Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
Amanda
Givin em hell since 87'

Drives: 2011 SW 1SS M6
My first new car

I was 5 years old the first time I rode in a Camaro. I remember thinking it was the coolest car I had ever seen. I have always been attracted to fast cars, even since I was small. I would go to car shows every summer with my dad, I still do to this day. When I got closer to driving age, it was my dream... more like an obsession... to have a camaro. Instead of barbies and baby dolls I had toy cars and nascar posters in my bedroom... I was somewhat of a tom boy I admit. On my 16th birthday I got the biggest letdown of my life. A neighbor pulled up in his new (to him) 3rd gen iroc. I hoped and hoped it was for me!!! But it wasnt. (I wound up with a rusty, green pontiac parisienne older than dust). I remember crunching numbers around the time I turned 18, trying to see if I could get a loan for a used 4th gen. Another let down, no credit, no cosigner = no camaro. I wound up with a 99 merc mystique, reliable car but no balls! After some college I tried again. 20, decent credit, but the 5th gen wasnt released yet. I would be disowned if I ever owned a ford product so the pisstang wasnt an option. After being rejected for a loan on a Chally RT I settled for a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Convertable. FUN car, quick enough for me at the time, but it didnt have a backseat or much of a trunk. It was an automatic, and couldnt quite spin the tires unless it was cold out or the pavement was wet. I drove the crap out of that little crossfire, but this summer it was time for me to upgrade.

This April I stopped at a dealership, test drove a few v6 camaros and rode along in a v8 m6 (I couldnt drive stick at the time). I fell in love. I went to my bank, got a pre approval, but didnt want the monthly payments that came with the 2ss rs that everyone had in stock. After dealing with a few real A** hole dealers, my dad introduced me to his friend at a dealership a few towns over. Another let down. I couldnt order a new 2010 1ss m6 (hard to find in my area, everyone had the v6s or 2ss rs) because the plant was switching over to the 2011s. I couldnt order a 2011 because we didnt know if there were any price increases (pricing was not released on the 2011s). So I had to wait. I know some of you had to wait several months for your babys, but it especially hard to wait after I had finally secured financing. I was finally able to place my order in the beggining of june, and I figured I would have my car by August.

Camarotracking.com was a big help to me, my car was built alot sooner than I thought it would be. She was born on june 28th, and finally delivered to me on July 16th. I managed to practice driving stick in an old neon during the few weeks before I got my baby, I didnt kill it (thankfully!) while I drove it out of the service dept or on my way home. (although I have killed it a handfull of times since) I cant describe the feeling I had driving it home that day. It was amazing. I have had her for almost a week now. I havent stopped smiling since. The only downside to having my dream car is that the only fun part of my weekend plans is the drive to get there! I am the happiest 22 yr old alive right now I have alot of learning to do as far as driving a car like this goes, but I am getting around good so far. I even did my first burn out yesterday! Although im going to keep that to a minimum to save the tires hahah.

Sorry for the long read, just wanted to share my story and excitement!!!

Amanda
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
jackka

Drives: 2011 Black/Black 2LT/RS M6 w/Sroof
good to see you've found "The One" lol

Enjoy
jackka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Great write up! Enjoy her, you deserve it!
Congrats!!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #4
Joe in T.O.

Drives: 1970 GTO Ragtop
Congratulations! You have proven that dreams do come true!
Joe in T.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
Chris-10

Drives: 2ss/rs vr 6m
congrats & enjoy your new ride
Old 07-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #6
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Awesome!!!! Enjoy
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:42 PM   #7
timcat4843

Drives: 2008 Corvette Coupe
timcat4843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #8
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
congrats! sounds like you went through a lot to get to where you are now to be able to not only buy your dream car, but do it on your own. that's impressive. please post pics when you can, i'm sure others outside of myself would like to get a look at "her"
Old 07-24-2010, 12:57 PM   #9
Zona Stu

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
I was 5 years old the first time I rode in a Camaro. I remember thinking it was the coolest car I had ever seen. I have always been attracted to fast cars, even since I was small. I would go to car shows every summer with my dad, I still do to this day. When I got closer to driving age, it was my dream... more like an obsession... to have a camaro. Instead of barbies and baby dolls I had toy cars and nascar posters in my bedroom... I was somewhat of a tom boy I admit. On my 16th birthday I got the biggest letdown of my life. A neighbor pulled up in his new (to him) 3rd gen iroc. I hoped and hoped it was for me!!! But it wasnt. (I wound up with a rusty, green pontiac parisienne older than dust). I remember crunching numbers around the time I turned 18, trying to see if I could get a loan for a used 4th gen. Another let down, no credit, no cosigner = no camaro. I wound up with a 99 merc mystique, reliable car but no balls! After some college I tried again. 20, decent credit, but the 5th gen wasnt released yet. I would be disowned if I ever owned a ford product so the pisstang wasnt an option. After being rejected for a loan on a Chally RT I settled for a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Convertable. FUN car, quick enough for me at the time, but it didnt have a backseat or much of a trunk. It was an automatic, and couldnt quite spin the tires unless it was cold out or the pavement was wet. I drove the crap out of that little crossfire, but this summer it was time for me to upgrade.

This April I stopped at a dealership, test drove a few v6 camaros and rode along in a v8 m6 (I couldnt drive stick at the time). I fell in love. I went to my bank, got a pre approval, but didnt want the monthly payments that came with the 2ss rs that everyone had in stock. After dealing with a few real A** hole dealers, my dad introduced me to his friend at a dealership a few towns over. Another let down. I couldnt order a new 2010 1ss m6 (hard to find in my area, everyone had the v6s or 2ss rs) because the plant was switching over to the 2011s. I couldnt order a 2011 because we didnt know if there were any price increases (pricing was not released on the 2011s). So I had to wait. I know some of you had to wait several months for your babys, but it especially hard to wait after I had finally secured financing. I was finally able to place my order in the beggining of june, and I figured I would have my car by August.

Camarotracking.com was a big help to me, my car was built alot sooner than I thought it would be. She was born on june 28th, and finally delivered to me on July 16th. I managed to practice driving stick in an old neon during the few weeks before I got my baby, I didnt kill it (thankfully!) while I drove it out of the service dept or on my way home. (although I have killed it a handfull of times since) I cant describe the feeling I had driving it home that day. It was amazing. I have had her for almost a week now. I havent stopped smiling since. The only downside to having my dream car is that the only fun part of my weekend plans is the drive to get there! I am the happiest 22 yr old alive right now I have alot of learning to do as far as driving a car like this goes, but I am getting around good so far. I even did my first burn out yesterday! Although im going to keep that to a minimum to save the tires hahah.

Sorry for the long read, just wanted to share my story and excitement!!!

Amanda
Nice. The Camaro is also my first "new" car. And props on going with the manual SS. Balls to the wall girlie.
Zona Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:00 PM   #10
Ridindirty

Drives: 2010 SW 2SS/RS
We share your excitement with you because we all went through the same. Congratulations and enjoy your new ride!

"Second place is the first looser"
Ridindirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #11
Rip

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Awesome!!
Old 07-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #12
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
The reality of things....

Nice write up Amanda and it goes to prove that patience is a virtue. More of the youth of today needs motivation like yours and your one of them providing the inspiration.........dreamers can see things materialize with the right dedication, efforts and attitudes.............Congrats on your new ride. Caspers Loving the color too.......
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:08 PM   #13
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
Nice write up Amanda and it goes to prove that patience is a virtue. More of the youth of today needs motivation like yours and your one of them providing the inspiration.........dreamers can see things materialize with the right dedication, efforts and attitudes.............Congrats on your new ride. Caspers Loving the color too.......
quoted for truth. I'm 25 and have countless friends and acquaintances leasing cars w/ $400 /mo lease payments trying to "keep up w/ the jonses"-it's an L.A. thing- whilst not having a pot to piss in. to each their own,but i'd rather hold onto my not-as-exciting-for-now-wheels and have some bread to go round for now and later while continuing to put something aside for the next few years to get my SS, and have more than a little something to work with later. it's called delayed gratification.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:16 PM   #14
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Thumbs up

Good read, congratulations on the car! Some people buy these cars because they're the hot thing right now, and they happen to have the extra cash lying around.

Some people struggle and scrounge, and eat ramen noodles for this car- not because it's popular, but because they love it and always have. That's what Camaro is all about to me. Pure love and permagrin.

Couldn't be happier for you! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote