Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #155
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
All I want is my can! I'll make any bracket work. Lol
Old 06-23-2013, 12:53 AM   #156
nebchevy

Drives: 2011 2SS SGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1106 View Post
All I want is my can! I'll make any bracket work. Lol

good luck on even getting your can let alone the bracket

Old 06-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #157
2013zl1guy

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Here is my experience with RX:

April 20 - I put my order in

May 19 - I inquire about the status of the catch can. At this point I don't have my car yet so I didn't mind it was taking longer than expected.

May 20 - I get a reply that my order should ship in the next week w/ tracking info

May 31 - I request another update as I still haven't received the catch can or heard anything. My car is soon to be delivered.

June 4 - I get a reply that my order is moved up in line to be included with the next batch. It should ship by the end of the week.

June 14 - I have my car now and really want my can. I express my concern that I haven't got the can and keep getting the runaround. Same day I get a reply that my order is in the current batch, it is in paint+production.

June 18 - I request to cancel my order. I'm told it is ready to ship, do I want it cancelled or shipped. I say ship it. I'm told it will ship today and I'll have a tracking number the next morning.

June 19 - I request the tracking number

June 20 - My order has not shipped. Someone that was responsible in the company was terminated yada yada. My order will ship asap. I reply that I would like to cancel my order and want a refund (via email). Later I tried calling and left a message.

June 21 - tried calling twice and no answer or phone calls back. End of the day I open a dispute with my credit card company. At this point RX is not communicating anymore, I'm out of money I paid for 2 months ago and want it back.

Needless to say I put in an order for an Elite Engineering can. I already have tracking info and it should arrive this week.

It's too bad about RX, I'm sure the product is great and I'd prefer to use it with the dual valves... but I'm sick and tired of the BS I keep getting.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #158
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
WAIT 7 WEEKS FOR RX DUAL CATCH CAN AND LOOKS LIKE CRAP, WITH THE WRONG BRACKET

Got my can and TB from RX a while back.

Had no issues with shipping or support.

Does what is intended!
Old 06-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #159
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
I could mount the cans with a coat hanger and duct tape and it wouldn't affect performance one bit. I guess I'm a bit more "technical" than some. Point is, it works or it doesn't. I'm about making things work.

I suppose there are ways to screw just about anything up. Does the o-ring on the Elite can need to be replaced at some point? Probably. Can someone actually not figure out how to close a valve? Likely.

Good thing the ignition keys these days fit no matter which side is up.

John B.
QFT, I truly believe some people need to just leave the car alone, if they don't want to pay someone with smarts to work on a car.. Now I'm not putting down someone that can't work on a car, some people understand some don't, everybody is smarter at doing something, that someone else don't.

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
Old 06-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #160
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Here is my Elite..

Works just fine, and the build quality is second to none..
Attached Images

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
Old 06-24-2013, 12:54 AM   #161
SynergyGreenMachine

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS M6
Geez my story sounds a lot like zl1guy. I ordered mine April 1st. Still waiting. Twice I've inquired about it. Twice I've heard end of the week, tracking number will be emailed. Just sent a email form thing to them from their website as I work so i can't even call this week. I'm sure it's a nice can...if you ever get it
Old 06-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #162
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyGreenMachine View Post
Geez my story sounds a lot like zl1guy. I ordered mine April 1st. Still waiting. Twice I've inquired about it. Twice I've heard end of the week, tracking number will be emailed. Just sent a email form thing to them from their website as I work so i can't even call this week. I'm sure it's a nice can...if you ever get it
Oh Boy, April first, ordered mine the 26th, and I was told last week, or was that the week before, mine is up next. So according to their build schedule it must take them two weeks to make one can. I'm three weeks behind you, and I'm starting to think sending an email is pointless, they're gana tell me "end of the week" again this week. I'd rather have an honest answer, I think that's what is really pissing everybody off the most. A line of BS is just that, BS!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #163
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
So any insight into why the account was suspended? I assume being late on cans isn't the reason?
Old 06-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #164
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
So any insight into why the account was suspended? I assume being late on cans isn't the reason?
Vocal disputes
Old 06-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #165
cbass

Drives: .
I got my catch can and it looks great. No problems with the paint or bracket on my end so that may give hope to the ones waiting. I also had a custom request of both check valves and no check valves that Tracy was very kind to fulfill and everything seems right there. I will post pictures later.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #166
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013zl1guy View Post
Here is my experience with RX:

April 20 - I put my order in

May 19 - I inquire about the status of the catch can. At this point I don't have my car yet so I didn't mind it was taking longer than expected.

May 20 - I get a reply that my order should ship in the next week w/ tracking info

May 31 - I request another update as I still haven't received the catch can or heard anything. My car is soon to be delivered.

June 4 - I get a reply that my order is moved up in line to be included with the next batch. It should ship by the end of the week.

June 14 - I have my car now and really want my can. I express my concern that I haven't got the can and keep getting the runaround. Same day I get a reply that my order is in the current batch, it is in paint+production.

June 18 - I request to cancel my order. I'm told it is ready to ship, do I want it cancelled or shipped. I say ship it. I'm told it will ship today and I'll have a tracking number the next morning.

June 19 - I request the tracking number

June 20 - My order has not shipped. Someone that was responsible in the company was terminated yada yada. My order will ship asap. I reply that I would like to cancel my order and want a refund (via email). Later I tried calling and left a message.

June 21 - tried calling twice and no answer or phone calls back. End of the day I open a dispute with my credit card company. At this point RX is not communicating anymore, I'm out of money I paid for 2 months ago and want it back.

Needless to say I put in an order for an Elite Engineering can. I already have tracking info and it should arrive this week.

It's too bad about RX, I'm sure the product is great and I'd prefer to use it with the dual valves... but I'm sick and tired of the BS I keep getting.
This seems to be the fall back excuse with them.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #167
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Man, why can't they see that this sort of crap is killing them?
Old 06-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #168
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013zl1guy View Post
Ordered my RX catch can April 20. I still have not received it. Thinking about elite now, very interested in what it takes to install one (if I need to modify a bracket).
Cancel your order, get your money back, and get an Elite.

I just got my RX can this past Friday. I ordered it 04/04. To try and get my can, I called, PM'd Tracy, E-mailed Tracy, and ultimately had to call daily the last week before it shipped.

Here's the thing - I did ALL the "non-public" communications to ensure my order was fulfilled but, I get it after 8+ weeks and it had paint issues (I ordered it RJT to match my car). The missing paint/scuff/scratch is on the can by the bracket so you can't really see it after it is installed. So, I installed it. The main reason I bought this can is because of it's effectiveness; cosmetics second. However, they did such a good paint job on my VMax TB a year or so ago, I was expecting a much better outcome on the paint.

It gets better......

The RX decal on my TB is a red R and white X which stands out really well against the TB. The catch can comes with black X instead which, on top of RJT is hard to see. No problem....I will just take off the decal.....but nooooo....the paint starts coming off with the decal!!!! Now I got a bad paint job to begin with and now a decal that looks like crap with the paint coming off underneath.....after 8 weeks no less.

I realize I can just remove the can, sand it down, and touch it up but that is NOT the point. I expected a quality product; inside and out. Didn't get that.

I know I can just return it for a refund but, at this point, I am so tired of dealing with RX that I will just leave the can alone for a while and touch it up after I get motivated enough.

I work with anyone to try and make things right, many times over, and I don't do it in the court of public opinion. However, when it gets this ridiculous, I just need to let others know.

By the way, the can is easy to install. The RX instructions are not the best but they get the idea across.

Closed Thread