Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-13-2016, 08:51 PM   #1
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
First post on C6

I had a 5th Gen 2SS for about 5 years and contributed to the C5 forum all the time. Unfortunately I had to sell it about a year and a half ago due to a job change and quit coming back to the forums. Now things are starting to settle down with my job situation and I'm starting to miss having a daily muscle car again. Luckily I still have my '69 or I would have really gone nuts.

At first I didn't like the 6th Gen. I've been biased towards my 5th Gen because I like the more retro look towards the 1st Gen Camaro. I still haven't seen a 6th Gen in person but they are already starting to grow on me. Part of me would like to go look at one at a dealership but that would be like letting a recovering alcoholic have just one beer.

I thought my next muscle car was going to be a C7 Corvette but I finally got to sit in one a few weeks back and at 6' 6" the C7 is never going to happen for me. Then I started eyeing the 2015 Mustang which I really like as well but the more I'm looking at the C6 Camaro the more I'm liking it.

Well, off to start lurking more on the C6 forum so I can learn the visual ques of an SS vs V6 so I'll be able to discern one when I see it on the road.

And, so far, I think I would have to go with a Hot Red C6 but without any stripes this time.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:27 PM   #2
alfonsoj23

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
Cool man! Nice to hear you're thinking about buying a gen6! This cars at awesome
alfonsoj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:27 PM   #3
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
Red hot and hyper blue are some pretty spectacular color choices on this new 6th gen Camaro. I too like the new mustangs, however, don't love them. There is something special about this new Camaro. Everything that made the 5th gen great for me is still there, except better! It's always easy to get caught up in the hype of a new car, but I truly believe GM/Chevy have done something special here.

Good luck in your decision and welcome back to the Camaro forums!!
Old 01-14-2016, 12:04 AM   #4
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Welcome back!
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 12:09 AM   #5
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
They truly are a step up from the gen5s no doubt, if you're having a hard time holing back now just wait till you do see one in person!!