Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-24-2024, 11:02 AM   #1
Eddymel1998

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99
BMR Spherical Bushing Maintenance

I have a set of BRM adjustable rear toe rods and trailing arms, both with the spherical bushings, they're waiting to get installed on the car but in meantime I've been wondering what sort of maintenance they require. I know they are PTFE lined so they don't wear out as fast as some metal on metal racecar stuff, but especially sitting out in the elements, I feel like they would still need to be maintained. So what would you guys recommend? Some sort of cleaner thats friendly to lining, do they need a dedicated lubricant?

And just to answer the question of why spherical instead of poly, these were bought around the holiday sale season, I had a self set deadline to get all parts in, so choices were based on price and availability, all that fell through because of back ordered sway bars, these are what I got so I want to give them the best shot I can, worst case changing them to poly, while not cheap is still an option if the spherical bushings give out.
Old 01-28-2024, 09:02 AM   #2
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Based on what I've read from manufacturers, teflon-lined rod ends don't require any maintenance, but I've also read on forums that they start to click after a while. Maybe buy some dust boots for them. The good thing, though, is if they really start to go, rod ends are relatively inexpensive.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 12:07 PM   #3
Eddymel1998

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99
I linked the thread below but on first post it seems they recommend using amsoil heavy duty metal protector spray.

Quote:
And a NOTE about spherical rod ends and/or bearings. These are NOT totally maintenance-free. Cleaning, lubrication, and frequent inspection are recommended at regularly scheduled intervals (I would suggest at every oil change).

For lubrication and protection of spherical rod ends and bearings, this stuff is the absolute BEST.....

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...?code=AMHSC-EA
Thread: https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369279