Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 02-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #1
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Central FL dealers

I'm going through Courtesy at the Airport and my experience has been mixed but they're solid on MSRP so that's alright I guess (still trying to work supplier but that's unlikely). I think Courtesy on Colonial is doing MSRP as well (I called them when I ordered but didn't bother today). I decided to call around today and see if I could jockey for a better spot in line. Here's my experiences...

classic - 1500 over for previous customers and 2500 for new

holler - full (but I'm fairly certain they are the same as above when i called a while back)

fischer (titusville) - 2500 over for "environmental wrap" and 5000 over for "everything (paint protection and other bs)". I asked if I could get it without the crap and they said no, at least 2500 over MSRP

starling (deland) - full, asked about supplier but they said that GM wasn't doing it so I told him that they said otherwise in the last IDL. He was taken aback and asked if I worked for GM so I said no and told him I just read a lot on the internet. Woulda been a good opportunity to plug camaro5 but meh.

bob steele - said that gm couldn't garuntee that customers would get what they want so they're ordering lot cars and going to let people come in and test drive, etc. Sounds like they're trying to sell em to the highest bidder.

don mealey - no guide number, just putting in orders. Said no dealer knows how many they're going to get. I told him that he was wrong and other dealers as well as the internet disagrees. I'm sure they're just trying to order as many as they can.

So yea, I didn't really plug camaro5 but I'd rather not have these crooks and idiots on here lol.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:57 AM   #2
lupo271

Drives: 2010 sim/rs camaro
i'm trying classic west 50 or courtesy at the airport, what do you think ?
lupo271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
Starling Chevrolet in St.Cloud no allocations atm but always the chance for someone to drop. They are offering MSRP but want $1500 down

Coggin Chevrolet, Kissimmee want 3500 over MSRP and as you would expect have many allocations available.

and Yes Holler wants $1500 over MSRP for past customers. This was the last place I bought a car and when I wnet up there to cancel my extended warrenty on my Monte they asked me why I didn't buy from them and I out right told them they were gouging.
LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:54 PM   #4
lupo271

i e-mailed courtesy at the airport a they said that if i put my order now i will get the camaro in 12 to 16 weeks and they are asking $1000 down. what do you guys think?
Old 02-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #5
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Both the courtesy dealers are your best bet. I'm not sure which one is better, both are pretty mucht he same deal. Check what place you'll be in line at each one to figure out which will get you your car faster.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #6
scottmoyer

Drives: 1987 Camaro IROC-Z
I spoke with Doug Tutin at Vann Gannaway Chevy in Eustis and the sales manager at Cecil Clark in Tavares. Both locations said they will sell at or below MSRP. They said they have allocations and feel the customer should come first and that's impossible to accomplish by charging more than sticker.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:29 AM   #7
nvr2tall4camaro

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS 35th Anniversary LE
I emailed Classic yesterday and they are saying they don't know if they are going to charge MSRP because they don't know if MSRP will go up, and they don't know what the demand was going to be. Sounds like a load of BS and just unwilling to commit to MSRP. They deinitly know how to chase away the customer, unless it was just a salesman who was clueless. I might make a trip trip this afternoon and see what they say in person. The outcome will determine if a trip to Eustis or Tacares is needed.
nvr2tall4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:07 AM   #8
Camaro Bruce
repn UCF

Drives: 08 Riot
Send a message via MSN to Camaro Bruce
Ive been looking around the central florida area and will probably go with courtesy att airport, they are doing MSRP and have been pretty cool the times I have went up there, unlike alot of the other dealers. I havent pulled the trigger yet just because I have to at least see one before i start writing checks!
Camaro Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #9
lupo271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Bruce View Post
Ive been looking around the central florida area and will probably go with courtesy att airport, they are doing MSRP and have been pretty cool the times I have went up there, unlike alot of the other dealers. I havent pulled the trigger yet just because I have to at least see one before i start writing checks!
i preorder at courtesy, so when you start writing checks write them there.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:54 PM   #10
Airforce1

Drives: 2SS/RS 6speed
Ordered mine @ Courtesy on W. Col. was dealing with Dave H. internet manenger, BUT found out a week ago he was FIRED!!! unk reasons. Now dealing with Leon M. just another salesman. At least Dave kept me up to date on GM news, haven't heard much from Leon. Camaro is @ 3000 status, keeping fingers and toes crossed
Airforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote