Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-30-2014, 03:34 PM   #15
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
And that is what you call stone cold busted!
Old 03-30-2014, 04:03 PM   #16
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Iv'e always said if y'all are going to mod keep it on the LOW...too many people can read everything here. I worked for a dealer in southern california (where modded cars are everywhere) that really was checking out forums in their cities for modded cars.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:07 PM   #17
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Iv'e always said if y'all are going to mod keep it on the LOW...too many people can read everything here. I worked for a dealer in southern california (where modded cars are everywhere) that really was checking out forums in their cities for modded cars.
Like posting drag racing videos on YouTube.....
Old 03-30-2014, 04:15 PM   #18
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
awesome speedy.

if you mod and/or beat on your car, be prepared to live and pay for the problems.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:17 PM   #19
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Dude if you post you ran your car on a track the warranty is voided right there. GM only covers ZL1 and Z28 Camaros for track use. Drag racing it voids the warranty there not including anything else you may of done.

Your other quoted post would have looking into the ECM and PCM for any mods and checking the car over good. The probably found proof you did modify the car so warranty gone.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:06 PM   #20
3rdgen3
10-bolt Destroyer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - AGM, LS3/6M
Dude...you were totally running a 150shot... you said so in this thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330588

I basically called you an idiot for running your car untuned on a 150 shot and now I see you went back and edited your post.

I bet the dealer read your posts before you edited them, didnt they?

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: Cam, Headers, Exhaust, Intake, Gears, Twin Disk, Suspension, Tuned - 475rwhp, 443rwtq
3rdgen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:15 PM   #21
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
This just keeps getting funnier.

Dealer for the win. Buck up and get your check book out.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:27 PM   #22
DefusingDanger

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS
Who goes back and edits post from a three month old thread? Someone with something to hide.
EOD is "A science of vague assumptions, based on debatable figures taken from inconclusive experiments, performed with instruments of problematical accuracy, by persons with doubtful reliability and questionable mentality"
DefusingDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #23
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdgen3 View Post
Dude...you were totally running a 150shot... you said so in this thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330588

I basically called you an idiot for running your car untuned on a 150 shot and now I see you went back and edited your post.

I bet the dealer read your posts before you edited them, didnt they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefusingDanger View Post
Who goes back and edits post from a three month old thread? Someone with something to hide.
What's that called in the legal world ? Tampering with evidence????
Old 03-30-2014, 06:15 PM   #24
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
I believe he did what speedy posted, but dont see how it would stand up in court...I dont know not being a lawyer, but the fact that im anonymous means I can post I did anything on here but doesnt mean I actually did it..Hey yall, I just made a drop in cambodia with a team of seals and we kicked butt and got home in less than an hour.......even pics are easily photoshopped now.

I would think the burden of proof is on the dealer/GM. Simply whats posted on here shouldnt be legally conclusive should it?

Is there some legalize in the contract stating if you post on a forum it will be held as factual?

I know the social media trends are gray and evolving still, just not thinking that posts on here alone would be grounds for voiding his warranty...now if they had pics of him dragracing or he admitted verbally to the dealer AND they had these posts for example, that would be different, but just posts on here? Thats what I question.

Any straight up lawyers on here that can comment?

***Not that I disagree with Speedy, I would think that he most likely did it, just looking at the bone dry legal aspect.

***Also Ive always had a policy of posting nothing on the web period that isnt completely innocent, at least to the best of my ability. Ive even cautioned people who post stuff like vin or other identifying items on here, just because you arent doing something now doesnt mean you might not do something meaningless like put a CAI on later, and GM drops your warranty then...just an example...like Mozzy always says..its always alleged unless the statutes of limitations have run out.....

***Course that all comes down to weather you want to take it to court or not, and if they fly some high powered lawyers down who can get the rulling they want regardless of fault.

As a side note..its been repeatedly stated there is no way to hide that you have had a tune.....yet in his statement the dealer suspects he had a tune.....how did he hide the tune from the dealer?
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:25 PM   #25
DefusingDanger

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS
There is a very key difference between a criminal court and a civil court, that being, the burden of proof. Working in a law firm, I am sure 5GenJordan is aware his situation would fall into a civil case. This means there only needs to be a preponderance of evidence not evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. That is to say that a reasonable person would come to the conclusion based on the custom plate, posts on C5, deleted posts, edited posts that the person who owns the car in question is in fact 5GenJordan and that there is a better than average chance he did make modifications which would void his warranty. Civil courts are not as bone (cut and) dry as we would like to think. Consider OJ Simpson...not guilty in criminal court but in civil court he was guilty. Often times alleged is enough in a civil court.
EOD is "A science of vague assumptions, based on debatable figures taken from inconclusive experiments, performed with instruments of problematical accuracy, by persons with doubtful reliability and questionable mentality"
DefusingDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:29 PM   #26
techinny

Drives: '18 Sierra Denali '05 GMC 2500HD
Sub'd...............

Had: 2010 SS/RS M6 Hurst STS, Noweeds
techinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:31 PM   #27
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Buck up and get your check book out.
My thoughts exactly. It is just a shame so much effort was spent lying and trying to hide it too.

What someone else said in this thread about being the one customer a year from hell, seems most appropriate in this case.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:31 PM   #28
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Holy crap

And that's why they say , when digging a hole and want to get out
First thing to do is , stop digging , throw away the shovel

And never , never shoot your guns to the air , gravity will bring it back down
Good luck with all of this OP
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote