Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-12-2015, 01:32 PM   #1
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
Anybody ever have rude comments made?

Obviously theres always that one ignorant comment, but I have had a few...

First day I looked at my car at the dealership, I decided I was going to buy it. I was back and forth a few times, and stopped by to take a few pictures as it sat on the lot. I walked up to the car and a few older guys were looking at it. I went to take a picture, and one of them said "nice car eh". I replied yeah, it's mine. He continues to say stuff like "you wish", and "the cruze's are over there". I just walked away, unbeknownst to him, I drove it off the lot a few hours later.

Took it in to the same dealer for it's first oil change. It was parked in the bay, waiting for the next person to be available. I noticed a mark on the spoiler that I had never seen before. Turned around, and walked back to the car. It was a small piece of sap or something, and I went to wipe it off. A guy waiting for his car came over and FLIPPED about how I shouldn't touch other peoples' cars, and I'll understand one day when I'm older. The (awesome) service advisor yelled over "It's his f***ing car!" The guy went and sat down, no apology.

Yesterday, I was at the car wash. I just spray the car with water at the coin-op (it's Plasti Dipped). As I was pulling out, some guy in a Nissan Altima pulled behind me and yelled "you ruined it with that shitty paint" and threw a half full water bottle at my back window.

Just had to rant. I'm 21 years old and work hard as shit to pay for my stuff. Some people just don't understand that young(er) people can drive nice cars too.

(neither of the dealer stories were employees of the dealer, just ignorant customers)

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:49 PM   #2
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
First day I drove mine in to work. Some woman who is a client saw it (she's actually pretty hot), turns up her nose and says,
"I don't like sports cars." ...
I looked at her and said,
"That's because you're getting old. Your ass is too fat to fit in the seats anyway."...

Even she started laughing... Everyone else busted a gut..

Ignore the haters. You earned your car.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:59 PM   #3
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Did u beat the guy that threw a water bottle at ur car
Old 05-12-2015, 02:01 PM   #4
RockSmasher

Drives: 2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
Jealousy is a stinky cologne my friend. Driving my new car out of the dealer last week, some knob in a Nissan Cube, cause they're cool, says to me as we met driver's windows, "That's pretty nice, but I just hate the front ends on the new Chargers. They've ruined that car". "Good thing you have that sexy thing eh buddy". Left him in a cloud of tire smoke. Haters gonna hate.
RockSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:01 PM   #5
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Congratulations. You are learning that most adults are idiots. Don't let that crush your soul.

Being older, I have the opposite problem. I've been looked down upon before by people that think I should drive a nicer car.

Judging people by what they drive is the work of small minds.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:03 PM   #6
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
I get the same shit all the time. Even though mines only a V6 the color attracts a lot of attention. I get asked all the time if my dad knows I took his car out.
I'm in the same boat as you. Worked my ass off through college and Grad school then saved up and bought the car so it bugs me when people assume it was handed to me.
No offense to those on here that were given the car as a gift btw.
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:06 PM   #7
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
I HATE THE "Dad's car" thing!!!!!!!!! I get it all the time. "someone's dad has a good job", "does your Dad know you have the car", "Lucky, my Dad wouldn't let me take his car". My Dad passed away in 2012, and I can;t expect everyone to know that, but it still pisses me off.

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:09 PM   #8
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
First day I drove mine in to work. Some woman who is a client saw it (she's actually pretty hot), turns up her nose and says,
"I don't like sports cars." ...
I looked at her and said,
"That's because you're getting old. Your ass is too fat to fit in the seats anyway."...

Even she started laughing... Everyone else busted a gut..

Ignore the haters. You earned your car.
You gotta have a sense of humor. One of the women I work with told me "Sorry about your penis." when I showed up with the Corvette. I laughed my ass off!
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:13 PM   #9
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSmasher View Post
Jealousy is a stinky cologne my friend. Driving my new car out of the dealer last week, some knob in a Nissan Cube, cause they're cool, says to me as we met driver's windows, "That's pretty nice, but I just hate the front ends on the new Chargers. They've ruined that car". "Good thing you have that sexy thing eh buddy". Left him in a cloud of tire smoke. Haters gonna hate.
The first time I saw it on the street I thought the same thing. It looks alright just doesn't look like a charger anymore.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:15 PM   #10
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
I always thought that the entire population of Canada was as sweet as Maple syrup

The dude who threw the water bottle should have had his face washed on his windshield that day, would have made him think twice next time.

Ignore the haters man, and enjoy your awesome car.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:16 PM   #11
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
I herd that one once, I pulled it out and showed it to em. Guess I showed him, he will not look me in the eyes anymore. Took away his manhood I guess.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:17 PM   #12
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
I always thought that the entire population of Canada was as sweet as Maple syrup

The dude who threw the water bottle should have had his face washed on his windshield that day, would have made him think twice next time.

Ignore the haters man, and enjoy your awesome car.

Now I want some pancakes soaked in syrup.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:17 PM   #13
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
People say I'm intimidating looking, bald, Goatee, no one says squat to me. I like it. For the life of me I don't know why anyone would get a Charger when the Challenger is available if you need to go Mopar.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:20 PM   #14
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
a lot of people talk sh*t and it really has nothing to do with you. it says more about them. so don't take it personal.