Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-24-2019, 10:03 PM   #1
Mr V

Drives: 2011 VR SS Vert
Technostalgia Tail Light Install

Just finished what turned into a two day job getting them installed. The vert has a much smaller area behind the tail lights to work on them than the coupe. if you get a set of these get the following.

1. Some thin gloves that let you still feel the parts. I got my hands really scratched up. Maybe some medical exam gloves or the like.

2. Pick up a cheap set of nylon pry tools. When you pop off the bezel it will be a big help in getting the bottom tabs to come loose.

3. Get a 10mm ratching wrench. I have a mini socket wrench I put a socket on and still could not reach the far side nuts on the outer lights. One other trick is to push on the tail light. The nuts are not very tight so pushing might give you a small gap so you can just turn them by hand.

4. If you want to have the show mode available, get a SPST toggle switch. I got one at home depot for $4. There is an extra purple wire in the harness you can attach to the positive terminal on the battery. When you do that they power on in show mode. Putting the switch in that wire allows you to turn off show mode with the toggle switch. Then if you are at a show or wherever you just flip the toggle and they come on in show mode. They say since they are LED they use hardly any power.

If anyone picks up a set and needs any pointers feel free to IM me. Although I did not do it taking off the bumper will make the install much easier. Here is a link I found on how to do it, of course after I was already part way done.

Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 10:33 AM   #2
Redvert12

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have these also. Originally on a 13 1LT but switched them when I upgraded the the SS. Install was a little tricky due to the cramped space, but doable. Knock on wood, they have worked flawlessly but I don't run the brake light feature.
Redvert12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 08:33 AM   #3
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Lol I just came across this thread, I got the lights given to !e without instructions, was always wondering what the purple wire was for......