That as well.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:40 PM   #16
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post
I'm not sure what.who Chevy is going after, but this thing is going to be a beast! I have no doubt Mustang is beat, so now is it time for imports? Audi, BMW, etc.? Can't wait to see the magazine reviews of this bad boy!
The upcoming Ford Shelby GT500?

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:33 PM   #17
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post

I don't think they're going to bring back the Z/28. There is just no real market anymore.
I think you are most likely right.
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 03:41 PM   #18
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Ford will not take this laying down.

But which motor? The 650hp GT ecoboost V6? A turbo or blown Coyote/Voodoo?

Competition is good for all fanbois.
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 03:46 PM   #19
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
Ford will not take this laying down.

But which motor? The 650hp GT ecoboost V6? A turbo or blown Coyote/Voodoo?

Competition is good for all fanbois.
I for one would love to see a blown Voodoo. Actually I'd like to see or drive any Voodoo LOL. Tired of drooling over videos.
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 03:47 PM   #20
Ninjac
Banned

Drives: Something with FI
Interesting in how this car will perform, it has some nice things going for it for sure.

On the circuit it will be interesting just how many laps it can turn before heatsoaksets in...(F/I (supercharged) is not the best track application)

As for a straight line, it may have a hard time against a hellcat, AND a 13/14 GT500. Remember the Stang weighs in about the same if not a little less, and has 662HP. Its already well known that it will get it done in the 1/4. The Hellcat is also a beast in the 1/4 with just a tire swap. Unlike the Shelby, it to has a automatic option that takes bad shifting out of the equation.

It will be interesting for sure.
Ninjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 03:49 PM   #21
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjac View Post
Interesting in how this car will perform, it has some nice things going for it for sure.

On the circuit it will be interesting just how many laps it can turn before heatsoaksets in...(F/I (supercharged) is not the best track application)
There doesn't seem to be a heatsoak issue. They took journalists on hot laps for 2 hours straight stopping only to let them change journalists which kept the car stopped and soaking in its own heat. Not once did it have any issues even with the front rotors glowing red. It seems like they really got it right.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 03:51 PM   #22
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:

As for a straight line, it may have a hard time against a hellcat, AND a 13/14 GT500. Remember the Stang weighs in about the same if not a little less, and has 662HP. Its already well known that it will get it done in the 1/4. The Hellcat is also a beast in the 1/4 with just a tire swap. Unlike the Shelby, it to has a automatic option that takes bad shifting out of the equation.

It will be interesting for sure.
I am pretty confident it will take both cars, the Camaro actually gets traction.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:58 PM   #23
Ninjac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
I am pretty confident it will take both cars, the Camaro actually gets traction.
Traction is nothing more than a tire swap. And before we go to this whole stock thing, how many people you know run actually run it stock ? A tire swap is a normal mod if you want to even call it a mod. Bloody O, even GM ran the last gen ZL1 with a tire when it did it's test video.

Put a tire on all three, tire only, and I as I said, it gets interesting. Very interesting indeed.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:07 PM   #24
four0nefive

Drives: Nothing Fast (Yet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Well, to be fair, it's not 800lbs lighter. We are looking at a ZL1 coming it at 3950-ish. The Hellboat is 4450, so 500lbs. Which is still huge.

The ZL1 will most likely beat the current hellcat in every aspect you can imagine, except which car still looks like its 70's grandfather.

Quote:
Looks like those of us who were estimating the ZL1 at 3,950lbs were pretty much spot on

4150-200=3,950.
My bad on the weight of the ZL1. Even at 3950ish, the car is still at a 500 lb. advantage, so I don't really see a less aerodynamic and heavier being faster.

Quote:

You're right, superchargers aren't great for road courses, but the car has 11 heat exchangers. I highly doubt it will heatsoak, and as Eric mentioned, the car was taken for hot laps for hours with no issue. I think the C7 Z06 production in 2017 is delayed (by about 3 months I think) because they probably are trying to integrate some of the ZL1 cooling into it.
four0nefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:52 PM   #25
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Traction is nothing more than a tire swap. And before we go to this whole stock thing, how many people you know run actually run it stock ? A tire swap is a normal mod if you want to even call it a mod. Bloody O, even GM ran the last gen ZL1 with a tire when it did it's test video.

Put a tire on all three, tire only, and I as I said, it gets interesting. Very interesting indeed.
Traction is so much more than just tires, suspension, transmission, launch control, type of rearend etc.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:39 PM   #26
Ninjac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Traction is so much more than just tires, suspension, transmission, launch control, type of rearend etc.
I agree. But he other two cars are already PROVEN to run well with a tire. I have witness both of the mentioned cars run well into the low 11's with just a tire and competent driver, in S. Fl heat at that. This is why I stand by what I have said. Its not like the suspension on the other two cars crap.

With what the Gen6 ZL1 will bring its weight and power will put int right in line with the other cars. I will stand by what I have said. It will be very interesting how it comes out.

With the heat soak question, you cannot get a reading with the butt dyno, or the fact it ferried people around on a ride along. The real test will be a track day running sessions with gear to evaluate how it does. So I will hold my judgement of this until then. Even s, with those many coolers, I feel it will probably perform above average.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:44 PM   #27
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
A lot of bashing the Hellcat with its proven 10.5-10.8 time at the strip with 305s.

The Hellcat will win at a drag strip, period.
The ZL1 will win on a road course, period.

More than likely I will own both cars but a lot of you guys will get your asses handed to you currently either be on the highway, red light which a lot of you all do anyway. Only a handful take it to a road course while the majority of you speed on your local paved roads.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:47 PM   #28
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
With how heavily built this car is, and the track prowess they're touting on it, as well as the 1LE...

I don't think they're going to bring back the Z/28. There is just no real market anymore.
Not at the price point they wanted it to be at. Lol. Just couldn't justify paying the $70k for one.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote