Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #113
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1265
Got a price by me for the xpel I was told $900. Might have to save a few more pennies for that. Is there a difference in quality between Xpel and 3m? or is it the same stuff?
Oneslowz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:45 AM   #114
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
Got a price by me for the xpel I was told $900. Might have to save a few more pennies for that. Is there a difference in quality between Xpel and 3m? or is it the same stuff?
The Xpel has a self-healing quality to it as opposed to the 3M which doesn't make that claim. I would check out both websites and determine which would be a better fit for you.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:54 PM   #115
matt

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs
zl1 wheels

I painted my 1 on the rims red too
matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #116
carrs_crew
Livin the Dream

Drives: sold
Ordered, can't wait
carrs_crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #117
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrs_crew View Post
Ordered, can't wait
Thank you
Old 05-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #118
carrs_crew
Livin the Dream

Drives: sold
Like them!

Great product, just what the car needed!!
Attached Images

carrs_crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #119
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Glad you like them.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #120
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Dang, I wish they were a little cheaper so I could get a pair. Does anyone know if these will fit on my SS with ZL-1 side skirts?
Old 05-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #121
crustychev

Drives: 2013 ZL1,1972 Dart, 1947 Willys
I received and installed my rock guards a couple weeks ago. What a great product at a great price. Not sure why you would want to spend more on a competitive product. I understand these are marginally thinner than others out there which was a real plus since I installed mine using the 3M tape. The thickness allowed them to form around the wheel well lip and I believe they would be less prone to straighten out and pull away. They have been on for two weeks without the clips and holding fast. Very pleased with the product.
crustychev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #122
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
I paid $1200 to have the entire front bumper, headlights, DRL's, fog lights, front half of fenders, hood to second extractor hood opening, A-Pillars, side mirrors, roof past the the moon roof and the top of rear bumper at trunk opening with Xpel. The Xpel has a 10 warranty for total replacement and is self curing. The technician took a brass brush to a piece of Xpel and scratched it up pretty good. Then he took a heat gun to the scratched piece and the damaged piece turned completely clear without any evidence that that it was ever damaged. He explained that the heat from the sun would 'heal' any knicks or cuts from debris to the material.You cannot tell it is on the car from 5' away. Expensive, but cheaper than a paint job. I track my car and so far no damage to the clear bra. I sent you a PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:27 AM   #123
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
Dang, I wish they were a little cheaper so I could get a pair. Does anyone know if these will fit on my SS with ZL-1 side skirts?
Yes they should fit what you are describing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crustychev View Post
I received and installed my rock guards a couple weeks ago. What a great product at a great price. Not sure why you would want to spend more on a competitive product. I understand these are marginally thinner than others out there which was a real plus since I installed mine using the 3M tape. The thickness allowed them to form around the wheel well lip and I believe they would be less prone to straighten out and pull away. They have been on for two weeks without the clips and holding fast. Very pleased with the product.
Thank you for the pictures and feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
I paid $1200 to have the entire front bumper, headlights, DRL's, fog lights, front half of fenders, hood to second extractor hood opening, A-Pillars, side mirrors, roof past the the moon roof and the top of rear bumper at trunk opening with Xpel. The Xpel has a 10 warranty for total replacement and is self curing. The technician took a brass brush to a piece of Xpel and scratched it up pretty good. Then he took a heat gun to the scratched piece and the damaged piece turned completely clear without any evidence that that it was ever damaged. He explained that the heat from the sun would 'heal' any knicks or cuts from debris to the material.You cannot tell it is on the car from 5' away. Expensive, but cheaper than a paint job. I track my car and so far no damage to the clear bra. I sent you a PM.
Sounds like you pretty much wrapped the car lol. Its amazing with technology what can be made. Can you polish and wax this stuff the same way as paint?
Old 05-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #124
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
You can polish wax etc. the Xpel just as if it was not even on the car. That was the first thing that I asked my installer. The only downside to it, or any clear bra, that I see is making sure you get all the polish/wax off the edges. So you don't have the white lines where it stops. I just consider it that I get more quality time with my girl.
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #125
Zikma

Drives: ZL1 2012 # 721; 2013 Tahoe Z71
I ordered a set last night.
Spent the weekend detailing and touching up rock chips in the gills.
Roto-fab will be here Wed...and calling for rain all week so good time to get both the guards and the CAI installed.
Zikma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #126
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zikma View Post
I ordered a set last night.
Spent the weekend detailing and touching up rock chips in the gills.
Roto-fab will be here Wed...and calling for rain all week so good time to get both the guards and the CAI installed.

Sounds like you have your week planned out. Post some pictures when you get everything done.