Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-31-2011, 09:42 PM   #15
s/c ss

Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Quote:
Originally Posted by darnelhouston View Post
I installed 1inch drop springs from Eibach all round. And sway bars from BMR fully stiffened. And the 4 pt BMR strut tower brace.
What can I do to return to a more confortable ride?
You've installed the items above so of course your suspension is going to ride and feel stiffer. Springs are tighter so less "spring", sway bars are thicker so less "sway".
s/c ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #16
darnelhouston

Drives: '10SS, CAI, Resonators delete, Dyno
Quote:
Originally Posted by s/c ss View Post
You've installed the items above so of course your suspension is going to ride and feel stiffer. Springs are tighter so less "spring", sway bars are thicker so less "sway".
Thing is. The ride is horrible.
darnelhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:50 PM   #17
darnelhouston

It got worst after bottom out.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:53 PM   #18
PitchBlack
(with a little chrome)

Drives: The Black Knight
Quote:
Is it possible for your suspensions to stiffen up. Or somehow make your ride more painful. Recently my camaro has been driving really rough. I can feel even the smallest dips more than usual and cracks on the road.

I installed 1inch drop springs from Eibach all round. And sway bars from BMR fully stiffened. And the 4 pt BMR strut tower brace.

I did have all this installed for almost a month now but didn't notice much untlil just about a week ago.

*i have to say, a couple of night before I started to notice this poor ride- I was going about 50mph and went through a dip in the road. The car almost lost control. I hop so hard my head hit the top of the car. Bottomed out.

What can I do to return to a more confortable ride?
Go back to the suspension system that the Chevy engineers gave you to start with.

[COLOR=seagreen]Mods Installed:
Backup sensors
American Racing Rogue Wheels
AAC LED Interior Light Kit

Ordered:
BlingLights Fog Light Kit
AAC Footwell Ambient Lighting Kit
Complete Lamp Protection Kit
(Smoked Finish)
PitchBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:13 PM   #19
s/c ss

Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
+1
Old 01-01-2012, 01:50 AM   #20
darnelhouston

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchBlack View Post
Go back to the suspension system that the Chevy engineers gave you to start with.
But now I can take turns at 75mph
Old 01-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #21
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
I'd start in the vendor section of the marketplace and see what gets your attention.

Pedders, Pfadt, BC etc, you can't seem to go wrong with any of them. If you look outside C5, KW Variant 3's are pretty dang good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #22
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
I think this is why they tend to say that drop-springs are more of a cosmetic enhancement, sure it lowers the CG, but your damping rates are all screwed up based on the spring force now. I got sways and a strut bar and got the chance to tear up some mountain roads in the Eastern CA Sierras over the last week and all I can say is WOW, soooo much fun. Yeah, it would be neat if my car looked lower, but it's not worth the hassle with drop-springs.
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #23
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
Quote:
Any ideas or links on the parts I would need. I have some money saved. I was planning on changin my interior trim red and do some inserts. Darn it.
After the shop checks your car over and gives you an idea of what is wrong,give me a call and we can go over what you should do to prevent it from happening again.As said in this thread the coil overs are the best way to lower your camaro,and we still have the Pedders on sale if you are intersted.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #24
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce@raymondsperformance View Post
After the shop checks your car over and gives you an idea of what is wrong,give me a call and we can go over what you should do to prevent it from happening again.As said in this thread the coil overs are the best way to lower your camaro,and we still have the Pedders on sale if you are intersted.
+1 Give him a call and he will get you back up and running smooth in no time. Have to watch the drop springs as they will age your struts pretty quickly. Coilovers while a lot more expensive are a long term fix, you can get your car down lower and still mantain a good ride long term.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:17 AM   #25
darnelhouston

Okay thanks guys. Tomorrow I'll see into buying the bc coil overs. I'm on a tight budget that seems to be my only option -price/sale wise.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #26
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
If your ride quality was acceptable before hitting the dip, and then began to get worse from there make sure you get the car to a shop for a through inspection of the suspension up on a lift. Your ride quality shouldn't dramatically change a month after installing the suspension unless there is something damaged or maybe binding. A very hard look at the sway bars, endlinks, struts, all mounting points and condition of the control arms and bushings may turn up something that's been damaged after your hard impact.

A "blown" shock will likely leak, and feel loose and uncontrolled. If the car is feeling significantly firmer or more harsh than it did after you first installed the suspension package look for something binding or damaged. Either way a professional inspection should shed some light on the situation.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #27
EM1/SS

Drives: 11 2SS/RS M6 vert
I would try to find out what's wrong with it before I bought anything else.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #28
darnelhouston

Got it. Will get it checked. Just have so much going on. I will take it to a suspension shop.

Tags
bmr, eibach, ride quality, springs