Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-19-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
Trike rider

Drives: 2014 ss 1Le
Drag build

Okay I’m getting ready to tear it down. Doing a cai long tub headers with cat delete, tsp intake and 150 shot nitrous set up. Doing the zl1diff swap and upgrading suspension. Two questions not sure how fast will go. Do they make a bolt in roll cage? Also wanted to switch to dr what size can I use? Forgot doing cam oil pump timing chain and it’s being dyno tuned.
Trike rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 07:30 PM   #2
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Best DRs are MT ET Street R 315/50x17.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 07:52 PM   #3
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS/1LE
You can run to 10.0 without a rollbar now as long as you still have all the factory safety equipment in tact (airbags and all of that). Just need a jacket and a helmet. NHRA finally passed the rule.
Some weird snail with a belt on it | Tial Q Bov | CCP Jam Cam | Stainless Works 1 7/8" Headers to Custom 3" Exhaust | Alky Control Dual Nozzle| ProMeth Trunk Mount Tank | Melling Oil Pump | DSX Aux Pump | id1050x Injectors | McLeod RXT w/ Monster Billet Release Bearing | ZL1 3.73 Rear Diff | BMR Delrin/Poly Diff Bushings | DSS 1-Piece Aluminum Driveshaft | ZL1 Axles | Metco Driveshaft Loop | BMR Adjustable LCA's, TA's, Toe Rods | BMR Adjustable Sway Bar w/ Fe3 End Links | Mickey Thompson 305/35-20 Street S/S Drag Radials |
TheInfamouSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #4
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfamouSS View Post
You can run to 10.0 without a rollbar now as long as you still have all the factory safety equipment in tact (airbags and all of that). Just need a jacket and a helmet. NHRA finally passed the rule.
I'm curious if the new rule means ALL factory safety equipment. I remove my passenger seat and that disables the passenger side airbags. I also pull a couple fuses to disable stablitrac and abs due to tire size difference between front and rear.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:33 PM   #5
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
I'm curious if the new rule means ALL factory safety equipment. I remove my passenger seat and that disables the passenger side airbags. I also pull a couple fuses to disable stablitrac and abs due to tire size difference between front and rear.
I run without back seats. Im sure the passenger side wouldn't really matter but I would check with someone more experienced on that one. Don't want to give you the wrong answer there. But if it throws an airbag light they might say something. You can always try and see what happens.

I also had to pull fuses to disable stablitrac and abs, but I always do that after I get tech'd in anyway.
Some weird snail with a belt on it | Tial Q Bov | CCP Jam Cam | Stainless Works 1 7/8" Headers to Custom 3" Exhaust | Alky Control Dual Nozzle| ProMeth Trunk Mount Tank | Melling Oil Pump | DSX Aux Pump | id1050x Injectors | McLeod RXT w/ Monster Billet Release Bearing | ZL1 3.73 Rear Diff | BMR Delrin/Poly Diff Bushings | DSS 1-Piece Aluminum Driveshaft | ZL1 Axles | Metco Driveshaft Loop | BMR Adjustable LCA's, TA's, Toe Rods | BMR Adjustable Sway Bar w/ Fe3 End Links | Mickey Thompson 305/35-20 Street S/S Drag Radials |
Old 12-21-2018, 01:54 PM   #6
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Good tip on pulling the fuses after tech. I could pull the seat after tech too.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:24 AM   #7
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Quote:
Good tip on pulling the fuses after tech. I could pull the seat after tech too.
Yea I wasn't sure if they would give me a problem so I just figured to skip all of the BS I would just do it after.
Old 12-25-2018, 05:50 AM   #8
CH.CRAFT

