Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

View Poll Results: If offered through GMPP/GM Accessories, would you purchase the longer stripes?
Yes! I want my stripes to end on the front facia and I will pay more for them. 138 60.53%
No. The current hood length stripes are sufficient. 48 21.05%
I am not getting stripes. It does not matter to me, but I just wanted to answer a poll! :p 42 18.42%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 07:25 PM   #155
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Looks like we have a final answer.

Thank you very much, Scott!

and for those who really wanted the longer stripes, I truly am sorry that they won't be offered. I know there's some who felt pretty passionate about them.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:39 PM   #156
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Calm down everyone.

The decision to make the stripes shorter is one of assembly issues.

I went thru this with the 35th Anniversary cars -- when you 'cross' openings, there is substantial 'scrappage' because unless the edges align EXACTLY, we will strip and start over -- and that adds HUGE cost to do so. (so please, whoever is saying that it doesn't cost any more to install a longer stripe -- it's not a true statement.......) Further, polls are good -- but I can also show you a poll where 87% of people polled said they'd pay $1,000 to add leather fragrance to a Buick Regal a few years back.......(leather does not naturally smell like you think it does......) I'm here to tell you that the Buick poll was FLAWED in that very few people are gonna pay that kind of money -- regardless of what they said they'd do.

I understand that issues like this are important to people -- Camaro invokes passion -- and passion can sometimes lead to conflict.

My solution? Paint them on as you'd like them to appear.

While we try to keep everyone happy, that's simply impossible.........
And there you have it, straight from Scott himself.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:06 PM   #157
70 COPO
Banned

Drives: Multiple Camaro's
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Calm down everyone.

The decision to make the stripes shorter is one of assembly issues.

I went thru this with the 35th Anniversary cars -- when you 'cross' openings, there is substantial 'scrappage' because unless the edges align EXACTLY, we will strip and start over -- and that adds HUGE cost to do so. (so please, whoever is saying that it doesn't cost any more to install a longer stripe -- it's not a true statement.......) Further, polls are good -- but I can also show you a poll where 87% of people polled said they'd pay $1,000 to add leather fragrance to a Buick Regal a few years back.......(leather does not naturally smell like you think it does......) I'm here to tell you that the Buick poll was FLAWED in that very few people are gonna pay that kind of money -- regardless of what they said they'd do.

I understand that issues like this are important to people -- Camaro invokes passion -- and passion can sometimes lead to conflict.

My solution? Paint them on as you'd like them to appear.

While we try to keep everyone happy, that's simply impossible.........

Just one more post since Scott has decided to comment. Please keep it civil out there OK?

Scott,

Question for you: How could it cost more to put the stripes on at the factory with the same length and labor as you have now with the stripe ending on the front of the hood and simply allowing the dealer to install the front stripe segments? How does that cost more for assembly?

And If you could... where did the planned Bumble bee Package go?
Old 12-31-2008, 08:12 PM   #158
70 COPO
Banned

Drives: Multiple Camaro's
Scott,

One more thing What is GM doing to address the stripe ending for the accessory spoilers at the rear of the car? Hilton has informed all of us that the Stripe stops short on the blade and plans for the Hi wing are complex at this point. Can you comment?
Old 12-31-2008, 09:50 PM   #159
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Temporarily Closed.

Temporarily Closed,

Are you kidding me? Even after Scott explains the situation we are still going after eachother?

I've already posted in another thread my frustration at all the bickering. And now I'm taking action. I've deleted the last few posts. To the members whose posts I've deleted, I apologize.

And yes, civil conversation is the rule.

If Mr. Settlemire would like to expand on his comments here, we will post on his behalf or reopen the thread.

Either way, this thread is closed for the next couple days. Mostly so we can all calm the he!! down.

Closed Thread