Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-17-2015, 04:25 PM   #1
forklord

Drives: 2010 2SS
Project: UNboost/Trackify

Hey guys figured id start a journal. Gonna see where this takes me. we have snow here til april/may and work is slow so I have a bit of time to do everything I need to do. I'm going n/a for a bit, maybe even for good. already got a head start on some decent suspension drivetrain parts. First things first!!

Just removed the E-force. Before:

After:

Valley cover plate would not come off so im leaving it on and keeping the PCV and EVAP lines the way they were with the eforce. hopefully it works out good like that!

Bye bye ya big hunk a metal! It was fun...

i removed the blower myself while sitting on the front frame and my foot got caught in between tranny cooling lines and some other stuff and i got a charlie horse....with the blower in my lap. i managed to escape eventually

just removed the crank balancer pulley and returning the tool to chevy. still a few things to do like remove the rad and water pump and valve covers to start changing the cam. I'll be on later to post up my goals and parts list so far. Hopefully get some good opinions and ideas. also have some more pics of some strange things while removing bits and pieces. stay tuned!
2010 2SS- 562whp/634wtq 12 psi on3 turbo 78mm magnum /w aem truboost, pat g cam, Kooks 3" catback, Factory Rep 41s with 285/315 20" michelin PSS, Snow Meth, Hex Hood Vents, ZL1 FP & ADM FPCM /w JMS BAP, ID 850s, DSS lvl 4 axles & aluminum 1 piece D/S, Total Pro BMR bushings, fe4 sways, toe rods & trailing arms, Prothane engine mounts, MGW shifter, eaton true trac, mantic 9000 clutch, idealg master cylinder, JDP clutch oil reservoir, ram clutch pedal adjust, Tick clutch & bleed lines, Dewitts Rad

Last edited by forklord; 02-17-2015 at 04:31 PM. Reason: dropbox for image sharing is a no go lol
forklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 04:38 PM   #2
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Now that you escaped, what is the master plan?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:14 PM   #3
forklord

well until the canadian dollar gets better im staying stock cubes and n/a. waiting on your knuckle/coilover package. already have a lot of bmr pieces as you can see in the sig. ill be doing some work on replacing and adjusting some of them which ill get to in a few days hopefully.

Parts ordered so far:

custom pat g specd cam
ls9 head gaskets
arp head bolts
improved racing oil pan baffles
vitesse thrttole controller
dewitts radiator
stainless brake lines
hawk 5.0 pads
motul rbf fluid
tow hook

waiting on orange crush 1le's writeup on his oil cooler setup as well. wondering about a diff cooling setup as well as the tranny cooling options.
2010 2SS- 562whp/634wtq 12 psi on3 turbo 78mm magnum /w aem truboost, pat g cam, Kooks 3" catback, Factory Rep 41s with 285/315 20" michelin PSS, Snow Meth, Hex Hood Vents, ZL1 FP & ADM FPCM /w JMS BAP, ID 850s, DSS lvl 4 axles & aluminum 1 piece D/S, Total Pro BMR bushings, fe4 sways, toe rods & trailing arms, Prothane engine mounts, MGW shifter, eaton true trac, mantic 9000 clutch, idealg master cylinder, JDP clutch oil reservoir, ram clutch pedal adjust, Tick clutch & bleed lines, Dewitts Rad

Last edited by forklord; 02-27-2015 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:28 PM   #4
forklord

http://store.pfadtracing.com/5th-gen-camaro-coil-overs/

I thought pfadt went out of business but afe sent me a pm saying theyre back in business thru them? Havent heard much about these since?

anyway check this out. i found a few things that may be causing my front end "woosh" "whump" sounds when i hit some small bumps at slow speeds.

Passenger side control arm:

drivers side:

you can see on the passenger side the bushing looks like it took some damage somehow.

then theres the matter of the sway bar hitting the radius rod bracket when the front end is on jack stands. the sway bar brackets are movable and theyre all the way towards the front of the car so i think i should move them all the way back. you cant see the hole in the sway bare bracket bolt thingy on this side, but the bolt on the other side has it showing on the front side, so the whole sway bare could be pushed back a ways. see if this photo helps explain:

I didnt do the suspension stuff myself. My buddy at chevy did it on the side for cheap and i was busy. made life easier. dunno if i regret that decision or not now lol.

heres the final thing i found on the drivers side:

See the rubbing on the body??
WTF

So i'm gonna swap that control arm bushing, move the sway bar all the way back towards the engine I think. dont see any paint on the tire or rim from that rubbing. see what happens. also wondering what position i should have the sway bars in front and rear now with the supercharger gone? theyre both in the middle position.
Also my buddy didnt adjust the end links on the sway bars. wondering how I do that and at what height should i set them??