Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
*UPDATED* DIY: CAI Intake, Scoop, Washer Bottle, MRTv2's, & X-Pipe Install w/ Vids

Hi all. I just wanted to post these write-ups I did on installing my CAI intake with air scoop and washer fluid bottle relocation kit and also my MRTv2's. I designed a custom bracket to mount the remote filler neck in a better location (I think). It keeps you from having to drill into the new air box as well.

The last page of the attached PDF can be printed and used as a template to create your own bracket if you'd like. The bumper removal was not necessary to do this job, but was easy and made the job a lot easier.

There are lots of pics and I tried to show every step of the process and be as detailed as possible in the PDFs, so I'll let them speak for themselves.
Enjoy.

Edit: Here is a video I made, comparing the stock intake and exhaust sounds to the CAI and MRTv2's. (best audio quality when using quality headphones)

Edit Edit: I FINALLY got around to installing the MagnaFlow resonated x-pipe and doing a resonator delete. I did the install/welding myself. Pics and cold-start video here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360523

Here's the video. (sorry for the noisy camera mount) (and no I didn't get pulled over by the cop)

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Installation of Intake.pdf (5.70 MB, 1571 views)
File Type: pdf Installation of Exhaust.pdf (1.20 MB, 601 views)
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items

Last edited by snymat68; 05-28-2014 at 09:07 PM.
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:44 AM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Outstanding post!

One note I will add because it gets asked constantly is that removing the front bumper is not required to install the scoop. It does make the job much easier though.

Thank you for your order and for creating such a great post.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #3
snymat68

Yeah, I thought about that after the PDF's were already created, so I just noted it in my post.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
Old 06-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
whaler

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Great video, thanks for sharing it. Can't wait to do my axle back exhaust. Elite CC and Roto-Fab CAI done, very happy.

Good luck.

USA #1
PS 103
whaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
snymat68

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaler View Post
Great video, thanks for sharing it...
No problem
Aesthetic Mods
Old 06-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.! Glad to hear that you are happy!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #7
Bradrulz

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT IOM
Great video demo of each phase
MRT2.0 with Helmholtz Pipes, Cold Air Inductions CAI, 4-Pack Gauges, Flat Black Stripes, Added Spare Tire Kit, Elite Catch Can, Chrome 20" Wheels, HUD, ABL Doors, GM Dovetail, Matte Black Gills, Rear Fascia Blackout
Bradrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #8
CamaroLS

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Met. Camaro 1SS Vert
Sounds great!!
CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #9
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Nice-e-e-e!!!
Old 06-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #10
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Great video!! Makes me REALLY want to upgrade my exhaust! And great write up as well, I'm doing the air scoop/washer bottle relocation install tomorrow, and this will help
Old 06-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #11
snymat68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
Great video!! Makes me REALLY want to upgrade my exhaust! And great write up as well, I'm doing the air scoop/washer bottle relocation install tomorrow, and this will help
Thanks
How'd the install go?
Aesthetic Mods
Old 06-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #12
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
Thanks
How'd the install go?
Didn't get to do it laid out all my tools and supplies, went to go jack up my car, and the jack didn't fit under my Camaro I haven't jacked the car up since I lowered it in march, and it never occurred to me that my current jack wouldn't fit. I'm gonna look for a new jack and am gonna do the install as soon as I get it
Old 06-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #13
snymat68

Quote:
...the jack didn't fit under my Camaro...
Haha. It's all good. Looking forward to the finished result!
Aesthetic Mods
Old 06-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #14
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Didn't get to do it laid out all my tools and supplies, went to go jack up my car, and the jack didn't fit under my Camaro I haven't jacked the car up since I lowered it in march, and it never occurred to me that my current jack wouldn't fit. I'm gonna look for a new jack and am gonna do the install as soon as I get it
Ah, man! That sucks to get into install mod and then hit something like that.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote