Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
RJsCamaro

Drives: 2011 1SS,RS Camaro M6
Pfadt'd by Vengeance!!!

I just got my PFADT 1.25 inch lowering springs done by Vengeance and couldn't be happier! Handling improved much over stock and the ride quality is still fantastic. Vengeance did a great job, the only thing I wish I would have done at the same time is the sport sway bars. Big thanks to PFADT and all of the guys up at Vengeance!

PS: I still have a little room to settle some more.

RJsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
RJsCamaro

Here was stock! The car should come from the factory lower IMO!

Old 01-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
stb3222

Drives: 2010 2SS
Sweet, now that's how it should look.
stb3222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Looking much better with the drop! Ron and Kevin at Vengeance are great guys to work with.

Keep up the good work... maybe sway bars are on the horizon!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
RJsCamaro

Oh trust me, they are. Hopefully the rear arm package and the solid subframe mount as well, if I can fork out the money for that.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
ss/rssleeper

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2
trust me. You are going to need the solid subframe bushings. They installed my coilovers and sway bars and handles like it was on rails for a while. Now it feels like the subframe is completely disconnected from the body and violently shifts to the right. My Alignment guy called Pfadt and they recommended the bushings and said that this is a common problem with the Gen5 Camaros. It would have been nice to know that when i bought the coilovers. i would have done it all in one shot. The bushings shipped today so i should have the results next week. I'll update with the results.
ss/rssleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #7
NYJETSFAN
El Hefe

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Looks good. Nice wheels.
NYJETSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #8
PfadtRacing

Hey again. I hope you got our response in the previous thread about your pull with coilovers ss/rssleeper. You mention here that when the car came from the shop the car felt great, and now it's recently been giving you troubles. That speaks volumes that something has changed in the suspension since it came out of the shop. There isn't a reason why the car would feel great, and then suddenly start giving you fits out of the blue. We sent a list of things for your shop to troubleshoot, but my gut feeling is there is something loose or there is an alignment issue.

You don't need to have subframe mounts installed for the coilovers to function properly, but you will get the best performance that way. Something in the suspension has changed since it was installed if it was working one afternoon and now it's pulling. It's time for your shop to accurately diagnose the issue and get it resolved, if they're having issues we do have a great shop in your area who will be able to diagnose the issue. Keep us in the loop and we will do our best to make sure you're car is performing the best it can!
Old 01-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #9
Kevin@V

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Thrilled to see another HAPPY CUSTOMER! Thanks for all the kind words guys! Let me know when you wanna look into taking it further!
Kevin@V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #10
RJsCamaro

Thanks for the input, and I will definitely keep you posted Kevin. I want to add some headers soon so y'all will definitely be the ones I go to. The springs are still holding up great and handling has been increased noticeably.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #11
Kevin@V

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Yes sir! Glad to hear that its working out so well for you.
Kevin@V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #12
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJsCamaro View Post
Thanks for the input, and I will definitely keep you posted Kevin. I want to add some headers soon so y'all will definitely be the ones I go to. The springs are still holding up great and handling has been increased noticeably.
Time to change your signature man! You're no longer sporting just the drop springs!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #13
ss/rssleeper

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2
Thanks for the response. Ron and his guys did a great job on the install. i can't be 100% sure that it wasn't doing this right after the install. the drive home was all highway and not to many curves. I did have a thought that it might be that the left bushing had split from an accident earlier and it finally split enough for it to handle the way it is now. Ron mentioned that the bushing may have split from the inside so that confirms my thought. Hopefully that is the case and the bushing resolve the issue and it will handle even better with the added stability.

It did concern me that the tech that has been working with my alignment guy (Holden Automotive) told Mike that it was common after installing the coilovers. If that was the case i would definitely think that the bushings would be sold with the coilovers as a kit or at least highly recommended.

The bushings will arrive Tuesday so i will post an update on the results. I just hope i don't run into the same issue with other OEM bushings. After the bushings are replaced i will have Pfadt coilovers and adjustable sways. Has anyone had any issue with other bushings wearing/failing prematurely?
ss/rssleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #14
PfadtRacing

Brandon, thanks for taking part of our Camaro5 Booster Club today by emailing me. We appreciate the support!