Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-04-2018, 01:19 PM   #43
Gordy87

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy87 View Post
Ok so according to diagram on Scosche and HU, I should have them hooked up right. I checked voltage on the 12v constant (yellow) with car off and door open, wire does have 12v. Then I checked the 12v ACC (red) with car off and door open (I assume this should be the wire that drops out) but it still had constant 12v also. I will try to upload photo of the schematic also. Unplugged Scosche kit completely, and the radio will go off, but from what I can tell, it all runs thru this unit anyway.

AND HAPPY 4TH TO EVERYONE.......
"UPDATE"

So after further troubleshooting, I found that the issue goes away with factory unit installed back in. I can only assume that the Scosche kit is allowing the 12v ACC (red) wire to remain energized. Anyone else ever see this?
Gordy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:15 AM   #44
mexiken

Drives: Sofia: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy87 View Post
"UPDATE"

So after further troubleshooting, I found that the issue goes away with factory unit installed back in. I can only assume that the Scosche kit is allowing the 12v ACC (red) wire to remain energized. Anyone else ever see this?
No, haven't seen this at all. Maybe try re-wiring from scratch????
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

mexiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:26 AM   #45
mchaggis

Drives: 2011 L99 2SS
Well my Scosche kit finally arrived today. Not happy tho. Consider one NZ$ = about US0.68 so you’d expect to pay in NZ with shipping a bit less than 2X the US price. The US price was $284 so say $550 which would be bad enough. Well I got shafted with Ebay’s Global Shipping Program and once they added their “fees” it cost me $681. Now the worst bit... it got broken in transit. It’s almost snapped in half and one of the tabs at the top beside the hazard switch is broken off.
Now what the hell do I do...... Sorry. I needed to vent!
mchaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:15 PM   #46
oslouie

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchaggis View Post
Well my Scosche kit finally arrived today. Not happy tho. Consider one NZ$ = about US0.68 so you’d expect to pay in NZ with shipping a bit less than 2X the US price. The US price was $284 so say $550 which would be bad enough. Well I got shafted with Ebay’s Global Shipping Program and once they added their “fees” it cost me $681. Now the worst bit... it got broken in transit. It’s almost snapped in half and one of the tabs at the top beside the hazard switch is broken off.
Now what the hell do I do...... Sorry. I needed to vent!
If you're handy with fiberglass, you can repair it and repaint it but it does have a warranty if you bought it new and decide to go that route. Shipping might be killer though. What about insurance? Did the seller insure the package?
oslouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:10 PM   #47
mchaggis

The seller is happy to replace it so I might go that way yet. I think shipping will be around $80 or so. Ouch! But it's the time. A round trip will most likely take 20-30 days I guess. The break at the two halves is the easy bit. It's the tag that holds it into the dash at the top that's the problem. Maybe plain old superglue is the answer for this bit?
Old 07-11-2018, 10:42 PM   #48
mexiken

Drives: Sofia: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
JVC Head unit here with a Metra kit .
Do you have a pic of the setup????
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

mexiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:09 PM   #49
oslouie

Quote:
The seller is happy to replace it so I might go that way yet. I think shipping will be around $80 or so. Ouch! But it's the time. A round trip will most likely take 20-30 days I guess. The break at the two halves is the easy bit. It's the tag that holds it into the dash at the top that's the problem. Maybe plain old superglue is the answer for this bit?
Pictures of the damage would help determine if I would keep it or not. Forget the turnaround time...$80 return shipping down the hole for something that was out of your control?
Old 07-12-2018, 11:05 PM   #50
mchaggis

Here you go...

Name:  IMG_6644.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  165.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6646.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  112.3 KB
Old 07-13-2018, 07:17 PM   #51
oslouie

Quote:
Yeah, I'd probably keep it instead of shelling out another $80. That looks like the bottom part which will be out of sight anyways. Looks like epoxy would fix it plus a little sanding and repaint if you want but if the cost to reship justifies you getting another unit then by all means...do so. After all, you did pay for a brand new dash kit.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:44 PM   #52
mchaggis

Thanks for your help.
I ended up ringing them today as their chat service is always offline and my message went unanswered. They said that a cyanoacrylate glue would be best for repairs so I’m going to try.
The wiring is different to the manual. These guys could do with a lesson in customer service it seems. I’m going to start a new post to try to resolve the actual wiring so anyone else that buys this kit can wire it up correctly without having to guess.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:11 AM   #53
mchaggis

With the aid of a heat gun I managed to soften things enough so the two parts sat together nicely. Before they were under tension when pulled together. Once sitting nice I got out the soldering iron and plastic welded it back together. I glued the tag back on and plastic welded it in areas where there was a gap. It’s now looking great. Fingers crossed.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:40 PM   #54
catman3516

Drives: 2011 camero 2lt coupe
what radio number is that

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD DAB View Post
I went with the PAC audio unit too. So far it’s working very well.
which kenwood radio is that
catman3516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:09 PM   #55
cashby02

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap Guy View Post
With the PAC kit you get a separate chime module to replace the factory turn signal and door chimes. It sounds a bit chintzy compared to the stock chime but it does the job.

Kinda old thread, but I love the aftermarket chime that came with PAC. It has a volume adjuster and I have it turned down to a whisper. No more loud repetitive clicking sitting at eternal red lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cashby02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 07:26 PM   #56
rsrsrs

Drives: '11 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexiken View Post
I ended up going with the Scosche 2.0 (ITCGM01B) kit and a Kenwood Excelon DDX9905s head unit. Couldn't be happier!!!! It looks and works great!!!!
Does this setup make it hard to see the 4 pack Gauges?
rsrsrs is offline   Reply With Quote