Drives: 2018 HOT WHEELS SS 6 SPEED COUPE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfamouSS View Post
Yea I wasn't sure if they would give me a problem so I just figured to skip all of the BS I would just do it after.
I SEE A NUMBER OF FIFTH AND SIXTH GEN CAMAROS RACING AT MY HOME TRACK WITH THE REAR AND PASS SEATS REMOVED WITH NO PROBLEMS TECHING IN. I PERSONALLY DO NOT SEE IT MAKING ANY DIFFERENCE SAFETY WISE WHICH IS THE OBJECTIVE OF A TECH INSPECTION. OUR TRACK IS SOMEWHAT EASIER ON TECH FOR LATE MODEL CARS THAT ARE PRETTY FAST FROM THE FACTORY, THE EXCEPTION BEING FOR CONVERTABLES. THE SAFE THING TO DO IS HAVING CONTACT WITH THE TRACK TECH INSPECTOR AND GETTING THE STRAIGHT SCOOP. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BUILD.
HAVE YOU RUN THE 305/35r20 M/T’S YET ?, I JUST ORDERED A SET FOR MY BONE STOCK ZL1 THAT INTEND TO RUN IN OUR STREET BRACKET.
CH.CRAFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 07:56 AM   #9
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH.CRAFT View Post
I SEE A NUMBER OF FIFTH AND SIXTH GEN CAMAROS RACING AT MY HOME TRACK WITH THE REAR AND PASS SEATS REMOVED WITH NO PROBLEMS TECHING IN. I PERSONALLY DO NOT SEE IT MAKING ANY DIFFERENCE SAFETY WISE WHICH IS THE OBJECTIVE OF A TECH INSPECTION. OUR TRACK IS SOMEWHAT EASIER ON TECH FOR LATE MODEL CARS THAT ARE PRETTY FAST FROM THE FACTORY, THE EXCEPTION BEING FOR CONVERTABLES. THE SAFE THING TO DO IS HAVING CONTACT WITH THE TRACK TECH INSPECTOR AND GETTING THE STRAIGHT SCOOP. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BUILD.
HAVE YOU RUN THE 305/35r20 M/T’S YET ?, I JUST ORDERED A SET FOR MY BONE STOCK ZL1 THAT INTEND TO RUN IN OUR STREET BRACKET.

If you are running 20s, you aren't quick enough to worry about tech issues.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:19 AM   #10
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Quote:
I wouldn't see it as a problem either, I just know every place is different so I didn't want to give him a guarantee on that one.

As far as the 305/35r20 M/T'S: Yes, I ran them. For a bone stock ZL1 especially they will be perfect. I was actually using a loaner set my friend gave me for the end of the season last year when I finally got my car back. They definitely did the trick if the track prep was on point, but definitely wasn't enough for what I was putting down last season either.

For this upcoming season I have a 17x10" weld s71 that I am going to be pairing w/ some ET Street R's on them. Definitely going to need a lot more bite especially with these "minor" winter upgrades I am doing.
Old 12-25-2018, 06:46 PM   #11
CH.CRAFT

Quote:
If you are running 20s, you aren't quick enough to worry about tech issues.
I THINK YOU MAY HAVE MISUNDERSTOOD MY STATEMENT, I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT TECH ISSUES. PULLING SEATS OUT FOR RACING WAS THE QUESTION ABOUT TECH.
Old 12-25-2018, 07:22 PM   #12
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Quote:
I THINK YOU MAY HAVE MISUNDERSTOOD MY STATEMENT, I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT TECH ISSUES. PULLING SEATS OUT FOR RACING WAS THE QUESTION ABOUT TECH.
If you have a bone stock ZL1 and are running 20s, you don't have worry about tech inspections regardless of what seats are in the car or even going fast for that matter.
Old 12-25-2018, 08:20 PM   #13
CH.CRAFT

Quote:
If you have a bone stock ZL1 and are running 20s, you don't have worry about tech inspections regardless of what seats are in the car or even going fast for that matter.
THAT IS WHAT I SAID, I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT TECH NOR AM I PULLING SEATS OUT EITHER, YOU GUYS WERE TALKING ABOUT TECHING IN WITH SEATS REMOVED. MY STATEMENT WAS RELATIVE TO HOW THE DIFFERENT CARS, OLD AND NEW ARE TECH INSPECTED AT MY HOME TRACK.
Old 12-25-2018, 08:24 PM   #14
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Quote:
THAT IS WHAT I SAID, I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT TECH NOR AM I PULLING SEATS OUT EITHER, YOU GUYS WERE TALKING ABOUT TECHING IN WITH SEATS REMOVED. MY STATEMENT WAS RELATIVE TO HOW THE DIFFERENT CARS, OLD AND NEW ARE TECH INSPECTED AT MY HOME TRACK.
QUIT YELLING.