Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-27-2019, 10:44 AM   #1
waldo1967

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS (Black int./ext.)
Trying to help recover stolen tires & wheels

An individual in Crawfordsville, IN had their tires and wheels stolen off two vehicles yesterday evening (January 26, 2019).
One was a 2003 Ram truck and the other was a 2017 Camaro.
If anyone lives in central Indiana/east central Illinois, please be on the lookout for wheels and/or tires for sale on Craigslist and F/B garage sale sites.
The daughter said the the wheels match the stock picture below.
Here is the link to her public Facebook post...

https://www.facebook.com/amanda.t.mc..._comment_reply

Thanks all!
Attached Images

waldo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:22 PM   #2
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Man that sucks, sorry to hear. I'd imagine there are quite a few sets of those out there for sale, how on earth would you ever be able to prove they were yours?
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 06:43 PM   #3
Roader

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Rod View Post
Man that sucks, sorry to hear. I'd imagine there are quite a few sets of those out there for sale, how on earth would you ever be able to prove they were yours?
Just like his underwear, he wrote his name inside them?
Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:00 PM   #4
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Every time I make a road trip with my Camaro I worry about this type of low life business. I always get a ground floor room with my Camaro parked directly in front of my window. Alarmed and concealed carry. I am running the factory 21" wheels from GM that cost over 4K with the tires. I am heading to NJ come April for a meeting with our mother chapter (Hired Gun's motorcycle club). Extra locks will go on the wheels to slow anyone down, alarm tested and weapon loaded.
Old 01-28-2019, 12:20 PM   #5
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
If you do find wheels like that for sale, how are you going to prove they were hers?
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:41 PM   #6
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
Every time I make a road trip with my Camaro I worry about this type of low life business. I always get a ground floor room with my Camaro parked directly in front of my window. Alarmed and concealed carry. I am running the factory 21" wheels from GM that cost over 4K with the tires. I am heading to NJ come April for a meeting with our mother chapter (Hired Gun's motorcycle club). Extra locks will go on the wheels to slow anyone down, alarm tested and weapon loaded.
You better study New Jersey firearms laws, or your Camaro wheels will be the least of your worries as you navigate the Garden State Prison system
Old 01-28-2019, 05:44 PM   #7
HOJO

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS 1LE 1967 Camaro
Not true. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_...ers_Safety_Act
HOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:24 PM   #8
Ajax2112

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
Remember no hollow points. Also look at their new law limiting magazine size and rounds.

If you PM me you email address I can send you the updated law.

Last edited by Ajax2112; 01-28-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Ajax2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:28 PM   #9
Ajax2112

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOJO View Post
HR218 requires you have up to date qualifications and certificate and you must follow the each states carry laws. You may want to look at the local state laws. Certain states specifically place limits on retired officers. NJ just enacted some pretty strict laws that even apply to retirees.

They also make a distinction between Police Officer and Peace Officer is some states also making differentiations between full time and part time.

Last edited by Ajax2112; 01-28-2019 at 07:40 PM.
Ajax2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:54 PM   #10
HOJO

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS 1LE 1967 Camaro
Thanks and yes do your research, I’m only assuming Deputy is a full time sworn police officer, given what I have read in various post.
HOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:10 PM   #11
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
You can't shoot someone for stealing your wheels

There's a few places where you might get away with it... Louisiana and Texas come to mind... but New Jersey is certainly not one of them.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:16 AM   #12
Gordo-D

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
You could wind up shooting an innocent party who bought them in good faith.

Finding a whole car can be extremely tricky but finding wheels on what is a fairly popular car would be almost impossible.
I hope you find them.
Gordo-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:45 PM   #13
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
You guys are confusing Deputy with the OP. OP is looking for stolen wheels that likely can't be identified. Deputy is stating the measures that he uses to protect his investment, not out looking to shoot the people who stole the wheels OP is trying to locate.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:43 PM   #14
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
You guys are confusing Deputy with the OP. OP is looking for stolen wheels that likely can't be identified. Deputy is stating the measures that he uses to protect his investment, not out looking to shoot the people who stole the wheels OP is trying to locate.
Your correct, let's not jump to conclusions and wish there was a way we could assist in locating the wheels for this guy. I know it would be one hell of a long shot.

I was talking to a friend today who lives in the San Diego area, he was telling me that thieves are going to all the local dealerships and pulling many sets in one single night. They end up on eBay or other sites because in the majority of the cases they can't be identified.

I wonder if there is a way of stamping the back of the wheels with a identifier? Sort of like a firearms serial number. In most cases if the crooks try to file the number off they can still be identified.

I have locks but also admit that slows them down for a fraction of a second and keeps the one time nervous lizzy from stealing them.

Tags
stolen, tires, wheels and tires, wheels for 6th gen camaro