Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 06-30-2009, 10:38 AM   #15
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSolar View Post
I mean, unless someone at the dealership is there and sees you, you probably don't need to worry. If it breaks at the track just have it towed home before you call up GM.
Given the proximity of the dealer to the track, I would say it is highly likely there will be rep's there from the dealership... and likely GM too. It's not like they will see my VIN, but my color combination more rare than most for the time being.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:47 AM   #16
SubSolar

Drives: 2009 Corvette, 1987 Buick GN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_9 View Post
Given the proximity of the dealer to the track, I would say it is highly likely there will be rep's there from the dealership... and likely GM too. It's not like they will see my VIN, but my color combination more rare than most for the time being.
Then I guess it's all up to you if it's worth the risk. I'm pretty sure almost all car companies don't cover a warranty if you race and break except for maybe some very high end exotic cars.

That said, I remember when I bought my Camaro SS new in 2000 I broke the transmission in the second week at the dragstrip powershifting. The dealer mechanic suspected something because of my subframe connectors and cause I was 19 but he was cool and fixed it anyway. One of the reasons I'm going auto this time but that's another subject.
SubSolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #17
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_9 View Post
Anyone concerned about voiding their warranty as a result of the drag racing? The Texas Motor Speedway is having drag races this summer, very Friday night starting this week, and I want to take my Baby out for a few runs... that said, I value my warranty more. Thoughts?
I'd be more worried about crashing and having to explain it to my insurance company...

Just wash the rubber out of your rear bumper and they will never know....