Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #99
tom97ss

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
I haven't been warned in a while, so here goes.......

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU SPOILED BRATS?????

You don't like the new Z/28? FINE! Just quit bitching!

Go back and read what a lot of the old-timers, that knew what a Z/28 was, have been saying what a 5th gen car should be....... GM NAILED IT!

You bitch because it doesn't have A/C... really? Get the friggin A/C option! sheesh.

You bitch because it doesn't have a radio.... TOUGH! Go buy a honda and fill the back seat with 12's and amps, or whatever you kids are doing nowadays.

You bitch because it's going to be expensive..... It has a LS7 with the dry sump system intact! It also has the drivetrain to handle that power all.day.long.

It has brakes that are only found on high dollar exotics! I'm amazed they did that, very cool!

It has high dollar Recaro's that will keep you comfy while you're pulling hard G's thru the corners... SWEET!

This car has all the bells and whistles a Z/28 needs, without all the fluff it doesn't.

WELL DONE GM!!!

I've read most all of the Z/28 posts... for a few years now... I'm really disappointed that the younger generation doesn't even know what the car is.
tom97ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #100
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)

Drives: 2014 C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
+1
+2

fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #101
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
After reading a few posts - I simply came here to respond to a couple of them because I realized that too many people don't understand what the original intent of the Z/28 really was.......:

go back and read the history of WHY the Z28 was introduced in the first place.

Don't 'guess' and don't try to 'interpret' - because some of us were actually around back then! (I didn't mean that as a shot -- but.......)

Tidbit: the 1967 Z28 didn't have Z28 anywhere on the car - it was simply an option code (RPO) that essentially said: "This is the car we're building to compete in SCCA's Trans Am racing series. All others beware!" It was not meant to be a daily driver - and this new Z/28 is not meant to be a daily driver. it will "separate the men from the boys" so to speak....... If you want comfort -- this is not the car for you.....

We stayed true to the original intent. Want a stereo radio? Go buy a ZL1 or a
1LE or an SS and make mods.

The Z/28 is essentially a race car.

Sorry that some of you don't like that.....but we have to make hard decisions and I stand behind this Z/28 'til the cows come home.

I don't like to be this abrupt - but I'm operating on very little sleep - it's been a long week -- and frankly my patience is running a bit thin with people who don't understand what a Z/28 really is meant to be........

(....oh - and for those of you who are nay-sayers? I wish you could have heard the remarks about the new Z/28 - people at the unveil were blown away.......)
This is the real Z28 the way it had to be, so thank you all for the car, this is the way Z/28 was meant to be, to the members that say we Want a stereo radio in the Z/28 , you have the best stereo of all, its called a LS7 did you not hear it on the video.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #102
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
I think for the most part , people could care less about the AC and stereo (I know I don't care). People are a little miffed because this thing is going to cost $70-75k (speculation based on GM saying this will be at the apex of the Camaro Tier). People have been clammering since 2010 for a Z-28 and now GM builds a $75k, LIMITED PRODUCTION, track car? Don't get me wrong, it's bad ass, but why a limited numbers car? It should come as a $45k base with options for all the bells and whistles.
..... and that's what I don't understand.....

Not since 1969 has GM been so true to the heritage of the Z/28... the 70's, 80's and 90's cars were watered down versions. The new car is a 69 Z/28 with 2014 technology. (or close enough)

Check out the MSRP's from 1969
Old 03-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #103
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Thumbs up

Quote:
I haven't been warned in a while, so here goes.......

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU SPOILED BRATS?????

You don't like the new Z/28? FINE! Just quit bitching!

Go back and read what a lot of the old-timers, that knew what a Z/28 was, have been saying what a 5th gen car should be....... GM NAILED IT!

You bitch because it doesn't have A/C... really? Get the friggin A/C option! sheesh.

You bitch because it doesn't have a radio.... TOUGH! Go buy a honda and fill the back seat with 12's and amps, or whatever you kids are doing nowadays.

You bitch because it's going to be expensive..... It has a LS7 with the dry sump system intact! It also has the drivetrain to handle that power all.day.long.

It has brakes that are only found on high dollar exotics! I'm amazed they did that, very cool!

It has high dollar Recaro's that will keep you comfy while you're pulling hard G's thru the corners... SWEET!

This car has all the bells and whistles a Z/28 needs, without all the fluff it doesn't.

WELL DONE GM!!!

I've read most all of the Z/28 posts... for a few years now... I'm really disappointed that the younger generation doesn't even know what the car is.

+10000

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #104
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
This makes me laugh....Some people wanted a true track/race car..Well now you have it. And your complaining..Let me say this. If you want a track car with all the options go get a 1LE. This car was built for the track plan and simple. Alot of people wanted a true race car and now you have it.

And to the person that said keep under 40 with an LS7 what are you smoking because I want some of it. The motor alone is 15k.

Think before you post on how they missed the mark. The team did a great job on the car. This car isn't for everyone and they knew that going in.

Until you really understand what is involved on getting a new car to market then don't put your 2 cents in. It costs more to have a car without a/c then to have one with.
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #105
ToolFan66

GM has covered every hole with the 5th gen and people are crying about the Z/28

Everything you guys are crying about is in the ZL1 buy that and be happy..

If this is about the Z/28 badge buy them and put them on your car and be that guy...

And as far as missing the boat? HAHA GM will sell everyone of them and the list will be long for the wait for one..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
Old 03-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #106
ToolFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th02ss View Post
This makes me laugh....Some people wanted a true track/race car..Well now you have it. And your complaining..Let me say this. If you want a track car with all the options go get a 1LE. This car was built for the track plan and simple. Alot of people wanted a true race car and now you have it.

And to the person that said keep under 40 with an LS7 what are you smoking because I want some of it. The motor alone is 15k.

Think before you post on how they missed the mark. The team did a great job on the car. This car isn't for everyone and they knew that going in.

Until you really understand what is involved on getting a new car to market then don't put your 2 cents in. It costs more to have a car without a/c then to have one with.

Agreed.. We live in the give me what I want for nothing generation..

These guys need to learn how to get their learn on and edumacate themselfs..

Old 03-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #107
billjw

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
The fenders are acid dipped aluminum they made the car very light weight. Scott told those of us lucky enough to be at the unveiling all about it. I over heard an engineer say it was 3seconds faster on the track then the zl1
billjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #108
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th02ss View Post

Why should people be thankful for a car they can't afford? People wanted a Z/28 so they could buy one. You didn't think people wanted a Z/28 so they could just talk about how fast it is? I just don't see how people here need to be attacked for wishing they had a shot in hell of buying a Z/28. Seems elitist to me.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:53 AM   #109
KSCamaro

Drives: Still Looking
Quote:
..... and that's what I don't understand.....

Not since 1969 has GM been so true to the heritage of the Z/28... the 70's, 80's and 90's cars were watered down versions. The new car is a 69 Z/28 with 2014 technology. (or close enough)

Check out the MSRP's from 1969
"true to the heritage"

http://www.oldride.com/library/1969_...et_camaro.html

You tell people to "shut up" and that they are "borderline trolling", well you DEFINITELY are. This forum is for people to express their opinions, just because you don't agree, doesn't make anyone else wrong.
I think there are folks that were just blindsided by this. If you were saving and waiting for a Z/28 and then find out it's just a track car it's a bit of a disappointment. There's no point in even discussing the price.

I'm not a fan of Mustangs and could stand to get a new car. I was waiting for this announcement for 2 years. If you're happy with this version of the Z/28, good for you.
If I feel like GM just took the Z/28 badge and threw it in the mud, that's my opinion.
I'm not happy about it at all. There's nothing I can do about it, I just have to find another vehicle that CAN be a daily driver.
KSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #110
ToolFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
Why should people be thankful for a car they can't afford? People wanted a Z/28 so they could buy one. You didn't think people wanted a Z/28 so they could just talk about how fast it is? I just don't people here need to be attacked for wishing they had a shot in hell of buying a Z/28. Seems elitist to me.

Again!!! It would not be a true Z/28!!! You guys are looking at the badge name not what the car is and should be and is..

All the other models have what you guys want and wish to have except the badge..

Old 03-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #111
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
Why should people be thankful for a car they can't afford? People wanted a Z/28 so they could buy one. You didn't think people wanted a Z/28 so they could just talk about how fast it is? I just don't see how people here need to be attacked for wishing they had a shot in hell of buying a Z/28. Seems elitist to me.

THANK YOU!! WELL SAID!!
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #112
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
Again!!! It would not be a true Z/28!!! You guys are looking at the badge name not what the car is and should be and is..

All the other models have what you guys want and wish to have except the badge..
I am happy that you are happy and may be able to go out and get one...the rest of us 99% will just have to read about them in magazines and then it will piss us off more because we will be reminded that we can't get one!
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote