Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #113
banter

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6 Black
I love Corvettes and the C7 is no exception. I was saving up for one until I came to the realization that I need a backseat more than I thought I did. This came with a perk though as I was able to get a new car now instead of in a year or two. I love Camaros, this will be my second, but they don't compare to Corvettes imo. Later in life I'll own one when I have the space and money to have 2 cars.
banter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #114
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by banter View Post
I love Corvettes and the C7 is no exception. I was saving up for one until I came to the realization that I need a backseat more than I thought I did. This came with a perk though as I was able to get a new car now instead of in a year or two. I love Camaros, this will be my second, but they don't compare to Corvettes imo. Later in life I'll own one when I have the space and money to have 2 cars.

Wait until you actually drive YOUR ZL1 and then compare the Corvette against it again. Might reconsider your way of thinking?
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #115
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
Wait until you actually drive YOUR ZL1 and then compare the Corvette against it again. Might reconsider your way of thinking?
...I concur wholeheartedly...drive one VS the other swetty palm adrenaline rush, for an extended period of time, and see which one you want to you want to walk away from, and which one beckons you back....body feel and comfort wise.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:02 PM   #116
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
I have not read the entire thread, but I own both, and im not sure I could give up my zl for the c7.. the c7 is very badass, but man is it cramped in there compared to my c6
I agree with you.

I'm sure the C7 is an awesome vehicle that drives and handles great but...........

Before I purchased my ZL1, I also looked at the C7. Once I sat inside and got a good feel for the interior space of the car, I knew it was a no-go. I cant fit in the darn thing. 6'5" with 38" inseam. I've owned a C5 & C6 but the C7 feels much smaller inside. Yes, it does give that cockpit feel that many love but workable space is sacrificed. I sat in the car for 15 minutes and literally couldn't move. My knees were touching the lower dash under the steering wheel. While sliding around on the seat a little, my knee hit the trunk release by mistake and popped the trunk. The seat was all the way down and back (which includes sitting almost straight up so I could slide the seat back as far as it would go). Huge, huge let down because I'm a Vette fan also.

I also agree with what others have said. The ZL1 is the baddest of Camaro's just as the ZR1 is the baddest of Vettes. Now that C7's are in circulation, the hype will die down on the current models and will shift to the Z06 (and possible ZR1's) when they are released.

In a nutshell, even if I could fit in the current C7 model, I still wouldn't purchase it over the ZL1 and I'm not even considering the Z06 (or possible ZR1) when they are released because if a fully loaded Z51 Stingray 3LT MSRP is 75K, I know I wont be willing to pay the price for either one of those upgraded models.

2016 Nightfall Gray Camaro SS

Last edited by Front Runner; 01-05-2014 at 06:59 AM.
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:08 AM   #117
blessedhellride

Drives: 2014 Z/28; 2014 Ram 2500 CTD
I wouldn't, the zl1 is a special kind of car, there are so many vettes out there. Id also hold out for the z06.
blessedhellride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #118
spideronjuice

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1 Ashen Gray Metallic
If your talking residuals and value, I would go with the ZL1 over the long run. If your talking performance, there is no comparisons. Your talking a pony car vs a sports car. Me myself I think it shows just how remarkable the ZL1 is, the fact that we are comparing it to the Corvette. If your going to mod it doesn't matter. The only C7 I would trade my ZL1 for would be the 2014 ZO6. The ZL1 is far from base, the C7 no matter what they tell you is base. The vettes are still "new" right now, but I promise you as a finance director, if your looking to keep the car for 3 years or more, the base model Corvette will not hold its value as well as the specialty Camaro ZL1. In reverse that would be like comparing a new SS Camaro to a new Corvette ZO6, there is no comparison, both great cars but they call it ZO6 for a reason.

Spider
2014 Camaro ZL1
Ashen Gray Metallic
spideronjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:13 PM   #119
Trekkie

Drives: Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via ICQ to Trekkie Send a message via AIM to Trekkie Send a message via MSN to Trekkie Send a message via Yahoo to Trekkie
Only thing about the c7 I like more than the zl1 is the dark green color they have. I'd really like that on a camaro zl1. Rather bummed there are so,little dark green color options out there these days.
Trekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #120
Dutchman427

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1329 M6
Dimitri, your old ZL1 is in good hands man. Picked it up this past Saturday.
2012 Camaro ZL1 #1329 M6 Summit White
Built by Mike @ Rapid Motorsports
784rwhp 757 rwtq on 93 Octane ET - 10.97 @ 128
Heads-Blower-Snout-TB ported & prepared by Jeremy Formato of FasterProms
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395950

Rapid Motorsports 396ci Build
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...1#post10321301
10.832 @ 130.99
Dutchman427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:41 PM   #121
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
I was planning on a C7, but after doing some research, I learned the ZL1 is better suited for me. The C7 is awesome and and edges out the ZL1 ever so slightly in acceleration, stock on stock, BUT bolt ons to bolt ons, the ZL1 wins in the acceleration department. For basic bolt ons, there isn't a huge improvement to be had with the C7. You have to go FI, nitrous or heads and cam to make a substantial difference. I didn't want to do any of those things with my next car, especially another car with active fuel management. My G8 GT turned into a nightmare. It really depends on what you want. It's definitely a bad ass ride and turns heads like a Lambo or Ferrari would!
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:58 PM   #122
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Ranger View Post
I evaluated both and am now waiting to order a zl1.

Combination of more room, having a back seat in a pinch and the fact that the zl1 is a special edition vs the current vette which will become a plain Jane vette when the factory catches up with demand is what swung me in that direction.
I also looked at both C7 and ZL1 and went with the ZL1. I'm 6'-4" and slim but felt really snug in the Vette. I also like the maxed out, badass nature of the ZL1 and felt the C7 would be just another used Vette in 5 years.

I read a great Automobile Mag article called "Sibling Rivalry" that compared the C6 Grand Sport to the ZL1. I thought this quote says it best

"These cars are two different answers to the same question; they offer similar braking, acceleration, and lateral-grip performance figures and yet feel nothing like each other. Picking a winner is a matter of taste and expectations."
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:10 PM   #123
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
I read a great Automobile Mag article called "Sibling Rivalry" that compared the C6 Grand Sport to the ZL1. I thought this quote says it best

"These cars are two different answers to the same question; they offer similar braking, acceleration, and lateral-grip performance figures and yet feel nothing like each other. Picking a winner is a matter of taste and expectations."
PERFECTLY said
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote