Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-20-2019, 01:09 PM   #1
CHRISCAM

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2SS/1LE
Let's hear from the 100K+ LS3 mileage club!

Ok, all you Gen 5 LS3 owners with 100K miles or more please stand up and be counted!

Please include some comments about the experience with your ride so far-- the good and the bad.

Cheers,
Chris
CHRISCAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 01:43 PM   #2
PepeLePew

Drives: 2010 2SS Coupe; 2011 2LT Vert
What's up Chris? I recently acquired a 2010 2SS 6M LS3 back in December. It was bone stock and had about 125k on the clock when I got it. I instantly tore into it and installed a Hurst shifter, Texas Speed stage 2 cam, TSP headers with off road pipes, and electric cutouts. Then I went to the tuner and laid down 466whp with 129K miles. Now I am at 130K miles and it's running great.

BTW - I love the look of your '13 2SS/1LE. What have you done and how many miles have you enjoyed it?

https://youtu.be/E0De1c0XwmQ

Thanks,
Jeff
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:35 PM   #3
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Its been a great ride. I am thoroughly satisfied with what I drive. I know nothing last forever and so this car will not last forever... and yet I do know that the experience with this Camaro SS will last me forever. I am very grateful for that.

The only major mechanical issue I've had was a busted spring and rocker on cylinder 3 at around 83k miles. Allen Cadillac out of Laguna Niguel took good care of my car and it was promptly fixed within 24hrs. I was back on the road with a stock tune, but it was feeling good... nervous, but good. Quick acceleration was there, smooth idle. These guys are great and did great work. After I re-tuned in, the car been back to its ferocious ways, going 151k strong not skipping a beat.

Over the years, performance has been my focus since I bought it. Then after I was at a good place with the power, I'd start on cosmetics...

I initially installed a Flowmaster catback to go with a K&N CAI. That CAI before I switched to a Vararam OTC Ram Air a few years later. This was nice and the car sounded good. I've always liked the deep rumble of Flowmaster.

A bit later, I upgraded my TB to a 95mm BBK, and added a set of Shorty BBK Headers. The shorties looked and look great, and I wasn't going to install them on the stock midpipes so I added a set of JBA High flow cats to go with the headers. Being in CA, I was risking not passing smog... but CAI - carb legal, shorties - carb legal, hfc's not so much........ well, no problems so far.

After a tune, I truly was not ready for what I was I about to feel when I first gave that car some gas. This thing woke up in a very good way. The power it had which STILL has... aw man I am all smiles. To this day I still am very happy and hold that grin. Great response and 'light-on-its-feet' feel that I'm very happy with. It often think and smile on how far technology has come, that we can build such amazing rides.

In the middle of all that I installed a nice set of Niche Milan M135 silver machined wheels with some wide tires, currently wearing Nitto NT555 G2's on all corners - Along with an amazing suspension (Hotchkis Race Set) and bushing (BMR) set up. Very happy how it turned out on performance that a blower, cam, or anything of the sort hasn't been a priority for me. Maybe one day, but not today my friends... I made me a fast and nimble ride that's still is sure to rival 1LE's on the course...

From around 75k or so, its been mostly about cosmetics. Got it the 3dCarbon side skirts and rear slats, then the hood my goodness that hood. A beautifully built Seibon TS II carbon fiber, wet look clear coated hood that to this day looks amazing after years of wear.

Blacked it out - tail lights side markers. And then the single most awesome part of my cosmetic build, the ZL1 fascia conversion. Man I love how aggressive that face looks with that set of eagle eyes too. The lowered stance stance and wide wheels add to that aggressive look I just always wanted in a car but never knew what kind of car to put it on lol. Gary's Customs did me right. Gary da man. Beautiful job on the paint, on the shipping, pricey but hey ya gotta make a living. Some love for the great job on mine.

Added a black gloss ZL1 spoiler for the rear, with a ZL1 addons stealth wicker which looks amazing, a set of MRT louvers which look amazing and don't rattle and have held up great without scratches and its great finish. The Ikon diffuser to set off the rear and here we are.

My 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3 M6, which is still just so much fun to drive.
Attached Images

Last edited by Spec; 04-20-2019 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Had to add a picture of the stick!
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:51 PM   #4
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Is this an LS3 only thread? If so, I will put my head down in shame and close the door behind me.

My L99 has 151,000+ miles and going strong.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:09 PM   #5
CHRISCAM

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2SS/1LE
Thanks guys for the replies. I was interested in hearing from the LS3 people, but L99s OK too.
My own 1LE only has 60K, so I don't yet qualify.
CHRISCAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:36 PM   #6
Spec
Account Suspended

Thought this thread would blow up with stories and pictures... 100k+ Camaro folk are shy?
Old 04-22-2019, 07:19 PM   #7
Nb1081

Drives: 10 2ss/rs
Bought mine last july with 123ish on it bone stock
Old 01-30-2020, 09:55 PM   #8
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Its been a great ride. I am thoroughly satisfied with what I drive. I know nothing last forever and so this car will not last forever... and yet I do know that the experience with this Camaro SS will last me forever. I am very grateful for that.

The only major mechanical issue I've had was a busted spring and rocker on cylinder 3 at around 83k miles. Allen Cadillac out of Laguna Niguel took good care of my car and it was promptly fixed within 24hrs. I was back on the road with a stock tune, but it was feeling good... nervous, but good. Quick acceleration was there, smooth idle. These guys are great and did great work. After I re-tuned in, the car been back to its ferocious ways, going 151k strong not skipping a beat.

Over the years, performance has been my focus since I bought it. Then after I was at a good place with the power, I'd start on cosmetics...

I initially installed a Flowmaster catback to go with a K&N CAI. That CAI before I switched to a Vararam OTC Ram Air a few years later. This was nice and the car sounded good. I've always liked the deep rumble of Flowmaster.

A bit later, I upgraded my TB to a 95mm BBK, and added a set of Shorty BBK Headers. The shorties looked and look great, and I wasn't going to install them on the stock midpipes so I added a set of JBA High flow cats to go with the headers. Being in CA, I was risking not passing smog... but CAI - carb legal, shorties - carb legal, hfc's not so much........ well, no problems so far.

After a tune, I truly was not ready for what I was I about to feel when I first gave that car some gas. This thing woke up in a very good way. The power it had which STILL has... aw man I am all smiles. To this day I still am very happy and hold that grin. Great response and 'light-on-its-feet' feel that I'm very happy with. It often think and smile on how far technology has come, that we can build such amazing rides.

In the middle of all that I installed a nice set of Niche Milan M135 silver machined wheels with some wide tires, currently wearing Nitto NT555 G2's on all corners - Along with an amazing suspension (Hotchkis Race Set) and bushing (BMR) set up. Very happy how it turned out on performance that a blower, cam, or anything of the sort hasn't been a priority for me. Maybe one day, but not today my friends... I made me a fast and nimble ride that's still is sure to rival 1LE's on the course...

From around 75k or so, its been mostly about cosmetics. Got it the 3dCarbon side skirts and rear slats, then the hood my goodness that hood. A beautifully built Seibon TS II carbon fiber, wet look clear coated hood that to this day looks amazing after years of wear.

Blacked it out - tail lights side markers. And then the single most awesome part of my cosmetic build, the ZL1 fascia conversion. Man I love how aggressive that face looks with that set of eagle eyes too. The lowered stance stance and wide wheels add to that aggressive look I just always wanted in a car but never knew what kind of car to put it on lol. Gary's Customs did me right. Gary da man. Beautiful job on the paint, on the shipping, pricey but hey ya gotta make a living. Some love for the great job on mine.

Added a black gloss ZL1 spoiler for the rear, with a ZL1 addons stealth wicker which looks amazing, a set of MRT louvers which look amazing and don't rattle and have held up great without scratches and its great finish. The Ikon diffuser to set off the rear and here we are.

My 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3 M6, which is still just so much fun to drive.

Man, I still feel the same way... anyone else? 10yrs in Dec..........

Old 01-30-2020, 10:18 PM   #9
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Is this an LS3 only thread? If so, I will put my head down in shame and close the door behind me.

Didn't you do an LS3 swap though?
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 11:15 PM   #10
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
i would like to award you ALL badges of HONOR!!!
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 11:37 PM   #11
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
Didn't you do an LS3 swap though?
Yes.

That post is from last April. L99 was destroyed June 29th. I completed the swap in October.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:12 AM   #12
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post

What? It didn’t leave trails if AFM parts all over the freeway yet?
Old 01-31-2020, 09:39 AM   #13
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Love these threads! Our cars are awesome and the 5th gen is so pleasing to the eyes. Mines only at 60k, but currently going beast mode on my build. Looking forward to many, many years of fun
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:03 AM   #14
xXSharkfhinXx

Drives: 2015 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
What's up Chris? I recently acquired a 2010 2SS 6M LS3 back in December. It was bone stock and had about 125k on the clock when I got it. I instantly tore into it and installed a Hurst shifter, Texas Speed stage 2 cam, TSP headers with off road pipes, and electric cutouts. Then I went to the tuner and laid down 466whp with 129K miles. Now I am at 130K miles and it's running great.

BTW - I love the look of your '13 2SS/1LE. What have you done and how many miles have you enjoyed it?

https://youtu.be/E0De1c0XwmQ

Thanks,
Jeff
is that 466 without tune? seems like u should be a little higher