Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-24-2014, 09:58 PM   #1
Twinturbozo6

Drives: 2013 SSM 427
mylink ipod issues

I am probably beatimg a dead horse but my 2013 camaro has mylink with nav no matter which ipod or iphone i use it indexes. Indexing causes problems with my system because when you tell it to play an artist it plays multiple of 1 song then goes to another. I own a 2011 tahoe ltz that has the nav system non mylink it works flawlessly with whatever i plug in to it including my 160 gb ipod with 115 gb on it.. So is there a way to disable the indexing as it doesnt need it and causes problems..
Twinturbozo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:17 PM   #2
MaloCS

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Edition, 2SS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinturbozo6 View Post
I am probably beatimg a dead horse but my 2013 camaro has mylink with nav no matter which ipod or iphone i use it indexes. Indexing causes problems with my system because when you tell it to play an artist it plays multiple of 1 song then goes to another. I own a 2011 tahoe ltz that has the nav system non mylink it works flawlessly with whatever i plug in to it including my 160 gb ipod with 115 gb on it.. So is there a way to disable the indexing as it doesnt need it and causes problems..
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the answer in no. The only way I found of bypassing the index feature on an iDevice is to connect to MyLink via bluetooth. However, your iPod Classic doesn't have bluetooth connectivity so you're s.o.l.

I feel your pain. I'm very disappointed with how GM's MyLink handles Apple's iDevices.
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:32 AM   #3
Twinturbozo6

Drives: 2013 SSM 427
I just use the 64 gb ipod touch with the camaro..i think the indexing is the problem as the tahoe does not index..i would like to find a way for direct access to the ipod without indexing or the gracenote.. i have all my music programmed with artist and name and album artwork already.. The tahoe was a 1800 upgrade the camaro was just 795 so gm can program every radio like this. it is in the programming of the radio , cant even play cd's they have really let me down on this issue
Twinturbozo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:55 PM   #4
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I tried 4 different apple devices, same issues with all of them. Bought a fast 128gb SD card and a small card reader and put my music library on it, works much better. Some people have asked why not just use a USB flash drive, the answer is the SD card is faster, indexes much faster than a flash drive, especially when you have 9500 songs on it.
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote