Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
I own VIN - 2G1FS1EP1C9800213

In 2009, I surprised my wife with a 2012 SS/RS. I kept the secret for about 2 months and gave it to her on our 27th wedding anniversary.

This past saturday, 4/7/2012 she convinced me that we needed to go the Chevrolet dealer to look at the new Camaro and that we should maybe trade hers in. I was emphatic about telling her there were no "new" camaro's in the DFW area. The ZL1's had been delayed and were only now getting released. Thinking if a dealer did have one, surely it was allocated/sold and there was no chance I could do anything but look from the outside. But hey I was having a good day so I went along with her plan as she assured me that my son told her he saw one there. Thats when I started to get suspicious.

Upon arriving, my son is there with the sales person we normally deal with. He goes into a song and dance about how its the general managers car, and what would it take to convince him to part with it....yada yada yada....

After admiring the car a little longer, my son walks up to me and says....congratulations on your new ZL1 and hands me the keys....Apparently 8-9 months ago they conspired to surprise me with my dream car.

Btw...we still have her 2010, I let go of my 08 Z06 to make room for this beauty...

Untitled by ZOHHH6, on Flickr

Untitled by ZOHHH6, on Flickr

Last edited by rmyers; 04-19-2012 at 10:56 PM.
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
Janet

Drives: 2015 Z06, 06 Silverado,
Mike got home from Las Vegas and finally got a chance to drive the new baby. We took a run part way up the San Bernardino mountains and it was a wonderful way for him to really get a nice intro to our new car. Here are a couple pics that we took.
Janet
Attached Images

Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
Janet

Another pic
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
Janet

One more pic
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
Kscarguy

Drives: 1956 Chevy, 2000 vette, 2010 camaro
#473 is headed home

# 473
Attached Images

Kscarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #6
BigMikeZL1
Sinister

Drives: 2012 ZL1 /Chevy tahoe 07
pic
Attached Images

BigMikeZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #7
SIRLOIN
Banned

Drives: Ms. Daisy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFrez View Post
I took delivery of my ZL1 #181 this afternoon from Buff Whelan Chevrolet in Sterling Heights, MI. Amazing car!!!

2012 Camaro ZL1 by ChrisFrez, on Flickr

You can also view more on my Flickr page at Flickr: ChrisFrez's Photostream

Car is sick!!!...Paint looks flawless as well!

Did you do any kinda of polishing or paint correcting during your detail?
SIRLOIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:09 AM   #8
camarocam

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Official BLACK ZL1 Photos Thread

The wait has been a long and emotional process however I now have my car, black serial number 107, automatic, polished wheels, sunroof, suede inserts, foot well and cup holder lighting kit. Today we spent quite a bit of time detailing it up and looking it over very closely and I am pleased to say that the car is even better than I would have hoped! I would not change a thing. Although we had to claybar it and detail it up after it sat built since Feb 2nd, I am pleased to say that it cleaned up really nicely. My highly experienced detailing friend that was helping me mentioned that he was suprisingly very impressed by the build quality of the car. In particular he was impressed by the leather and the overall interior design of the ZL1 and said the leather and seat quality surpasses some Mercedes, BMW, and other factory new high end cars he has worked on recently. He mentioned that it appeared GM has really stepped up their game on this car.

The car handles wonderfully! It is suprisingly smooth in the corners yet very controlled. The power is sudden and yet smooth through the auto transmission. The Manual mode with paddle shifters is quick and responsive. The car accelerates very well and the growl it lets off lets makes me feel I am behind the controls of a jet. The car has great ramp appeal, even when completely dirty at delivery it drew a lot of attention driving to fill up the gas tank. Everything from how the seats feel (by the way I would take these seats over recaro any day, these are much more comfortable seats, and no my butt is not big, I weigh 190) and the seat quality (leather and quality stitch patterns) to how the car sits in its proud stance, tells me this is my best car purchase ever! I plan on holding on to this ZL1 indefinitely. I have test driven the SS which I almost purchased and this car feels and handles like it is a completely different car. (The SS handles nicely also, but in a different league all together) Tomorrow I will have tint completed. Well done Chevy! This is my first GM car and I am very impressed! I originally worried that for the 60K price tag would it be that much better then the amazing Camaro SS ?, well I now have my answer. Yes it is.

