Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-02-2016, 09:45 AM   #43
blancaesq12

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron123 View Post
At this point it is still unknown if the car was run with little or no oil or the engine was defective (did your Auto Tech Dad or Brother take a look at it?).
From stated facts above (severe hail damage and severe engine damage) ... maybe sell the car to your brother, per your suggestion ...
Then buy a fully electric vehicle as replacement (not hybrid) since you do not ever check the oil level or have anyone do that for you (service station attendants use to perform that oil check for free when they filled up the tank) .
Ron
They live out of town so they haven't taken a look at it.

I am just weighing my options and wanted to take a last shot to see if The dealership or GM would be willing to assist whether I keep it or sell it eventually.

I still have a positive outlook due to the hail damage claim. I was just really attached to my car and was planning on having a nice paint job, with different stripes, etc. I am just blessed I didn't get to fix the hail damage and now I can use that money to pay off my balance and put some money down on a new car.
blancaesq12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:54 AM   #44
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
Just be persistent in trying to get them to help you. 1) you're not too far out of warranty. 2) 2,100 miles after an oil change and there's no oil? Either it was incorrectly filled, or your engine sucked it up. I would believe you'd see some smoke if it went through that much oil in such a short period of time. My experience with gm is to be gentle and polite but firm, reasonable and persistent. Good luck to you.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:28 AM   #45
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Well, if nothing else and you end up selling the car, you could trade up to an SS or something without that cruddy V6. Before I get lynched for saying it's a cruddy v6, I mean the engine as a whole not that anyone should feel bad for owing a V6 muscle car.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:36 AM   #46
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
this makes me seriously consider getting rid of my 2010 llt camaro
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:40 AM   #47
blancaesq12

I NEVER saw any smoke. I am visiting the dealership and Service Dept today. Thank you for the advice! I will be polite but persistent.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:42 AM   #48
blancaesq12

I love my Camaro but possibly moving on to an SUV.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:43 AM   #49
blancaesq12

I learned my lesson! Going to check the oil every day if needed! ��
Old 06-02-2016, 10:45 AM   #50
blancaesq12

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahak2 View Post
OP That's too bad. Since you still owe some you got full coverage auto insurance right. Cant you get your insurance to cover it?

Kevin
I don't know if my insurance would cover it. They already cut me a check for 8,600 for hail damage. I don't know if they would help due to the depreciation of the car. I am using that check to pay off the 3,500 I owe the lien holder.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:55 AM   #51
grahak2

Drives: 2021 scatpack challenger 6spd cinna
Quote:
Originally Posted by blancaesq12 View Post
I don't know if my insurance would cover it. They already cut me a check for 8,600 for hail damage. I don't know if they would help due to the depreciation of the car. I am using that check to pay off the 3,500 I owe the lien holder.
I hear yah, but that is what I would do and to be honest until I bought my Camaro I never checked the oil as well. I thought the car would alert you way in advance if it had a problem. Still not sure why they don't. I mean if you got a low oil message you would take care of it.

Also I am sure the insurance company has received claims that seem to fall into close proximity. Usually bad stuff happens all at once.

Kevin
grahak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:06 AM   #52
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
I learned my lesson! Going to check the oil every day if needed! ��
Daily might be an overkill. I do every other fill up.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:12 AM   #53
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Damn... this has gotta be the 3rd Blown LLT in the passed 3weeks on this forum. Unfortunately I can say welcome to the club. Mine blew last March but was still under warranty. I can tell you that both options of a New crate motor and the repair by GM are expensive. I opted for the New crate motor in hopes that the issues seen in the 2010-11 wouldn't translate to a 2015 LLT crate motor. Your best option is to do the cheaper GM repair and then sell the vehicle bc it will never be the same.
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:15 PM   #54
blancaesq12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
Have you thought about starting a "GoFundMe" page and listing your story? If you do, I'll donate some cash .... Sorry about your situation! I'd hate to be in that situation as would anyone I'm sure in this forum on a tight budget.

I'm on a very tight budget but am willing to donate some cash (won't be much but every penny helps).
I appreciate it but I understand that SHIT happens. I am still in a good situation due to a hail damage claim. But I still appreciate the thought!
Old 06-02-2016, 02:00 PM   #55
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
The fact is Direct Injection engines are bad designs and they use oil from blowback. Most people don't expect a new car in this day and age to be using any oil. Sure the DI are more efficient and add more power but it has serious design issues. Not only that as others have said the low engine oil lamp doesn't even come on until its too late. Another serious flaw.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:04 PM   #56
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
They live out of town so they haven't taken a look at it.

I am just weighing my options and wanted to take a last shot to see if The dealership or GM would be willing to assist whether I keep it or sell it eventually.

I still have a positive outlook due to the hail damage claim. I was just really attached to my car and was planning on having a nice paint job, with different stripes, etc. I am just blessed I didn't get to fix the hail damage and now I can use that money to pay off my balance and put some money down on a new car.
Wife had a Buick that was out of warranty and the intake manifold failed. Burn through at internal EGR line, causing internal coolant leak. GM fully covered the repair the first time this happened. Then again near 110,000 miles all covered except for $50. They did the work out of "Customer Goodwill". The third time I just replaced it myself with a better aftermarket assembly. If you are very attached to the car it is worth a shot to see what maybe can be worked out between Chevy and the dealer. Being Service Techs you probably could get great advice from your dad and brother.
Wife hates any down time on her vehicle for routine maintenance and I did recommend a fully electric for her next vehicle.
Ron
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blown engine, oil consumption, warranty problem engine