Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-13-2016, 02:13 PM   #337
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Sorry, disregard.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:13 PM   #338
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
Same backlog?
No. It is not like when they were their own company. They have enough money to keep up these days.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 04:22 PM   #339
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Lol...OK. then it will be sooner than later. I will get with toughen ready. Any good deals might make me go faster...lol

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:21 PM   #340
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
Lol...OK. then it will be sooner than later. I will get with toughen ready. Any good deals might make me go faster...lol
Just let us know.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:16 PM   #341
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
My system should be here in about a week. Do you recommend buying better fastners? Or is that a waste?
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:41 AM   #342
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by satxrider View Post
My system should be here in about a week. Do you recommend buying better fastners? Or is that a waste?
No need. What did you order?
Old 04-25-2016, 10:29 AM   #343
RS Speedriver

Drives: 2018 camaro 1ss 1LE
man everyone know ARH is the top long tubes to go with. IF the COPO camaro has it says something right there. big thumbs up
RS Speedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:03 AM   #344
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS Speedriver View Post
man everyone know ARH is the top long tubes to go with. IF the COPO camaro has it says something right there. big thumbs up
COPO Camaro, Dodge Challenger Drag Pack, Mustang Cobra Jet, and Viper ACR-X all use them. That makes for a pretty strong case.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:40 PM   #345
satxrider
Bad 45th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
No need. What did you order?
Kooks stepped headers (coated), HF cats, and 3 inch exhaust. Took a long time for kooks to complete the order. I hope it was worth it. While waiting I replaced my clutch with a twin clutch from Monster and mounted Nittos 555s on the rear. Will have the car tuned in a few weeks. Hoping for an exciting summer.
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
Old 05-06-2016, 06:16 PM   #346
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Kooks stepped headers (coated), HF cats, and 3 inch exhaust. Took a long time for kooks to complete the order. I hope it was worth it. While waiting I replaced my clutch with a twin clutch from Monster and mounted Nittos 555s on the rear. Will have the car tuned in a few weeks. Hoping for an exciting summer.
Kooks makes a great product. It is not uncommon for there to be a delay this time of year. Everyone has Spring Fever! New hardware will be included.

Old 05-07-2016, 04:11 AM   #347
satxrider
Bad 45th

Thanks for the help and suggestions. I spent the day putting it all in. Some observations. Kooks appears to be a very high quality product. This fit was right on. They included locking header bolts by Stage 8. I went with the full system. Stepped LT headers, HF cats, 3 inch pipes and Kooks racing muffler. The sound is great, even better than the muffler delete with the stock manifold. The tone is deeper than the Borla Atak muffler, maybe it's due to the bigger pipes (3 vs 2.5). Now I'm off to get a dyno tune next week and see what gains I get. My baseline was 383 at the wheels.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:54 PM   #348
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Thanks for the help and suggestions. I spent the day putting it all in. Some observations. Kooks appears to be a very high quality product. This fit was right on. They included locking header bolts by Stage 8. I went with the full system. Stepped LT headers, HF cats, 3 inch pipes and Kooks racing muffler. The sound is great, even better than the muffler delete with the stock manifold. The tone is deeper than the Borla Atak muffler, maybe it's due to the bigger pipes (3 vs 2.5). Now I'm off to get a dyno tune next week and see what gains I get. My baseline was 383 at the wheels.
Kooks is very high quality. Pipe diameter does have an impact but the ATAK mufflers are acoustically tuned as well. They are pretty complex mufflers.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:35 PM   #349
satxrider
Bad 45th

Thanks for all the help. The headers and exhaust were installed. It sounds great! Compared to the baseline dynos I had done, I picked up 45hp with the exhaust and tune. 425rwhp now.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:57 PM   #350
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Anyone know of testing on a dyno to show differences between straight LT's and tri-y design? Would be an interesting comparison.

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american racing headers, kooks, long tube headers, pfadt, stainless works