Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-12-2024, 12:32 AM   #1
Torkenstein

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Front Drivers wheel sticking out.

As the title states my drivers front wheel/tire sticks out further than the passenger side, roughly 1/2 in. I originally thought that the control arm bushings may have been worn out so I replaced both the forward and rearward lower control bushings with energy suspension bushings, no change. Also before anyone mentions camber both sides are set at -2. Recently installed camber plates and when doing so I maxed the camber at the struts on both sides. With it maxed at the struts and both sides dialed to -2 camber you can see a noticeable difference on the camber plates from side to side. So I compensated on the drivers side by taking camber out at the strut so that both plates adjustment appeared even. The only thing I can think of is the front cradle is shifted to the drivers side but with it having alignment pins I find that hard to believe. Car is a 2013 ZL1 with only 43k miles, all evidence I can see tells me the car was never wrecked so frame damage isn't a factor either.
Torkenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 06:46 AM   #2
larry_g

Drives: 2014 1SS/1LE
Staggered wheel size with a rear mounted on the front?

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
830 WHP 700 WTQ, Whipple 2.9 @ 13lbs Boost, Flex Fuel Tune by Blevins Tuning, LSA SBE, 3.5 GripTec, ATI LS3 Damper, AFR 260cc Mongoose, ARP Studs, Yella Terra Ultralites, Johnson 2110R, BTR PDS Stage 3, Melling 10355, Improved Racing Baffle, ID1050X, DSX Triple Fuel Pump, RotoFab CAI, NW 103mm TB, Stainless Works 1-7/8" LTH to 3" Speed Eng w/ X-pipe to NPP, Powermaster 9509 XS, Detroit Speed Motor Mounts, MGW, Monster LT1-S, ZL1 Calipers, DBA Rotors & Pads, Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks, BMR 1.25" Drop Springs & Adj Rear Bar, Pegasus Solid Bushings, Z/28 Wheels, other misc parts.
larry_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 07:13 AM   #3
Torkenstein

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_g View Post
Staggered wheel size with a rear mounted on the front?

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Nope, new wheel setup for auto x is aggressive so they will poke some but verified backspacing and it's correct. Does it with my MMR M228 wheels as well just not as noticeable with those since they sit entirely inside the fenders.
Torkenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 09:52 AM   #4
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
This is an issue that has been brought up on a couple different forums, ours AND the vette forums. I remember reading them, and nobody has come up with an answer on it! My Camaro is the same way, no matter what wheels I have had on her. Also if you check, you will find that the rears are the same way, I even measured mine just for kicks back then. The only reason I ever found this was when my driver side front was hitting my inner fender and cutting the tire, but the passenger side never touched. So I started looking, researching and found out they were built that way. I even asked my Chevy mechanic back then, and he didn't know either why this was. Several other guys on this forum have brought it up a couple years ago. So, no answer to this date. And I also had the MRR M228's on the front, 20x10 +23 offset