(P.S. I could care less about fuel consumption on a car like this, but its worth mentioning that this beast loves to drink the high octane fuel, especially when it is new, oh but dont get me wrong, I am oh so glad to feed it, because what it gives me in return is an amazing ride, with throw you back in your seat power like no other in its class! And if you want the roar and power of a lion you have to feed it accordingly).
Attached Images

camarocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:54 AM   #9
camarocam

Drives: Camaro ZL1
More pics from this beauty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarocam View Post
The wait has been a long and emotional process however I now have my car, black serial number 107, automatic, polished wheels, sunroof, suede inserts, foot well and cup holder lighting kit. Today we spent quite a bit of time detailing it up and looking it over very closely and I am pleased to say that the car is even better than I would have hoped! I would not change a thing. Although we had to claybar it and detail it up after it sat built since Feb 2nd, I am pleased to say that it cleaned up really nicely. My highly experienced detailing friend that was helping me mentioned that he was suprisingly very impressed by the build quality of the car. In particular he was impressed by the leather and the overall interior design of the ZL1 and said the leather and seat quality surpasses some Mercedes, BMW, and other factory new high end cars he has worked on recently. He mentioned that it appeared GM has really stepped up their game on this car.

The car handles wonderfully! It is suprisingly smooth in the corners yet very controlled. The power is sudden and yet smooth through the auto transmission. The Manual mode with paddle shifters is quick and responsive. The car accelerates very well and the growl it lets off lets makes me feel I am behind the controls of a jet. The car has great ramp appeal, even when completely dirty at delivery it drew a lot of attention driving to fill up the gas tank. Everything from how the seats feel (by the way I would take these seats over recaro any day, these are much more comfortable seats, and no my butt is not big, I weigh 190) and the seat quality (leather and quality stitch patterns) to how the car sits in its proud stance, tells me this is my best car purchase ever! I plan on holding on to this ZL1 indefinitely. I have test driven the SS which I almost purchased and this car feels and handles like it is a completely different car. (The SS handles nicely also, but in a different league all together) Tomorrow I will have tint completed. Well done Chevy! This is my first GM car and I am very impressed! I originally worried that for the 60K price tag would it be that much better then the amazing Camaro SS ?, well I now have my answer. Yes it is.

(P.S. I could care less about fuel consumption on a car like this, but its worth mentioning that this beast loves to drink the high octane fuel, especially when it is new, oh but dont get me wrong, I am oh so glad to feed it, because what it gives me in return is an amazing ride, with throw you back in your seat power like no other in its class! And if you want the roar and power of a lion you have to feed it accordingly).
Added some more pictures of tonights detailing party. I will put on more after it is tinted tomorrow.
Attached Images

camarocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #10
oneoffrobb

Drives: 2012 camaro ZL1
Official BLACK ZL1 Photos Thread

JUST PICKED IT UP SATURDAY AND IT IS TRULY A BEAST!!!!!!
Attached Images

oneoffrobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #11
oneoffrobb

Drives: 2012 camaro ZL1
ZL1

I ORDERED FROM PUTNUM IN BURLINGHAME I PAID 5K OVER STICKER
Attached Images

oneoffrobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #12
Houston94vert

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT500
Damn good looking ZL1's guys! I love black cars!!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #13
tfghung

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
all of the black cars are beautiful. I love the story from the OP
tfghung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #14
Andys562

Drives: Black 2011 2LT RS
I need those rims!
Black Painted Heritage Grill, Emblem-less.
Black Rear Bowtie.
AAC P13 DRL's.
AAC License Plate LED's.
AAC Dome Light/Trunk Light.
AAC Tinted Sidemarkers.
AAC SMD Afterburners.
MRT V1 Exhaust.
PFADT 1.25" Lowering Springs.
Andys562 is offline   Reply With Quote