Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-22-2020, 01:26 PM   #1
ccutaia

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS,
Help!!! which dash kits match the console's color the best???

Help, I purchased the iDatalink Cam1 dash kit for a touch panel head unit and the color is off. As much as I like the kit, the color mismatch would drive me crazy everyting I got in the car. Does the PAC kit color match the color of the console????? I have all this equipment sitting here and need to send it back and reorder so I can get my install going.
Old 07-22-2020, 01:35 PM   #2
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccutaia View Post
Help, I purchased the iDatalink Cam1 dash kit for a touch panel head unit and the color is off. As much as I like the kit, the color mismatch would drive me crazy everyting I got in the car. Does the PAC kit color match the color of the console????? I have all this equipment sitting here and need to send it back and reorder so I can get my install going.
I had the same concern a year ago as well. I actually contacted them to let them know the color was off or I received a bad one. They responded that that was just the color it was and they where not changing it. I kept it because it is the best functioning set up imho. There’s just not, and probably won’t be one kit that just nails it on all fronts, for the 5th gen. I’ve found all the other kits colors match nearly perfect. I figured eventually, I would or get body guy to paint match it. I haven’t done it yet.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 04:44 PM   #3
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
I had the same concern a year ago as well. I actually contacted them to let them know the color was off or I received a bad one. They responded that that was just the color it was and they where not changing it. I kept it because it is the best functioning set up imho. There’s just not, and probably won’t be one kit that just nails it on all fronts, for the 5th gen. I’ve found all the other kits colors match nearly perfect. I figured eventually, I would or get body guy to paint match it. I haven’t done it yet.
what’s the difference? Too dark, too light??
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:09 PM   #4
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottletalk View Post
what’s the difference? Too dark, too light??
It seems to have a slight goldish tint or such instead of a silver tint. It’s sad they wouldn’t do it right but they probably got a mass deal on all parts and aren’t fixing it. This was the best lighting to show the difference. It’s not this bad but it’s different.
Attached Images

SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote