Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-29-2015, 12:32 PM   #1
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
POSSIBLE SOLUTION!!! Please Read

Short & Sweet:

2014 2SS RS M6. Since Day One, I have been having problems with the MyLink/AC/Heat not working randomly. It will work fine for a month, and then randomly go out for a few hours. MyLink screen goes black, nothing will fix it. Couldn't get it to happen at the dealer, so I lived with it. I just went 3 months without having it happen. Yesterday I switched my HUD to the Tach/Speed page, and noticed at idle, the tach is on the border of 2 display values (the green bar is quickly switching from 900-950 RPM. At that moment, the AC/Heat/MyLink stopped working. Made me think, what if it has to do with the HUD? I switched the HUD page to the g-force page, and the MyLink turned back on right away.

To anybody who is having this problem, play with the HUD pages and see if it fixes the issue.

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:35 PM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
So, now you can make the fault reoccur at will? Time to see your dealer again?
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:47 PM   #3
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
I have had this issue twice since August '14.

My car does not have HUD.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:10 PM   #4
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
I can't make it happen every time. Just that once, but I was able to clear it using the HUD... Very weird... Maybe it was a fluke, as Splitter said above, he does not have a HUD and has experienced this problem.

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:40 PM   #5
chasmanian

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Check the wiring from your battery. My father in law had a similar issue. Turned out the battery harness was loose.
chasmanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:32 PM   #6
thegreatwhite

Drives: 2014 SS
idk if this is why but i have the same exact car as you and something just like this happend to me last year right after i bought my car. its a 2014 2SS RS manual i bought it brand new from the dealer last year and had no big issues after i got it. this was the first thing, it was like the power to my dash controls cut off cause even tho my screen was on i couldnt change anything. not even the volume. the screen was stuck on whatever it was and even the air temp and fan level dials wouldnt change anything either no matter how much you moved them. for me this also happend randomly at anytime and i couldnt do something to trigger it. i didnt mess with the HUD so idk if this affected it. anyways i took it to the dealer and they said they couldnt figure out why my dash controls werent working and they couldnt trigger it to diagnose it, but there was a computer update that they could do. they made it sound like the computer update didnt have anything to do with this problem but they did the update and i havent had this problem since then...
thegreatwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 11:44 PM   #7
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS/RS M6
Mine does that i turn the car off, get out, lock it, then come back in and its fine
ǝɔᴉlod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:48 AM   #8
kville988
Lurking in my SS

Drives: '14 2SS/RS L99
my a/c doesn't work randomly as well sometimes. my mylink only went black once or twice. but a few times I was driving my car and noticed it wasn't getting cold. just the fan would blow even though the a/c was on. I have HUD but havent noticed a glitch with it. I just dealt with it also because more than likely the dealer will say they "cant duplicate the issue" and send me on my way.

I had a 2006 malibu before my camaro and it had HORRIBLE a/c issues since the day i got it. at first it was random then it got worst. GM really drops the ball on this stuff and not doing recalls on it. I did a lot of research and found all malibus eventually would have a/c problems. So at first pulling a couple fuses worked and the a/c would cut back on. Then after a while I actually would have to take the a/c circuit board out the car. clean it with alcohol and where the knobs touched the board I had to scribble more graphite onto it with a pencil. Thats how I had to get it to work. Hopefully this isn't the same thing happening.
kville988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:09 AM   #9
THR ZL1 #1
Perma Grinning

Drives: 2012 Tom Henry Racing ZL1
I disconnected the battery, let the car sit over night and then reconnected the battery. Haven't had an issue with it since.

Yes letting it sit over night was over kill but I knew the system would be dead.
2018 Traverse High Country, 2017 Tom Henry Racing ZL1 Convertible, 2016 Silverado High Country HD, 2014 Camaro SS Convertible, 2012 Tom Henry Racing ZL1, 2002 Berger SS Phase II, 2001 Camaro SS Convertible, 1997 Hendrick Motorsports 30th Anniversary LT4 SS, 1992 Camaro RS Z03 25th . . .
THR ZL1 #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:58 PM   #10
ddo_texas

Drives: 2014 Camaro v6 Convertible RS
I too have the same problem. It happens once or twice a month. Of course dealer wants me to bring in when I have the problem, but it will come on before I can get there. Will try HUD settings next time it happens.
ddo_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 06:39 AM   #11
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
This is an issue I have brought up with a dealer.

They've said they couldn't diagnose it.

I only have had the problem twice, but it happens so infrequently that I don't worry about it anymore.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote