Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-13-2018, 05:23 PM   #1
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Drives: 2015 RS LFX Red Hot A6
Halo light times out

How do I get the RS halo parking lights to stay on when I turn the car off. I obviously turned the light switch from auto to parking lights, but they time out. I want them to stay on for shows.
H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
15RS2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:42 PM   #2
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
That's the 10 minute battery saver feature.
You could leave the key on. Make sure your jumper box is charged and in the trunk.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:31 AM   #3
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

How do I disable it?
H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
Old 12-14-2018, 06:42 AM   #4
VickyLyn

Drives: perfectly pink
Not the best thing for the battery for sure.
VickyLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 03:33 PM   #5
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
When you are at a show, connect a battery tender.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:05 PM   #6
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Can we get back on topic?

I find it hard that nobody knows how to stop the headlights from timing out on our cars after the vehicle has been shut off. I'm not worried about the battery, as I'm only looking to have them on for about half hour at a time. I want to turn the parking lights (halo on my RS) to add some coolness to the car while parked, and spectators looking at her.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:54 PM   #7
Buckeye
Buckeye

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Fog lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15RS2NV View Post

I find it hard that nobody knows how to stop the headlights from timing out on our cars after the vehicle has been shut off. I'm not worried about the battery, as I'm only looking to have them on for about half hour at a time. I want to turn the parking lights (halo on my RS) to add some coolness to the car while parked, and spectators looking at her.

I installed the Night Owl lighting system on my car. The fogs connect to the added circuit board and they stay on until I turn them off with my cell phone or the included switch. The kit came with a circuit board, switch, wiring, mini wi-fi station, RGB LEDs, and software to run via iPhone, iPad, or iPod.

I did not find any other way to do it years ago.
Night Owl is no longer in business but you might find someone who bought and never installed them or has them available for some other reason. I also replaced the LEDs lighting the the halos with RGB LEDs. I can set the halos to different colors or run color changing patterns on them at shows. I went with this kit as the headlights did not have to be baked open and glued shut to change the halo LEDs.

I am also in the Tucson area; perhaps I'll see you at a Tucson Camaro meeting? If so, I'll demo them for you.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:07 PM   #8
Zezima

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15RS2NV View Post

You would need an external power source for the headlights, meaning wire splitting and making it into the harness. And of course the power source you go with would have to be charged. So you would have to be responsible for charging it up before car meets or whatever you need them on for. But yeah if you have external power, a ground somewhere on the car, and a way of getting it into the harness then go for it
Zezima is offline   Reply With Quote