Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-22-2018, 06:57 AM   #85
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
I like it, honestly. I think it looks a lot better than the Camaro refresh. On top of that, if you like the old Blazers and think those are more appropriate...then buy one..? I find myself so confused by people who get upset that a new model doesn't look like an old model. If you don't like it, don't buy it and get the one you're all hot and bothered by.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:06 AM   #86
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
Then that would be the new Trailblazer SS... DOH !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie18SS View Post
The reason I dislike the Camaro redesign so much is exactly why I really like this design. The massive black grill gives it a taller look which is great on a truck/SUV, just not what I want on a low slung sports car.

Those DRLs are ridiculously cool! That is exactly what I was expecting the new Camaros to have.

I can't see GM NOT making an SS version of this. That would be a huge missed opportunity.
Interesting. GM typically gets criticized for making too many SS versions, watering down the significance of SS.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:30 AM   #87
Stroked84

Drives: Nothing fun, currently.
Why doesn't the new Camaro look 1/1000000th as good as this? Please offer an SS trim with the LT1 and AWD. I can't stop staring.
Stroked84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:35 AM   #88
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Interesting. GM typically gets criticized for making too many SS versions, watering down the significance of SS.

I think this is the wrong target niche for the new Blazer. My wife will love it to replace her KL Cherokee. I've wanted to get rid of that unreliable thing since we got it haha. This Blazer should sell!
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:01 AM   #89
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
So much YES...especially in that RS model.

I'll admit...I was concerned. The new Traverse is pretty nice, but not really anything super special in the looks department although I do think the upper trims are attractive, and the new Equinox is a bit bland in all trims except the RS, and even the RS version doesn't look so great from any rear ward view if you ask me. So I was worried Chevy wouldn't make any bold statements with this one either.

Glad I was wrong. This looks so good inside and out.

I will say the non-RS version isn't as big of a home run as the RS version in my opinion, but still pretty nice and bold.

Anyone else shocked there is no turbo 4 or diesel option??? I am. Can't believe they are running the V6 instead of the 2.0 turbo in this thing. I will say that 9 speed is great. Its in our 2018 Terrain, and its perfect so far. Smart and smooth.

I think they need to get on a hybrid version of this thing ASAP.

Last note...I read on the MotorTrend website that they are targeting the young family demographic with this with a house hold income of $135,000 a year. That seems like a very strange statement to me, and also seems high. Makes me think this thing won't be "cheap".
Old 06-22-2018, 09:13 AM   #90
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
Add a V8 with the AWD model and I'm in right now.
Not. Gunna. Happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post

price?
Its a Chevrolet Acadia, expect it to be priced as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Anyone else shocked there is no turbo 4 or diesel option??? I am. Can't believe they are running the V6 instead of the 2.0 turbo in this thing. I will say that 9 speed is great. Its in our 2018 Terrain, and its perfect so far. Smart and smooth.
I was surprised when the Acadia showed up without a turbo4, but since it doesn't it is no surprise that its Chevrolet twin doesn't either.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:35 AM   #91
Stroked84

Drives: Nothing fun, currently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
The headlights arent up at the top. Those are only the LED DRLs. The actual headlights are down where the foglights would normally be. This is the best looking Chevy outside of the Camaro and Impala that Ive seen in a long time. All their other vehicles are boring and bland.
Those are just the DRLs? Interesting. This is the nicest looking Chevy vehicle since the Grand Sport/Z06. Camaro and Impala don't hold a candle to either. I just hope they don't price this thing too high.
Stroked84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:43 AM   #92
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked84 View Post
Those are just the DRLs? Interesting. This is the nicest looking Chevy vehicle since the Grand Sport/Z06. Camaro and Impala don't hold a candle to either. I just hope they don't price this thing too high.
So this look is an emerging trend, first started with the Jeep Cherokee 3 or 4 years ago. It didn't really pull it off too well, and honestly I thought it looked terrible, except under certain lighting or just glancing at it going down the road...

Jeep has changed the front design for 2019 and in my opinion its much better.

I never thought anyone would adopt the design, but I was wrong. Now the new Hyundai Kona is doing it also and again I don't really care for it:

The Blazer seems to pull it off better.

Old 06-22-2018, 09:43 AM   #93
ABM2SS

Drives: 2010 SS M6 ABM
I'm not trading my Blazer for one of them...
Attached Images

ABM2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:54 AM   #94
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Its a Chevrolet Acadia, expect it to be priced as such.

IMO not really and i highly doubt it will be at most i would say low $40's. My 18' Acadia Denali's sticker price was around $51,000 loaded up.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:58 AM   #95
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
So this look is an emerging trend, first started with the Jeep Cherokee 3 or 4 years ago. It didn't really pull it off too well, and honestly I thought it looked terrible, except under certain lighting or just glancing at it going down the road...

Jeep has changed the front design for 2019 and in my opinion its much better.

I never thought anyone would adopt the design, but I was wrong. Now the new Hyundai Kona is doing it also and again I don't really care for it:

The Blazer seems to pull it off better.

Agreed. Blazer's DRLs are just positioned where the real headlights normally would be which is why it looks way more normal.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:03 AM   #96
KMPrenger

You guys saying this isn't a "real Blazer" Well...I can give you a tiny bit of slack...maybe they should have just gave it a new name.

Then again, I'm in my 30s, and I can easily tell you that the vast majority of buyers who hear the name Blazer are going to think back to the S-10 Blazer....not the older truck Blazer. So I'm not all that concerned here.

Blazer does have name recognition...so there's that which might actually help. Who knows.

I'm going to guess that Premier or RS trimmed models are going to start in the low to mid 40s.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:05 AM   #97
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Needs a V8... but then there's the Tahoe.

Camaro like interior and Cadillac SRX exterior
Old 06-22-2018, 10:16 AM   #98
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
You guys saying this isn't a "real Blazer" Well...I can give you a tiny bit of slack...maybe they should have just gave it a new name.

Then again, I'm in my 30s, and I can easily tell you that the vast majority of buyers who hear the name Blazer are going to think back to the S-10 Blazer....not the older truck Blazer. So I'm not all that concerned here.

Blazer does have name recognition...so there's that which might actually help. Who knows.

I'm going to guess that Premier or RS trimmed models are going to start in the low to mid 40s.

26 here and the only Blazer I remember growing up with was the S-10 based model.

The name is a non-issue for the vast majority of consumers. And like I've said before, "TrailBlazer" sounds way more of an off road SUV than "Blazer" while we're resurrecting nameplates.