Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 06-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
CesOne

Drives: 2010 Camaro White 2LT RS
Bad experience at Arnold chevorlet in Long Island, NY

Brought it in for an Oil change and to check out a couple of things that bothered me about the car like....

1. Driver side halo dimmer than the passenger side.
2. Center speaker cover on the dash is raised on the left side not flushed to the dash.
3. Driver side molding to the back small window sticks out alot more than the passenger on about 3/4 of an inch.

Outcome

1. They couldn't see the difference of the halo lights.... well maybe because it daytime and can only be noticed at night..... And the only reason why I noticed was because I had 3 different people point it out to me. So they didnt change it ... they told me to take a picture of it at night which i did and you cant tell on the picture. So I'm screwed with that I guess

2. they will order a new speaker cover ,, should have it in a couple of days

3. they see the problem with the molding but cant do anything because GM wont let them because it's glued to the body....

That's not the bad part.....

I pick up my car and paid for the oil change same day (6/28/10)........

Here's a list of the problems I found on and in my car....

1. dirty oil greasy hand prints all over my car
2. 8 inch grease and boot scuff on the bottom of my door
3. passenger seat all black grease on the part you sit on
4. driver seat same thing but 50 times worse I have light grey leather seats they looked like I had the car for 10 years and that was 10 years worth of dirt on my seat.
5. My driver door looked like it had a fight with his boots or sneakers....

Over all it took me about an hour or so to clean my car. I called them and they where just closeing and told me that if I couldnt clean it they would ... but I did it my self...

I called GM corp. today and told them everything the lady said she was going to call them and call me back ....she sounded new.... She called me back and said she spoke to greg and he said the molding was fixed and the oil change done and my car is ready for pick up... I told the lady , Miss I picked up my car already yesterday what the hell is that guy talking about.... Well she said she was going to call them back and then she was going to call me but never heard from her again.....

I'll keep you posted .....

sorry if I missed spelled words or left out words ,, I'm just very angry

UPDATE READ POST #14 ..............07/2/2010 2:34 pm .

Last edited by CesOne; 07-02-2010 at 01:34 PM.
CesOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
1969to2010
The Man in Black

Drives: 1969 Camaro 2010 Camaro 1SS
that sucks bro
Old 06-29-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
WOW, that is not good at all. Do they not have seat covers??

Those are issues the service manager should be taking care of. I would tak to your salesman, IF you bought it there. If not, find another dealer to service. I could highly recommend Arroway Chevrolet here in Westchester, but that is a drive for you.

Sorry for your trouble. Best of luck with a satisfactory ressolve!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:12 AM   #4
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Read this...you won't believe what they did to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ghlight=arnold

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:16 AM   #5
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
ive had the headlight issue and some other few small issues, went to paul conte where i bought the car and nothing but gentleman, i showed them my halo issue they were unsure about it to they resolved the issue and just ordered me 2 new headlights, had a shake in the tires, told them it was the rears that had to be balanced, took it for a test drive there reply was well im sorry we cant drive it over 65 to feel the full problem but we did the rebalance if any problems come back. the service was great i say go there
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:50 AM   #6
iLLmaTic3s

Drives: 2010 Camaro
best of luck man. im not a huge fan of them or robert chevy. the service has gotten really crappy over the last few months/years at the dealers.
iLLmaTic3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:40 AM   #7
Kendell347
Doc

Drives: BLACKOUT & Fifty
Sorry to hear about your issues, I know there's a few people that have had issues with the halos. Hope all your issues are rectified.
1100-7/20/2009 * 6000-2/4/10 Proud Owner of Autographed Litho # 1282010 Camaro 2 SS/RS - BLACKOUT & 2017 Camaro 2 SS - 50th Anniversary #894 WWW. NY5THGEN.COM
Kendell347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:50 AM   #8
CesOne

Thanks for the reply's.... Now I'm waiting to hear from GM
Old 06-30-2010, 08:01 AM   #9
CesOne

Wow... What was the out come ?
Old 07-01-2010, 06:15 AM   #10
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
After the owner and his lawyer called me at work and threatened to sue me for posting negative information about the dealership, I called GMs customer service number to ask for their help. Their response "Now that this has become a legal issue (!) we cannot get involved".
I never heard back from the owner or a lawyer and it faded away. Needless to say I never returned to Arnold but continue to exercise my freedom of speech and tell the truth about my experience with their "service" dept.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #11
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
ive had the headlight issue and some other few small issues, went to paul conte where i bought the car and nothing but gentleman, i showed them my halo issue they were unsure about it to they resolved the issue and just ordered me 2 new headlights, had a shake in the tires, told them it was the rears that had to be balanced, took it for a test drive there reply was well im sorry we cant drive it over 65 to feel the full problem but we did the rebalance if any problems come back. the service was great i say go there
+1 on Paul Conte, they are my local dealer I bought the car from and service at. They treat me like I own the place every time I am there. Our hero RPO_Z28 works there as well!
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1995 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:17 AM   #12
CesOne

I have an update ...........It's a GOOD update,,,, But I dont have time now to post the details.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:25 AM   #13
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:26 PM   #14
CesOne

Update... Marc called me on wednesday about my issue. I think he's the manager there... He apologized for the condition my car was in when I picked it up, And to make up for it he offered to detail my car. Which is very fair.

As far as my headlight issue, he is ordering a new Head Light for me and replacing the leather on my driver side seat because who ever serviced my car damaged it. (where your back rests), and as I said before the speaker cover is also being replaced. As for the driver side back window molding he gave me the choice if I wanted them to replace the whole piece. I looked at the other camaros that was on the lot and most have similar issues with the molding but not sticking out as much as mine. So I decided to leave it alone for now because he told me that the factory seal would be broken and just in case they dont put it on right and it leaks I would have problems and to be honest I rather leave it like that then to have future problems and have my car in and out of the dealership to fix.

So heres the wrap up.

I'm happy that I got a phone call form Marc to make good on my issues.. I should've spoke to him before I posted this thread to give them a bad name because one of there service guys didn't have common sense to do his job right. As long as Marc sticks to his promise and makes good on this matter ( which looks like he is because parts were already ordered ) I give them a thumbs up for stepping up to the plate and making a bad situation Good.

I know things happen it just sucks that it happened to me, but in the end I'm happy with the out come, and maybe because of what happened to me that service guy or any other service guy there will be more careful when handling other people's cars.

As soon as all the promised work is done on my car I will give another update on the service. I hope it's great because this time around I wanna start my thread with "Great experience at Arnold chevorlet in Long Island, NY "