Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-07-2009, 07:16 AM   #1
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
Arrow 370Z vs Cayman S vs 911 vs 135i vs S2000

Wow. is all i have to say. It doesnt matter about who came 1st of 2nd. Look at the lap times! The 370Z nearly tied the 911! It beat everything else. Nissan engineers only wanted to build a car that would beat a Cayman S. They managed to build one that would give the 911 something to think about.

Anyway, I wonder how the Camaro would've done here. I think it would've kept up on the twisties but simply overtake everone on the big strait.
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:08 AM   #2
JBsC6

Drives: 2008 Blk C6 Z51 NPP
Good to hear the new 370Z is such a fine performer.

Good looking car yet when I went to the dealer and saw a 41 grand sticker I started to laugh..

I'm sure you can order a car with less options but at 41 grand...I'd have to take a pass..

Hope it sells well for nissan. Nice car.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:11 AM   #3
Camaroinmo

Drives: Ford F150 SVT Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post

Anyway, I wonder how the Camaro would've done here. I think it would've kept up on the twisties but simply overtake everone on the big strait.
Sadly, but as expected, it would have come in last place against those sportscars.
Camaroinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:04 AM   #4
ihc95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroinmo View Post
Sadly, but as expected, it would have come in last place against those sportscars.
It should beat the S2000, no?
Old 02-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
How would the Camaro have done? I'm not sure. There is a big difference between running laps and racing. Running laps against the clock, the Camaro likely be mid pack. But looking at the layout of the track, the Camaro shouldn't be at much of a disadvantage. Couple tight turns, few chicanes, and some nice open stretches. It will be hard for the Camaro to be outbraked heading in, and it will have a lot of punch coming out. If it were to reach the corner first and hold the inside line, there isn't much that anyone could do to stop it. Easier said than done of course. It would be close, thats for sure.

Quote:
It should beat the S2000, no?
But . . . but . . . but the S2000 makes like 120 hp/L . . .
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #6
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
370z FTW!
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:55 PM   #7
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Wow unfortunately they werent using the updated cayman S with 324 HP rather than 294 HP. im sure the cayman would have won by a larger margin if they used the new one.

Im very confident that the camaro would finish behind the cayman and in front of the nissan GM has proven that their cars are extremely fast around the track (zr1, cts-v)
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #8
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
If anyone had been hesitant about excepting the performance aspect of the 370z, this should put that to rest. The 370z is a porsche like car that needs to be reckoned with.. And though i personally am not going to spend 35-37k on a car, It does Warrant the price tag.

Brilliant Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
Wow unfortunately they werent using the updated cayman S with 324 HP rather than 294 HP. im sure the cayman would have won by a larger margin if they used the new one.

Im very confident that the camaro would finish behind the cayman and in front of the nissan GM has proven that their cars are extremely fast around the track (zr1, cts-v)
A. what makes you think they used an old car in the new video?

B. The only reason the Cayman won was because of the starting position it had... look at the best lap times. 3rd place.

C. Its nice to be optomistic but i dont think the camaro would be able to beat any of these 4 on a real track with a decent amount of twisties. Let alone the Nissan which beat all of them aside from the 100k Porsche.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:22 PM   #9
Tactical Z
Banned

I'd buy the 370z over the 911 or Cayman anyday.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #10
ihc95

^^^^Your crazy. Its like saying you would have a GT-R over a 911 Turibo. Crazy....

For the money though, I see where your coming at.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #11
lil_chef
Banned

the 370z is operating at full capacity and has almost no room to improve, if i recall correctly a magazine review said that it felt unstable above 5000 rpm. the cayman is a work of art that could easily handle 500 hp but porsche wants to appeal to the rich snobs who feel that 911 is a better machine because its more expensive. the two reasons someone would buy a 370z is they prefer japanese styling over american, or they dont have 60k for a cayman
Old 02-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #12
lil_chef
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
If anyone had been hesitant about excepting the performance aspect of the 370z, this should put that to rest. The 370z is a porsche like car that needs to be reckoned with.. And though i personally am not going to spend 35-37k on a car, It does Warrant the price tag.

Brilliant Car.

A. what makes you think they used an old car in the new video?

B. The only reason the Cayman won was because of the starting position it had... look at the best lap times. 3rd place.

C. Its nice to be optomistic but i dont think the camaro would be able to beat any of these 4 on a real track with a decent amount of twisties. Let alone the Nissan which beat all of them aside from the 100k Porsche.
A. i have the old car in my driveway and i can tell the difference. the new one has an updated front end and LED lights.
B. the cayman won because it handles better (mid engine)
C. i have faith that the FE3 suspension will put the camaro in the 100k league since the FE2 puts the 6 cylinder in the G37 range
Old 02-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #13
Tactical Z
Banned

Quote:
^^^^Your crazy. Its like saying you would have a GT-R over a 911 Turibo. Crazy....

For the money though, I see where your coming at.
Yes, I'd take a GT-R over the 911 Turbo anyday.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #14
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
A. i have the old car in my driveway and i can tell the difference. the new one has an updated front end and LED lights.
B. the cayman won because it handles better (mid engine)
C. i have faith that the FE3 suspension will put the camaro in the 100k league since the FE2 puts the 6 cylinder in the G37 range
A. I dont believe you. The differences are subtle to the point that you could mistake them, and it doesnt make sense for them to use 3 brand new cars and 1 old one.

B. Funny. Did the Cayman beat the 911 because it handles better?

No. Ive got the 911 in My driveway and ive driven many Cayman's. The cayman is watered down compared to the 911. The Reason the Cayman won is because it had such a large lead, thanks to the Honda/BMW holding back the 911/370z, allowing the Cayman to surge ahead past the group.

once the Z/911 got out from behind the two captain-slow's, they caught up to the cayman. Something that WOULDNT have happened had the cayman been a more capable car. By the end of the race the Z and 911 were fighting with each other to pass up the Cayman... Given more time the outcome would have been different.

C. The problems that the Camaro will have are weight and body roll. Some serious sway bars and suspension work should do the trick but it will never be as track capable as these cars after similar work.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote