Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-01-2014, 11:30 PM   #71
RatedZ

Drives: Camaro SS
What I find funny if all of this was true that he was more upset about the time they called him to discuss the issue. lolz
RatedZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:21 AM   #72
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
OP shot himself in the foot by starting this thread, lol

Speedygonzales, you rock brother, OP is gonna need to be put on medication after this
Old 04-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #73
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Ok first, if the OP used 150jets of nitrous without enough fuel, he probably didnt retard timing too or used a window switch. Hes an idiot and learned the hard way.

Second, I think this very situation do not show real proof of anything. I find it weird that other members spy on each other too, like speedy is working for the dealer. This kind of thread gives reason to stop posting anything on any car forum. Sadly, everyone is under surveillance now by GM if their car breaks under warranty. Im sure all GM dealers will automatically vheck the forums when you have major work to do.

Finally, this forum is mostly about modding and racing your Camaro..and GM uses it as surveillance tool. I am totally against this. Im pretty sure we could spy on all members and find something to void a warranty.

This thread sucks.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:05 PM   #74
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
Ok first, if the OP used 150jets of nitrous without enough fuel, he probably didnt retard timing too or used a window switch. Hes an idiot and learned the hard way.

Second, I think this very situation do not show real proof of anything. I find it weird that other members spy on each other too, like speedy is working for the dealer. This kind of thread gives reason to stop posting anything on any car forum. Sadly, everyone is under surveillance now by GM if their car breaks under warranty. Im sure all GM dealers will automatically vheck the forums when you have major work to do.

Finally, this forum is mostly about modding and racing your Camaro..and GM uses it as surveillance tool. I am totally against this. Im pretty sure we could spy on all members and find something to void a warranty.

This thread sucks.
Maybe the resident GM rep will pipe in as to which mods may or may not jeopardize one's warranty. I've got a GMPP axle back muffler setup on order and was entertaining one of CAI's intakes. I'd appreciate if the resident GM rep could shine some light on whether this intake could or would effect the new vehicle warranty, assuming that it didn't fly apart and pass debris down the intake ports. Of course that may cause some frictional issues between product vendors and the site. That said ,has anyone here ever had an issue with respect to warranty on some of the milder bolt on mods?
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:32 PM   #75
Dwarfey

Drives: 2011 1LT A/T Black w/ Red Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
I've got a GMPP axle back muffler setup on order and was entertaining one of CAI's intakes. That said ,has anyone here ever had an issue with respect to warranty on some of the milder bolt on mods?
I have an axel-back (MRT v2.0) and CAI (Volant). If the installed modified part IS the cause of the problem, then its on you. However, if the installed part did not cause the problem, then you're in the clear. At least that is what I've been told. So, if your intake causes your engine to fail, then its your fault, but they HAVE TO PROVE IT. If they can't, then its fixed under warranty. Consequently, if the transmission fails, then there is no way the intake could have caused that failure, therefore it is taken care of by the warranty.

You also have to (if you want to) keep your stuff legal. California sucks for this crap cause everything has to be 'clean', but just double check your goodies.(Ex. Airraid/K&N intakes are illegal in Cali, however Volant is legal, due to EPA regulations) Also check for BS laws like "Your muffler is too loud, here's a fix-it ticket" law in your town/state.

Here's something to chew on if you want to go in-depth. Namely the "Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act" (It's a 'How to' for Dummies site, but it does a pretty good job in my opinion )

Back to thread... At first I was like "Dude that sucks" to, "Damn you kinda had this coming you fool" in like 10 mins
-MRT v2.0 Exhaust -Painted Red Racing Stripes -Volant Cold Air Intake -Painted Red Interior Accents -Anzo Projector Headlights w/ Oracle White/Red Halos -Black Bowties -Rockford Fosgate 10" Sub w/ 1000W Kenwood Amp
-ZL1 Spoiler - Gloss Black Powder-coated 20" SS Wheels

Last edited by Dwarfey; 04-02-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Dwarfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #76
MrWray
SYBIL

If a person wants to run nitrous and beat the hell out or their car then more power to them, but dont be a moron by starting a thread crying about how the dealership is voiding your warranty. Then deny ever doing anything to your car knowing that you have a paper trail a mile long with posts talking about doing it, and going back and editing all your posts trying to be slick and cover your tracks.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:57 PM   #77
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
I am betting OP will be creating a new account name.
I'll take that bet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
This thread is both sad and awesome at the same time.
LOL...No way I'm reading all that mess, but if the dealers name was mentioned someone should inform them not to waste any more of their time on that car.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:59 PM   #78
TOYMARO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS 2SS
Quote:

1. other members spy on each other too, like speedy is working for the dealer.

2. Sadly, everyone is under surveillance now by GM if their car breaks under warranty. Im sure all GM dealers will automatically vheck the forums when you have major work to do.

3. Finally, this forum is mostly about modding and racing your Camaro..and GM uses it as surveillance tool. I am totally against this. Im pretty sure we could spy on all members and find something to void a warranty.

1. Speedy didnt feel like letting this forum be used for FRAUD, This protects the forum and those who use it.

2. "prove to me thats my car on there sir " (me talking to dealer)

3. see #1 & #2. FRAUD was the reason to INVESTIGATE the BS the OP was putting down. I NEVER just believe someone when they tell me the "facts" , especially when they are outrageous like the OP.

OP wanted to "get us on his side" and also perpetuate falsehoods, in a timeline, so that he could fool and STEAL from the dealer.

The OP is a liar and a thief!

TOYMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #79
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:44 PM   #80
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
I highly doubt any dealership will waste their time using these forums... much less go to court and say "we read on Camaro5 he was using nitrous". Cause they'd look pretty stupid.

I'm sure there was enough visible evidence at the dealership that OP's car was modded. if dealer was smart, they should have taken oil sample (which will show nitrous use) if needed later.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:13 PM   #81
speedygonzales

Drives: 99 z71, 2012 2SS
Ok I have to respond to this post

Quote:

This thread sucks.
First of all if you don't like something, move on. We didn't hold you down and make you read this post. I doubt you read half of it. I was not spying. I instantly spotted a liar and went to his past posts. Surely even you could see those for what they are. No?

With regard to spying. I said at least 2 times that if the engine were opened up, the evidence will prove what the op did. So by the dealer saying he was wrong and sending him on his way, ultimately saved him money. How? If the dealer just said ok leave it here and then they pull it down. They see the evidence of broken piston ring lands. Boo Ya, guess what? He now has to pay for disassembly!

It's funny that you are the only person that dis-likes what happened. Why? are you among the 1% that tries to put one over on a dealer?

I am not connected to any car dealer what so ever. In fact we are currently fighting with a dealer to get my wifes Camaro clutch problem fixed as we speak. She is driving a rental Silverado today. We are not happy with the trouble shooting process thus far. And oh yeah, my wife is so in to cars, she has a clutch at 51 years old.

I am an outdoor power equipment dealer. Yeah I sell lawn mowers and trimmers and chainsaws. I have seen my fair share of folks trying to lie that they didn't do anything wrong. Just as I mentioned, the equipment does not lie.

Several folks here posted proof he lied and attempted to hide it. I fail to understand your feeling that he was ratted out. Wrong is wrong. Unless you don't actually think he did nitrous.

The last word is this. Only people that do the wrong thing fear being seen doing it.
speedygonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:37 PM   #82
MrWray
SYBIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygonzales View Post
First of all if you don't like something, move on. We didn't hold you down and make you read this post. I doubt you read half of it. I was not spying. I instantly spotted a liar and went to his past posts. Surely even you could see those for what they are. No?

With regard to spying. I said at least 2 times that if the engine were opened up, the evidence will prove what the op did. So by the dealer saying he was wrong and sending him on his way, ultimately saved him money. How? If the dealer just said ok leave it here and then they pull it down. They see the evidence of broken piston ring lands. Boo Ya, guess what? He now has to pay for disassembly!

It's funny that you are the only person that dis-likes what happened. Why? are you among the 1% that tries to put one over on a dealer?

I am not connected to any car dealer what so ever. In fact we are currently fighting with a dealer to get my wifes Camaro clutch problem fixed as we speak. She is driving a rental Silverado today. We are not happy with the trouble shooting process thus far. And oh yeah, my wife is so in to cars, she has a clutch at 51 years old.

I am an outdoor power equipment dealer. Yeah I sell lawn mowers and trimmers and chainsaws. I have seen my fair share of folks trying to lie that they didn't do anything wrong. Just as I mentioned, the equipment does not lie.

Several folks here posted proof he lied and attempted to hide it. I fail to understand your feeling that he was ratted out. Wrong is wrong. Unless you don't actually think he did nitrous.

The last word is this. Only people that do the wrong thing fear being seen doing it.
Amen
Old 04-03-2014, 10:22 AM   #83
TOYMARO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygonzales View Post

nailed it there!!!!!!!!!

and why it pisses ME off.....now the dealer looks at me funny because others try to pull one over. THANKS THIEVES. (didnt happen but oits the point)
TOYMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:35 AM   #84
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:

This thread sucks.
I'm not sure what you are totally against... but I'm just guessing its the part about GM using it as a tool. I can assure you they do not use it as a tool to void warranties etc. I was invited to visit the media center and talk to the folks there about what the monitor and do not monitor and I can tell you first hand the folks are there for one purpose which is to try and help you out. Good media relations goes a long way and GM recognizes that. They simply look for folks having problems or questions and try to help. It's not anywhere in their agenda to look for people being dishonest.