Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-15-2014, 07:34 PM   #15
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by digdeep0169 View Post
mustang = gay with roll race at 45... just sayin... go from a Dig and that GTR will eat him for lunch anyday of the week.
Its a 720 horse GTR, and the V6 does well against it.

Again....you can't deny the performance.

Why is it "gay" that a V6 FI mustang took down a modded GTR from a roll race. Would it also be gay if this V6 slaughtered your car from a dig or a roll??

Sorry, but I don't get the hate.

Sounds terrible yes, but that's as far as the hate should be going here.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #16
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
The camaro was in the middle of the video. I'm pretty sure they just met him randomly
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:08 PM   #17
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDiesel420 View Post
That mustang may be fast but it sounded like crap. And it has nitrous as well, I doubt the GTR even has 720 hp that was a slow take of for a GTR, in my opinion thats a stock GTR.

Its a horrible video as well they just say 1, 2, 3 and go... the Mustang even leaves early since the guy in the mustang is the one counting down.
Not a stock GTR, that V6 turbo and N02 pony is amazing for what it is. GTR just didn't have enough for that pony with all those people in it lol
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:20 AM   #18
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
There is a video of this V6 taking on a supercharge C7 Vette, so I doubt the GTR is stock.

Yeah it sounds like crap, but its fast. You can't deny that.
The videos don't prove crap... sorry...

in the C7 video you can tell the the driver is short shifting and holding back... notice the go-pro on the c7 is point at the mustang, not down the track... the C7 driver was simply keeping the mustang in frame, imho...

in the GTR video... there was a video from the GTR and from his angle the video takes on a very different feel... like the GTR let the mustang get the jump and then the GTR walks him... then the mustang guy claims, oh that was a different 1200 hp gtr... LOL

The mustang guy has yet to post a video from the track where he shows the scoreboard at the end of the run! He has been claiming the fastest 3.7 mustang even though the best he has supposedly run is an 11.2 while CFM has a very well documented 10.7.

Sorry, as much as i like my 3.7 Mustang, this kid acts like a complete punk doing nothing but stupid roll racing... doing a huge disservice to the car enthusiast community.... and omg... dumping the exhaust through a hole in the hood... wtf.... that car sounds so horrible you couldn't pay me to drive it!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:57 AM   #19
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
The videos don't prove crap... sorry...

in the C7 video you can tell the the driver is short shifting and holding back... notice the go-pro on the c7 is point at the mustang, not down the track... the C7 driver was simply keeping the mustang in frame, imho...

in the GTR video... there was a video from the GTR and from his angle the video takes on a very different feel... like the GTR let the mustang get the jump and then the GTR walks him... then the mustang guy claims, oh that was a different 1200 hp gtr... LOL

The mustang guy has yet to post a video from the track where he shows the scoreboard at the end of the run! He has been claiming the fastest 3.7 mustang even though the best he has supposedly run is an 11.2 while CFM has a very well documented 10.7.

Sorry, as much as i like my 3.7 Mustang, this kid acts like a complete punk doing nothing but stupid roll racing... doing a huge disservice to the car enthusiast community.... and omg... dumping the exhaust through a hole in the hood... wtf.... that car sounds so horrible you couldn't pay me to drive it!
Come on John...I'm not trying to say this is the most bad@ss V6 ever or anything like that. I'm not saying I approve of the road racing, and I'm not saying there wasn't some stupid stuff going on here, and I already said it sounds terrible.

I didn't dissect the video like you, so I didn't notice all that (plus I had to watch it with the sound WAY down so as not to wake up my sleeping new born )

All I've been saying is, the car seems pretty fast. Can you agree with me on that b/c thats all I'm saying here.

Whether its putting down 500rwhp, or 1000rwhp, I think the car deserves respect rather than hate. Maybe not the owners...but thats a pretty common deal.

Aight..Im out. Last thing i want to do is look like I'm defending a MUSTANG! lol. (kidding)
Old 09-16-2014, 09:52 AM   #20
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Come on John...I'm not trying to say this is the most bad@ss V6 ever or anything like that. I'm not saying I approve of the road racing, and I'm not saying there wasn't some stupid stuff going on here, and I already said it sounds terrible.

I didn't dissect the video like you, so I didn't notice all that (plus I had to watch it with the sound WAY down so as not to wake up my sleeping new born )

All I've been saying is, the car seems pretty fast. Can you agree with me on that b/c thats all I'm saying here.

Whether its putting down 500rwhp, or 1000rwhp, I think the car deserves respect rather than hate. Maybe not the owners...but thats a pretty common deal.

Aight..Im out. Last thing i want to do is look like I'm defending a MUSTANG! lol. (kidding)
Oh, i know where you are coming from and what you are saying...

sorry, i got so wound up... this car has been making the rounds in the mustangs forum for a while now... the way the kid has handled everything about the kit, his car, the street racing... zero respect...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote