Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-19-2016, 03:11 PM   #463
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
If anything a tin foil hat will surely void the electronics warranty of the car.
It's a chance I'm willing to take. I have it wrapped around my Onstar receiver so Onstar can't hear me talk about my mods and report it to GM
Old 05-19-2016, 03:27 PM   #464
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
If anything a tin foil hat will surely void the electronics warranty of the car.
But I feel safer...So I can't feel safer with this mod? Didn't think it would affect the warranty?
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2016, 04:54 PM   #465
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Well, it's apparent that one of two things will come of this; either the collective group will demonstrate some real solidarity in their loyalty and conviction to GM products - and support reasonable modding as it relates to warranty or...we'll be summarily dismissed as a bunch of social media nutburgers. Either way, count me in!
Old 05-19-2016, 06:15 PM   #466
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Well, it's apparent that one of two things will come of this; either the collective group will demonstrate some real solidarity in their loyalty and conviction to GM products - and support reasonable modding as it relates to warranty or...we'll be summarily dismissed as a bunch of social media nutburgers. Either way, count me in!
Nutburgers Unite!

Sign the petition:

https://www.change.org/p/alicia-bole...their-warranty
Old 05-19-2016, 06:20 PM   #467
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
GM catch can coming soon, $695

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:49 PM   #468
Moto-Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
GM catch can coming soon, $695

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
*extended warranty - a Dream Team and a $15K deposit!
Old 05-19-2016, 06:54 PM   #469
Moto-Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Nutburgers Unite!

Sign the petition:

https://www.change.org/p/alicia-bole...their-warranty
I hereby move to put, El Duderino (aka, Mr Stacy) in Grand Pubah capacity to unite and govern all Nutburgers, new and alum.

"This aggression will not stand, man!"
Old 05-19-2016, 09:35 PM   #470
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I hereby move to put, El Duderino (aka, Mr Stacy) in Grand Pubah capacity to unite and govern all Nutburgers, new and alum.

"This aggression will not stand, man!"
Yes, I love my Camaro, but this warranty stuff is harshing my buzz...
Old 05-20-2016, 09:32 PM   #471
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
I was wondering, how many of us have installed the "skip shift" mod, and are still under
warranty? I hope you don't have any problems with your powertrain!!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:42 PM   #472
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
I didn't care to read the entire thread.

The tech was in the wrong, he didn't know what he was looking at and got excited about making a few extra dollars. Warranty time sucks and he wanted some more money. I have not personally voided a warranty over a modification that I couldn't prove caused the problem. I have however voided a warranty over the idiot customer believing the b.s. from amsoil and changing his oil filter way over mileage and never changing the actual oil( why would you think it was a sound investment to save a dollar at the cost of a hundred dollars?) Needless to say GM should have stepped up and corrected the mistake. Even if it was a 50/50 split. Bottom line is, you run the risk of getting a warranty voided any time you modify the vehicle and that's something you have to accept when you modify it, period. Warranty means a lot to me being as I paid for it in the purchase of the vehicle, so until it's up I don't give any reason to deny it. Now where's my stick, I'd like to take a whack at the dead horse if it's OK.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:07 AM   #473
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
I didn't care to read the entire thread.

The tech was in the wrong, he didn't know what he was looking at and got excited about making a few extra dollars. Warranty time sucks and he wanted some more money. I have not personally voided a warranty over a modification that I couldn't prove caused the problem. I have however voided a warranty over the idiot customer believing the b.s. from amsoil and changing his oil filter way over mileage and never changing the actual oil( why would you think it was a sound investment to save a dollar at the cost of a hundred dollars?) Needless to say GM should have stepped up and corrected the mistake. Even if it was a 50/50 split. Bottom line is, you run the risk of getting a warranty voided any time you modify the vehicle and that's something you have to accept when you modify it, period. Warranty means a lot to me being as I paid for it in the purchase of the vehicle, so until it's up I don't give any reason to deny it. Now where's my stick, I'd like to take a whack at the dead horse if it's OK.
It sounds to me like you have not put your foil helmet on. Where, I ask you good sir, is the conspiracy theory in your post? Not a single mention of GM secretly spying on all of us, nothing about da man keeping us down, nothing about you buying a Kia to stick it to GM, nothing about going to Camarofest and burning your Camaro and your bra in protest. You know what I think? You're just a GM plant sent here to silence us. Not on this forum good sir, you won't silence us here. I will not have you and your rich GM friends deny my warranty because I stuck on awesome chrome fender vents I bought with my hard earned money from Autozone. Take that back to your bosses.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:23 AM   #474
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Hmm reading this thread kind of makes you wonder about why GM might consider Catch Cans a problem....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=453272
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:34 AM   #475
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
It sounds to me like you have not put your foil helmet on. Where, I ask you good sir, is the conspiracy theory in your post? Not a single mention of GM secretly spying on all of us, nothing about da man keeping us down, nothing about you buying a Kia to stick it to GM, nothing about going to Camarofest and burning your Camaro and your bra in protest. You know what I think? You're just a GM plant sent here to silence us. Not on this forum good sir, you won't silence us here. I will not have you and your rich GM friends deny my warranty because I stuck on awesome chrome fender vents I bought with my hard earned money from Autozone. Take that back to your bosses.
*Warranty voided*
We are tracking you
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:38 PM   #476
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
I feel bad for superman and this situation.

The problem though is from the dealership the vehicle was taken to. Instead of just replacing the oil pump, they sent these pic's to GM, and because an aftermarket part was added, they void the warranty.

I'm not defending GM, as anyone who knows anything about what a catch can does knows it's impossible for it to cause the oil pump to fail.

It's been a well documented issue of the oil pumps going bad on the LS3.

I am not saying that all dealers would do it, some, like the one the he went to, would try to find a way out of it. You didn't buy the car from them, they have no interest in you as a customer, because you haven't bought anything from them.

Is this a good way to do business? No, but unfortunately that's how it's done in many cases. This same dealership has another person come in with the same issue, but they have bought 2 cars from them, one of their relatives has also bought 2, and they referred a few friends as well.

Do you think they will say their oil pump is bad because of a catch can? Of course not, they are going to fix it because they value this customer over someone who just has a GM vehicle that needs warranty work.

If anything can be learned from this, take your car to the dealership you bought it from for warranty work.

In his case where clearly the oil pump was bad, I would believe most dealerships that sold the car, would do the work no questions asked, if the only mods are a cold air intake and a catch can.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote