Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #141
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
Can anyone please help? There are three 2011 M6 SS's at my local dealer. VIN: 2G1FT1EWXB9120524 does not list a Hurst on window sticker(no H on the knob). VIN: 2G1FS1EW0B9123354 does list the Hurst(H is on the knob $380) plus it says DEALER INSTALLED. VIN: 2G1FT1EW8B9127083 does list the Hurst (H is on the knob $380) BUT it DOES NOT say DEALER INSTALLED. Did GM start shipping this factory option with the cars to be dealer installed BEFORE they started installing them at the plant ? Anyone know for sure ? Would like to know before I buy.
VQ35DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:04 AM   #142
jakebrake

Drives: 2010 2ss RS M6 Transformers edition
Imo not bashing hurst but had it 4 2 months and it rattles and wobley looks great but looks and feels cheap! I'm going to try the mti six shooter lot btr quality and customer service!I told hurst about the rattle they said put tire stickey weights on the stick below boot!lol ahit on that I've tried everything there is to do!no fix!! But the mti has ball bearings gaurunted not to rattle at any rpm and has iso,s built in it and very sturdy looking!and very nice people to deal with! If you want retro go hurst but otherwise don't wast $!
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:20 AM   #143
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
To those that have wobble in their shift knobs did you happen to notice if that existed before you replaced it?

All of the people on here saying how "abnormal" that was got me curious. I went under the car and took a look and it isn't the new assembly that wobbles, it is the entire arm that reaches in to the transmission as well.

To rule out something during the install that may have caused that, I went to the dealer and jumped in a couple brand new M6 Camaros and wiggled the stock knob and they had the same thing. So, doesn't seem like quite the emergency that some made it out to be.
Have you seen the video I posted. . . I have about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 inches of play left and right.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:52 AM   #144
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by js1977 View Post
Ok so I have a question about this... I bought my 2011 camaro that came with a dealer installed hurst package that included the aftermarket shifter, floor mats, and decal badges that were put under the camaro decals on both sides. My question is even though it didn't come from the factory with the actual GM hurst shifter, how is the value of the car going to be when it comes time for it to turn classic??? I mean I didn't add it, the dealer had it installed as soon as they recieved the car from the factory. So does that make it unique, or does this drop the value, they put the factory shifter in the trunk, so I have both and I have paperwork that states the dealer added the shifter...
Huh??? Turn classic??? I just had this discussion with a Gen Mgr at a Chevy dealership. He is very knowledgeable and this is what he said today!

"These are good cars and they are pretty cars with some respectable horsepower but there is NO guarantee that any car will turn classic! Too many variables to even get your motor racing over that aspect. Drive the car and enjoy it. Keep up the maintenance and retain all the documentation and you have a better resale. High mileage = low resale. Low mileage = waste of a car!!! JUST DRIVE IT!"

Study the cars at the Concours shows and Barrett Jackson sales. Ive seen some very bad concours cars and some very good show and shine cars. Show cars get driven more I guess, alot not garaged. Concours cars are almost always garaged, never driven in the wet, and generally never a daily driver. Some concours cars have probably only done a 100 miles in 4 or 5 years.

In regards to your shifter... If you don't have the factory documentation to show the shifter as standard equipment then that aspect is worthless either way. All of the factory cars that are worth something are 99% original, matching numbers, all documentation including build sheets and window stickers etc. right down to engine decals. It isn't a fine science and sometimes its just being in the right place and right time with some luck sprinkled in. Happy Thanksgiving.

PS - The photo below is of the FACTORY installed Hurst shifter that I took at the LA Autoshow this week. I ran through the gears of a GM standard shifter and and did same with the Hurst unit. The Hurst unit is all the way. That is why I waited to order my car until after the Hurst was made available. Plus it is documented.
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com

Last edited by Orange Krate; 11-25-2010 at 01:04 AM.
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:17 AM   #145
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Those shifters just look like they would feel good. And ive never drove a stick lol
Old 11-25-2010, 01:22 AM   #146
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
Those shifters just look like they would feel good. And ive never drove a stick lol
Your missing out
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:32 AM   #147
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icandrivejustnotlegally View Post
Your missing out
i gotta learn
Old 12-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #148
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge.128 View Post
does anyone know if this will fit the V6 M6 at all?
I'd like to know the answer to this Question as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero05 View Post
the GM/Hurst shifter will NOT fit the V6. The aftermarket Hurst shifter will
Have you seen one? Do you know the technical specs? Until you do, or someone does don't assume it only fits the V8 because they tell you it does. Just because they want it to be exclusive to the V8. Both hotchkis and BMR say that their strut tower braces only fit the V8 but that's not true. There are even several V6 owners who have them on their cars. I cant see why this would ONLY fit the V8. Unless the whole assembly is replaced, and not just the shifter. I plan to get my hands on one of these and find out for certain.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:28 PM   #149
subzero05
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 tbd
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
I'd like to know the answer to this Question as well.

Have you seen one? Do you know the technical specs? Until you do, or someone does don't assume it only fits the V8 because they tell you it does. Just because they want it to be exclusive to the V8. Both hotchkis and BMR say that their strut tower braces only fit the V8 but that's not true. There are even several V6 owners who have them on their cars. I cant see why this would ONLY fit the V8. Unless the whole assembly is replaced, and not just the shifter. I plan to get my hands on one of these and find out for certain.
YES I have seen one and I can ASSURE you it will not work on the V6!. The carrier assembly on the V6 car is different that the V8!. Those that have the hurst on the v6 car are using the aftermarket Hurst unit #3916030
subzero05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:52 PM   #150
nak3dsnake

Quote:
YES I have seen one and I can ASSURE you it will not work on the V6!. The carrier assembly on the V6 car is different that the V8!. Those that have the hurst on the v6 car are using the aftermarket Hurst unit #3916030
I know the carriers are different, I just want to know why it was V8 only. The aftermarket shifters out currently fit both v6 and v8 despite the difference in the carriers. What I want to know is if the carrier assembly is replaced with the factory Hurst option, or just the shifter itself. If its just the shifter itself it may fit in a V6 Camaro. I installed the aftermarket Hurst on my car, and the notchy feeling is becoming less pleasing over time.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:42 PM   #151
subzero05
Account Suspended

the carrier assembly does come with the Hurst O.E. shifter from GM.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #152
nak3dsnake

Quote:
the carrier assembly does come with the Hurst O.E. shifter from GM.
That's all I wanted to know. Thanks
Old 12-20-2010, 09:38 PM   #153
subzero05
Account Suspended

my pleasure sir
Old 12-30-2010, 02:51 PM   #154
skraemer

Drives: 96 Silverado, 2011 2LT M6 RS IBM
I know this is probably a no, but is there any way to get the same stick from the factory hurst shifter? I ordered a 2LT and at some point would like the short throw shifter, but I dont like the look of the aluminum rod and white ball. I know I can use the standard stick from factory on the after market hurst, but the factory hurst looks like it would feel so much better (And that hurst logo looks awesome!!)
skraemer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory hurst, shifter, short