Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-29-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
CesOne

Drives: 2010 Camaro White 2LT RS
I've been driving my car like a WHIMP. But I have a ?

Title says it all.... So far I put 2800 miles on my car and I dont even think I passed 85 mph yet... Build date 5/26/2010.... picked up 6/9/2010.... I have alot of miles in a short period of time because I drove from FL to NY then to MD and back to NY and of course your normal everyday driving...

Now here's my question.....

If I wanted to peel out without power sliding... How do I do it ?

It's okay to abuse me .... I've just been such a whimp with my car I'm scared to brake something LOL...

I was thinking t/c off and put it to sport mode then slam on the gas, but didn't have the balls to do it.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
Huck1974
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS
My neighbor has not figured out how to turn all traction control off after 3500 miles on an ss. I think he is mentally branded from the possible bungie chord she most likely has installed around his nuts. I'm not sure he can be helped.

I have faith in you.
Huck1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
"WHIMP"? I'm kidding- Pound the gas dude. Turn the TC off, stab the pedal and let em spin, you've got enough HP to get some good wheelspin no prob.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:29 PM   #4
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I just passed 3000 miles. The other day I had a really s***** day at work. On my commute home I drove my SS a little more agressive than normal. Ok a lot more aggressive. One word...AWESOME!! Drive it like you stole it but always obey all rules and laws of the roads.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #5
Huck1974
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I just passed 3000 miles. The other day I had a really s***** day at work. On my commute home I drove my SS a little more agressive than normal. Ok a lot more aggressive. One word...AWESOME!! Drive it like you stole it but always obey all rules and laws of the roads.

thats an oxymoron but I'll give you props for the disclaimer
Old 06-29-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
CesOne

You guys are funny ...LOL.... Thanks for not ripping me a new one
Old 06-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #7
CesOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
"WHIMP"? I'm kidding- Pound the gas dude. Turn the TC off, stab the pedal and let em spin, you've got enough HP to get some good wheelspin no prob.
Should I leave it in D or S...

And I have a V6 will it still peel out ?
Old 06-29-2010, 09:56 PM   #8
Huck1974
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CesOne View Post

now you really asked for it.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:00 PM   #9
CesOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck1974 View Post

now you really asked for it.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:04 PM   #10
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:

Lets see, you have an RS so you have the 20s. And you have an auto... no offense but maybe not. Some people have been having a hard time burning them in auto SS cars. I am not saying your car doesnt have enough power... I am saying you better hold on b/c it will probably take off like a rocket. You dont want to expect a burn out and lauch into something... it has happened before.

Its easy for me to roast 'em but I have a manual... I'd try Revo's advise but make sure you have room.

Put it in D (or S) doesnt matter. Hold the t/c button for seven seconds until t/c AND stabilitrac turn off (two lights on dash) and then hold the brake a little and give it a little gas... till the car almost wants to overpower the brakes and move to take the slack out of the drive line. let off the brake fast and mash the gas to the floor... should work nicely. DONT POWER BRAKE IT... (hold brake and give it gas until it overpowers the rear brakes and spins the tires while the front brakes hold the car still... THAT IS STUPID)... just enough brake and gas to get a little RPM and take the slack out of the driveline will do.

If the wheels start to hop... LET OFF IMMEDIATLY!

Let us know.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:10 PM   #11
CesOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Lets see, you have an RS so you have the 20s. And you have an auto... no offense but maybe not. Some people have been having a hard time burning them in auto SS cars. I am not saying your car doesnt have enough power... I am saying you better hold on b/c it will probably take off like a rocket. You dont want to expect a burn out and lauch into something... it has happened before.

Its easy for me to roast 'em but I have a manual... I'd try Revo's advise but make sure you have room.

Put it in D (or S) doesnt matter. Hold the t/c button for seven seconds until t/c AND stabilitrac turn off (two lights on dash) and then hold the brake a little and give it a little gas... till the car almost wants to overpower the brakes and move to take the slack out of the drive line. let off the brake fast and mash the gas to the floor... should work nicely. DONT POWER BRAKE IT... (hold brake and give it gas until it overpowers the rear brakes and spins the tires while the front brakes hold the car still... THAT IS STUPID)... just enough brake and gas to get a little RPM and take the slack out of the driveline will do.

Let us know.
I will thanks
Old 06-29-2010, 10:14 PM   #12
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
I will thanks
Just becareful... give yourself lots of space and dont let the rear wheels hop. it will work better if the tires are cool, the road is cool, the ambient temp is cool... Once the road or tires get hot, they get sticky... if thats the case, you will likely either just grip and go or hop the rear wheels which leads to breakage.

BTW... nice car! I love Summit White. I probably would have had it if you could have got it when I got mine!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:28 PM   #13
Lucky SOB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Eh... Ease out of it. You don't want them to dead hook.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:41 PM   #14
BURNINFUEL20

Drives: 2010 Camaro Summit White LS/A6
Quote:
I will thanks
hey bro, just do what i do, turn off the t/c, grab a jug of water, go to an empty road, wide preferably and throw the water down under the BACK tires and let her rip lol. just like at the track baby
BURNINFUEL20 is offline   Reply With Quote