Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-18-2010, 04:11 AM   #113
TK

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Camaro Scotty said that it'll be in the GMPP October Catologue update. So GM Parts Direct should have it.
Checked their site, they only have the white cue ball looking one... anyone else?
TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:33 AM   #114
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Word from GM parts was some time in November... I DO like the way the Factory one feels...JUST RIGHT!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:35 AM   #115
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
If it feels anything like the hurst I have in my car now, they can keep it. I have been very disapointed. I think I'm going MGW now.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #116
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK View Post
Checked their site, they only have the white cue ball looking one... anyone else?
I meant to say October or later.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:43 AM   #117
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagemuscle View Post
If it feels anything like the hurst I have in my car now, they can keep it. I have been very disapointed. I think I'm going MGW now.
That's because its a very aggressive competition type shifter. MGW is smooth and quiet compared to the Hurst.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:28 AM   #118
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
That's because its a very aggressive competition type shifter. MGW is smooth and quiet compared to the Hurst.
You obviously have not had many short throw shifters in your day. A competion shifters does not neet to be loud and notchy feeling. The Hurst has a lot of play in it and also lacks positive stops for the money you pay. I love its looks, buy after buying it is way down in my book.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:41 AM   #119
nak3dsnake

Quote:
You obviously have not had many short throw shifters in your day. A competion shifters does not neet to be loud and notchy feeling. The Hurst has a lot of play in it and also lacks positive stops for the money you pay. I love its looks, buy after buying it is way down in my book.
I'm 21 and this is my first manual so no. I love it. I like the click it makes to let you know when its in gear. As for play, mine has very little when in gear and a bit of vibration at high revs.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:19 AM   #120
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
To those that have wobble in their shift knobs did you happen to notice if that existed before you replaced it?

All of the people on here saying how "abnormal" that was got me curious. I went under the car and took a look and it isn't the new assembly that wobbles, it is the entire arm that reaches in to the transmission as well.

To rule out something during the install that may have caused that, I went to the dealer and jumped in a couple brand new M6 Camaros and wiggled the stock knob and they had the same thing. So, doesn't seem like quite the emergency that some made it out to be.
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:35 AM   #121
Ghost-Rider

Drives: SW 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
To those that have wobble in their shift knobs did you happen to notice if that existed before you replaced it?

All of the people on here saying how "abnormal" that was got me curious. I went under the car and took a look and it isn't the new assembly that wobbles, it is the entire arm that reaches in to the transmission as well.

To rule out something during the install that may have caused that, I went to the dealer and jumped in a couple brand new M6 Camaros and wiggled the stock knob and they had the same thing. So, doesn't seem like quite the emergency that some made it out to be.
Finally someone who knows what they are talking about. Thank you.

The Hurst shifter DOES NOT wobble, the stock linkage does. It does on the OEM shifter and all other shifters that I've seen so far including the MGW. It just tries to hide this problem with it's internal springs. I'd rather know what my transmission is doing, rather than hide it's short comings by masking the problems.
Ghost-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:50 AM   #122
subzero05
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 tbd
Quote:
there is no need for stops on any aftermarket shifter with these new transmissions. They are built in.Loud is a "subjective" term as well. There are plenty of people here and elsewhere who think its perfect. Sure, opinions will vary and the Hurst is definately not for everyone.
subzero05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #123
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost-Rider View Post
Finally someone who knows what they are talking about. Thank you.

The Hurst shifter DOES NOT wobble, the stock linkage does. It does on the OEM shifter and all other shifters that I've seen so far including the MGW. It just tries to hide this problem with it's internal springs. I'd rather know what my transmission is doing, rather than hide it's short comings by masking the problems.
Still... wobble.

But what I am hearing is that the stock linkage is designed for the stock shifter which doesn't have a wobble if left along. Now when swapped out for something after market, it has a wobble. Sounds like to me that Hurst needs to design the product better to correct what happens when someone puts in their shifter even if that includes new linkage.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #124
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero05 View Post
there is no need for stops on any aftermarket shifter with these new transmissions. They are built in.Loud is a "subjective" term as well. There are plenty of people here and elsewhere who think its perfect. Sure, opinions will vary and the Hurst is definately not for everyone.
If you look at some of the videos, it wobbles inches which is not normal.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:29 AM   #125
Ghost-Rider

Drives: SW 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenixdragon View Post
Still... wobble.

But what I am hearing is that the stock linkage is designed for the stock shifter which doesn't have a wobble if left along. Now when swapped out for something after market, it has a wobble. Sounds like to me that Hurst needs to design the product better to correct what happens when someone puts in their shifter even if that includes new linkage.
Have you looked at a stock shifter and the linkage while someone is shifting? It wobbles. When I pulled my hurst shifter out of the box, I took the pin that connects the shifter to the linkage and put it bottom of the shifter bushings. The fit was perfect. The rest of the shifter is two solid piece bolted together. There is nowhere where this thing is going to wobble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenixdragon View Post
If you look at some of the videos, it wobbles inches which is not normal.
Did the stock shifter wobble inches? Oh... they didn't show that part in their video. Did they bolt the hurst together securely? Nope... didn't show that in the video either. Did they even put the bushings in on the bottom or did they mess them all up sticking them in? Who knows... wasn't in the video. My shifter and hundred of other guys in here have thousands of miles on the hurst shifter, with hard shifting and no problems. Seems to me the design is perfect... and the problems lie in the install.
Ghost-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:18 AM   #126
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayconut View Post
wow hey yhays my car!!!

no joyrides
The first post pic of the Hurst Short Throw Shifter
is now in the hands of Jayconut, who ordered the car!!
And here is your next "famous pic".
CONGRATS and THANK YOU!!
Attached Images

Last edited by JoeP@TeamBeckyD; 09-27-2010 at 08:29 AM. Reason: sp
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory hurst, shifter, short