Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-04-2018, 03:04 PM   #141
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I second the sun visors. They are useless.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:35 PM   #142
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
I second the sun visors. They are useless.
I was actually in a one in a thousand circumstances that the visor worked as intended just the other day. It does happen, I swear!!!
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:52 PM   #143
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
I was actually in a one in a thousand circumstances that the visor worked as intended just the other day. It does happen, I swear!!!
Actually, I take that back. I use the sun visors to clip my garage door opener.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:57 PM   #144
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Nothing. I love my Green Flash.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:27 PM   #145
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
I wouldn't care if the power passenger seat is slow nobody and I mean nobody rides in the back seat.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:36 PM   #146
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky1974 View Post
I think I see a common theme here. All you people with '10s and '11s, complaining about the lack of a power passenger seat, do realize that all 5th Gens, including '10s and '11s, are wired for a power passenger seat. All you have to do is order a bottom seat frame, a switch, a trim panel and a wiring harness and switch the parts out. I did this on my '10 2SS several years ago and I found out that on '11s, it's plug and play, but on the '10s you do have to remove a seat position sensor from the old seat frame and install it on the new seat frame, otherwise you get an air bag light.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176927

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/do...t-upgrade.html

My passengers are instructed to Sit Down, Shut Up, and Hang On.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level300 View Post
In order....
1. Need to press the key fob to open car
2. Need key to start the car (are we in the dark ages?)
3. Not all information can be displayed in HUD (lap timers, tire pressure, temps, etc)
4. How the passenger seat is power. It takes forever to move forward when I have passengers that have to get in the back.
5. Mylink interface

1. I use the key. But it will set off the alarm if you used the FOB to lock it.
2. No, we are in the age of If You Can't turn a Key You Shouldn't Be Driving.
3. HUD is a load of crap and distracting. Set your cruise if you can't judge your speed.
4. Yep. When my ex would leave the seat forward it seemed I was always bent over with rain pounding on my back to wait on the seat. A simple solution would be to have a release handle under the seat to disengage the power back-forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyjk33 View Post
Like most of these, mostly minor gripes. I have the 1LE and I have had nothing but fun going drag racing, autocrossing and doing road course tracks.

Mine would be:

1. MyLink - so slow and ugly. Should have gotten the normal radio. I could do without the screen

2. Why can't I open the trunk when the car is running? Very annoying when doing tech inspections at events when I have to shut it off to pop the trunk.

3. Trying to keep black 1LE wheels clean (although well worth the look)

4. Constant financial restriction to not spend more money on it

5. May just be my car, but the windows have a mind of their own. When I try to open the window a 1/4in or halfway it only wants to go all the way up or down most times. However sometimes it will work

Those are all pretty small though. I can't imagine another car that would cost the same as my 15 1LE that would put the smile on my face that this car does.

5. It took me a while and I actually looked at the owner's manual for the answer.
If the window is going down, press down to stop it. And vice-versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRABill View Post
1. Console arm rest for my elbow. I am being picky looking at the one suggested earlier in this thread.
2. Tiny useless sun visors. I have a convertible so completely screwed on this one.

The reason no power passenger seat is that you have 2 doors power would be slow as piss to let someone into the back no power that mother slides right up for you to allow someone in. If a passenger complains tough luck don't like it don't ask for a ride.

2. The visors are that size because of the great and powerful NHTSA.
3. There were some cars that released the seat bottom when the back was released to fold forward. Probably too dangerous in the event of a crash though. I set my passenger seat about mid-way and it seems to work for front and rear passengers. Only a few passengers these days know how to slide a manual seat so it pretty much stays there
Old 12-04-2018, 09:48 PM   #147
CamaroFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
3. There were some cars that released the seat bottom when the back was released to fold forward. Probably too dangerous in the event of a crash though. I set my passenger seat about mid-way and it seems to work for front and rear passengers. Only a few passengers these days know how to slide a manual seat so it pretty much stays there

Want to read a funny story about the manual passenger seat though?
So my brother-in-law is riding. He is old enough to know manual seats.
Anyway, we are tripping along ~35MPH and I wanted to make a move. So I slip it down to second, hammer the throttle, and pop the clutch. "Holy shit! You knocked me out of my shoes!"

He leans down and starts reaching for his shoes as we are approaching a stop signal. He looks up and knows this as I begin to brake. But he puts his head down again and releases the seat before I could say, "Wait until we stop." and the seat shoots forward and his head hits the dash. I had to bust a gut. I mean, anybody who has ever had manual seats, has to have only ever done it once to know you don't release them when braking.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:51 PM   #148
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Good info! Didn’t know this! Thanks.
That's why I posted it. There were a lot of threads about this subject, on this site, back when the '12s hit and had power seats on both sides, so it was pretty common knowledge then. But, I'm sure a lot of people have moved on and other people replaced them as cars have changed hands. And I don't spend near as much time on here as I used to.

Also, I'm sure that there's a lot more of these cars in the junkyards these days than there were back then, so there's a much better chance of doing this with used seats or parts. It's probably possible to buy an entire used seat these days for less than the price of the conversion parts. Just keep in mind that all 2012-15 Camaros had a power passenger seat and all you have to do is match what you have, leather vs cloth, color, etc. And they don't have to match, if your willing to swap covers. Keep in mind that all leather seats were heated and all cloth seats were not. I think you can interchange these freely without causing problem, but the only way that the heat will work is if you put heated seats in a heated seat car, but I think it would be possible to have heated cloth seats if you installed the heaters in cloth seats and then installed them in a heated seat car. I don't know if heated seats can be made to work in a non-heated seat car or not, but it would require swapping out the Infotainment/HVAC control Panel and re-flashing the Body Control Module. If there's a factory Body Control Module flash that matches your car, it should work, but if not, it would require custom programming.

And, as I mentioned in the other post, the '10s have a Seat Position Sensor that the '11s-'15s do not and the '10s get an AirBag light without it, so if you're putting a newer model seat in a '10 you have to transfer it and it's wiring to the new seat.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.

Last edited by Rocky1974; 12-05-2018 at 11:06 PM.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:19 PM   #149
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
That's why I posted it. There were a lot of threads about this subject, on this site, back when the '12s hit and had power seats on both sides, so it was pretty common knowledge then. But, I'm sure a lot of people have moved on and other people replaced them as cars have changed hands. And I don't spend near as much time on here as I used to.

Also, I'm sure that there's a lot more of these cars in the junkyards these days than there were back then, so there's a much better chance of doing this with used seats or parts. It's probably possible to buy an entire used seat these days for less than the price of the conversion parts. Just keep in mind that all 2012-15 Camaros had a power passenger seat and all you have to do is match what you have, leather vs cloth, color, etc. And they don't have to match, if your willing to swap covers. Keep in mind that all leather seats were heated and all cloth seats were not. I think you can interchange these freely without causing problem, but the only way that the heat will work is if you put heated seats in a heated seat car, but I think it would be possible to have heated cloth seats if you installed the heaters in cloth seats and then installed them in a heated seat car. I don't know if heated seats can be made to work in a non-heated seat car or not, but it would require swapping out the Infotainment/HVAC control Panel and re-flashing the Body Control Module. If there's a factory Body Control Module flash that matches your car, it should work, but if not, it would require custom programming.

And, as I mentioned in the other post, the '10s have a Seat Position Sensor that the '11s-'15s do not and the '10s get an AirBag light without it, so if you're putting a newer model seat in a '10 you have to transfer it and it's wiring to the new seat.
Not all Camaros from '12-'15 had a power passenger seat. That is, unless you're talking about the seat recline.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:36 AM   #150
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Not all Camaros from '12-'15 had a power passenger seat. That is, unless you're talking about the seat recline.
Really? I've never seen one without it. It must have been a stripper model, a 1LS or something. I'm pretty sure that all the SSs and LTs had them. I have a buddy who bought his daughter a 2013 that had been a rental. It had the black steel 18" wheels and no fog lamps. It didn't have My Link and although it had BlueTooth for hands-free calling, it didn't have BlueTooth for playing music or the USB port for playing music, which she really wanted. I told him that I thought there was a kit for adding that, but when checked into it, I found out that the kit only worked on '10-'12s. My point is, that one had less options on it than I've seen, but I don't remember ever checking if it had a power passenger seat or not. I just assumed that it did. Now that this has come up, I'll have to ask him. She's still got it.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:19 PM   #151
CamaroFred

Quote:
Really? I've never seen one without it. It must have been a stripper model, a 1LS or something. I'm pretty sure that all the SSs and LTs had them. I have a buddy who bought his daughter a 2013 that had been a rental. It had the black steel 18" wheels and no fog lamps. It didn't have My Link and although it had BlueTooth for hands-free calling, it didn't have BlueTooth for playing music or the USB port for playing music, which she really wanted. I told him that I thought there was a kit for adding that, but when checked into it, I found out that the kit only worked on '10-'12s. My point is, that one had less options on it than I've seen, but I don't remember ever checking if it had a power passenger seat or not. I just assumed that it did. Now that this has come up, I'll have to ask him. She's still got it.

Unlike the LT and SS, the ONLY difference between a 1LS and a 2LS was an automatic in the 2LS. Very few options were available on the LS. RS was not one of them.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:05 PM   #152
Shazbatt79

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
Yes, the visors are the smallest flimsiest things ever, but I did use mine the other day and the sun was just where the visor worked to block it from my eyes.......

Swear to God, the above happened. May never replicate that again, but it did work!
Shazbatt79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:34 PM   #153

Drives: 15 2SS RS 1LE, 18 Sonic LT, Z71
WINTER
1110110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:38 PM   #154
km9v

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6
No major dislikes:

The gauge needles on the tach & speedo. But I have HUD, so no big deal.
Lack of passenger seat power. But I'm never a passenger.
Lack of rearview camera. The sensors are good though. Whenever I hop in a car w/ a camera, I don't use it.
The sun visors are vestigial. No excuse for that. I do have eyebrow tint.
Lack of lumber support. Overall, the seats are comfortable.
Lack of a physical spare. I'm old school.
The short side windows are a pain at drive throughs & ATMs. But they look good.
km9v is offline   Reply With Quote