someone failing to stop at a stop sign. Thankfully everyone is not hurt - so down to business, car gets totalled and GAP insurance, etc. all paid it off. I go to the dealership to purchase the black '14 1LE they got sitting there. Mind you, my girlfriend has been purchasing cars from them for 20 years and just bought one earlier this year so she knows the people who work there pretty well and they are super nice people.

Well, I was just done with the salesman and finance guy and when they were about to get the car off the showroom floor, my salesman came out with his head down and said "I'm sorry but you can't have the car today. Unfortunately we need to wait until GM gets us the parts for you to take it home." This was last Wednesday 6/18/2014. I've never been the guy to nag, but I really want my Camaro.

He asked me if I wanted a loaner car, but I told him that is completely unnecessary because I have a daily driver and would only be a waste of space and time and just an extra hassle for both the dealership and myself.

So..........

The latest I found was that GM was supposed to be sending the new parts to dealerships - express like - starting 6/23/2014. My dealership still right now says they have no clue when they will be able to get them because they haven't been able to order them... And that doesn't make sense to me.

At any rate, this is somewhat a rant but also a desperate cry out there for anyone with any information. Heck, I'd live to know if anyone else is experiencing this too. I haven't found anything on searches yet. Also, I've called GM but they just referred me back to my dealership.

Thanks a ton in advance.
Matt Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:40 PM   #2
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
No one has a definitive answer to your question as it seems that dealers across the country are getting and giving mixed signals. The dealer I bought my car from however let me take possession of my 2014 2SS this past Saturday and simply apprised me of the open recall and said I could have it done at a local dealer when they begin doing updates or I receive a letter from GM. I paid cash but don't know if that made a difference or not because I didn't touch on anything about the recall with my sales rep. What I do know is that I got my car as did a few other that have posted up here. Hope you get yours soon.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:44 PM   #3
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
That sucks! I've heard it only takes a few days to get the keys...
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:03 PM   #4
Matt Rogers

Yeah I suppose I'm just more antsy because I already have had a couple Camaros by now, and I'm not 10 feet tall and drive with my seat rails locked to the front adjustment location... And I even told them I was really not interested in the recall anyway but they said it was mandated so maybe I just need to push more.

One of our WW5GCC members bought a car the same day from another dealer and took theirs home so that also makes me seriously question what is going on.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:04 PM   #5
mets7

Drives: 2008 Malibu
Yeah exact same situation here. Went in last Thursday the 19th and dealer told me they could sell me the car but that I couldn't actually drive it home. I don't want a loaner vehicle, I want a Camaro. They told me it could take 3-4 weeks before I could get it. However take this as a grain of salt as I called a dealer 20 miles away from this one and they told me "a couple of days". Honestly the fact that GM and its dealers have no definitive answer is starting to make me angry. I don't mind waiting, but I wish there was an approximate date or something for the stop sale to be lifted.
mets7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:07 PM   #6
Matt Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets7 View Post
Yeah exact same situation here. Went in last Thursday the 19th and dealer told me they could sell me the car but that I couldn't actually drive it home. I don't want a loaner vehicle, I want a Camaro. They told me it could take 3-4 weeks before I could get it. However take this as a grain of salt as I called a dealer 20 miles away from this one and they told me "a couple of days". Honestly the fact that GM and its dealers have no definitive answer is starting to make me angry. I don't mind waiting, but I wish there was an approximate date or something for the stop sale to be lifted.

This.... Your words are said better than mine.

Well ok I'm not alone so I don't feel like someone is trying to screw with me/financing. lol
Old 06-24-2014, 11:58 PM   #7
RobertRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Rogers View Post
This.... Your words are said better than mine.

Well ok I'm not alone so I don't feel like someone is trying to screw with me/financing. lol
Wasn't trying to play the big shot , just thinking maybe that the paper trail of a released vehicle may be longer when financing is involved. You'd have to ask the other few people that got theirs as I don't have a clue how they bought it or whether some went through GMAC.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:05 AM   #8
GMguy80

Drives: 2006 Trailblazer SS
I did my deal on Tuesday of last week, couldn't drive it home. Still don't know when I'll be able to take it. You're definitely not alone.
GMguy80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:32 AM   #9
Matt Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
Wasn't trying to play the big shot , just thinking maybe that the paper trail of a released vehicle may be longer when financing is involved. You'd have to ask the other few people that got theirs as I don't have a clue how they bought it or whether some went through GMAC.
Oh no offense taken... I agree, there could definitely be a difference when you outright pay for the car but I also have no idea.

Well... Like I keep telling everyone at GM. I work hard to have my car, and it's frustrating when it seems like anyone involved is just clueless. Ultimately the fact that GM added the Camaro to the recall is kudos-worthy but a stop-order? Really?

I work in the manufacturing industry also, so I do understand what it's like to have to scramble and how crazy it can be for a company to have an issue that creates an immediate demand on everyone, so I'm trying to be lenient and not cry about it...

But when I stop by the dealership to see if they have any updates and people are leaning against it, that sort of makes my heart hurt.

EDIT: Also... I'm assuming the dealership's personnel at this particular place likely just didn't know any better. That's purely an assumption but it's based on our past experiences with the people there.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:47 AM   #10
RobertRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Rogers View Post
Oh no offense taken... I agree, there could definitely be a difference when you outright pay for the car but I also have no idea.

Well... Like I keep telling everyone at GM. I work hard to have my car, and it's frustrating when it seems like anyone involved is just clueless. Ultimately the fact that GM added the Camaro to the recall is kudos-worthy but a stop-order? Really?

I work in the manufacturing industry also, so I do understand what it's like to have to scramble and how crazy it can be for a company to have an issue that creates an immediate demand on everyone, so I'm trying to be lenient and not cry about it...

But when I stop by the dealership to see if they have any updates and people are leaning against it, that sort of makes my heart hurt.
I feel your pain as I had already backed out of two other deals I had set my sights on when I was told I could not take delivery. The dealers were just as displeased but understood my position. I did all of my negotiations over the phone as my local dealers don't stock hardly any SS's and the ones they do stock were not to my liking. I ended up striking a deal on one 185 miles away in the exact color and trim level I was looking for. Had 5 miles on the clock, had never been test driven and was displayed on their showroom floor. I have no clue whatsoever as to the inconsistencies in information and timing involved with this recall. Hopefully it will all blow over soon and just be a bad memory. I did get mine but it was a headache switching deals and starting negotiations all over from scratch. I was ready to just say screw it and wait and order a 2015 model but ended up getting what I feel was a decent deal out the door.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:22 AM   #11
JKO

Drives: 2016 2 SS
We are in the same boat just sent a nasty gram I am at work and they are giving my wife the run around we bought it the same morning of the recall they said typically no more then 2 weeks as of right now we still have no answers , one manager said she was going to cut us a straight key the wife got excited then no call back turned into the excuse of another manager saying no to this idea. I am pretty upset we don't at least have an idea yet.
JKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:44 AM   #12
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
I would not want to be making loan payments on a car not sitting in my driveway.These dealers owe you something,not sure what,but something.....
Old 06-25-2014, 07:37 AM   #13
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
We bought ours on 6/14 and thought we were picking it up on the 16th. Still waiting. The most aggravating part of the whole mess is the lack of concrete information from GM. They dropped the ball and now they are kicking it across the lot trying to pick it up.
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:33 AM   #14
Matt Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post
We bought ours on 6/14 and thought we were picking it up on the 16th. Still waiting. The most aggravating part of the whole mess is the lack of concrete information from GM. They dropped the ball and now they are kicking it across the lot trying to pick it up.
Yeah, that's obvious to me also... Hell at this point, I wouldn't mind them just lying to me and say it'll be a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyo View Post
I would not want to be making loan payments on a car not sitting in my driveway.These dealers owe you something,not sure what,but something.....
Yeah, I asked the dealership to tint my windows. Funny thing though, since it's sitting on the showroom floor I've never seen the windows up and the rear triangle windows and rear window look already tinted. haha... GM is offering a $500 compensation for anyone who wants to buy a new vehicle (as seen here... http://media.gm.com/product/public/u...on-recall.html ) so I do also agree that I shouldn't be left out because this was in fact not something I was even warned about.

Either way... From the post here http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365408 the fix seems so stupid and simple that the parts should be pretty readily available to the 34,000 inventoried vehicles while they continue production for the other 478,000 already purchased vehicles that most people would likely not even want the fix for anyway.

Tags
camaro, recall, undeliverable